What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sony Michel and James White with my 3rd/4th pick? (1 Viewer)

ArkhamFantasy

Footballguy
I'm in a 12 team PPR league (RB/WR flex) with the 11th pick, i want to go Kelce/WR with my first two and i was thinking about a strategy where i try to hog the NE backfield, my thinking is that between Michel and White, at least one of them is going to do really well. I did this during the post season fantasy last year and it worked really well. 

The only problem is that it's likely that RBs like Damien Williams, Chris Carson, Marlon Mack will be available, is it crazy to pass on those guys to utilize this strategy?

Don't do this.

First of all, I think locking in on particular players too far ahead makes you miss out on dropping value.  Be flexible.

Second of all, Although the NE running game always produces, unless you can start the "Patriots running back" it doesn't help.  You have to pick a player any given game and locking up the position doesn't help you.  It's not like the Patriots play one guy and tell you which guy it will be.  Pick the player at a position you think will do best.  "Locking up" the Patriots running game doesn't particularly help and is poor strategy.. Pick the best players at any given pick.

More specifically, I would personally have all those other running backs ranked ahead of either of these Patriots running backs so I wold draft any of them first.  

Is this league a start 1 TE?  If so, I am projecting Kelce will not be there at 11.  If I am at 9 / 10 with Kelce on the board in a start TE PPR, he does not get by me.   As to answer your question on the New England RBs, don't do it.  If you project Carson and Mack to be there, those would be your targets.    

Do not lock in a position or player to draft when going into a draft.  Too many things happen and value may fall and if you have your blinders on because of your pre-draft strategy you will miss value when it presents itself.  

Take BPA and I doubt that would lead to taking Michel and White in back to back picks.

Users who are viewing this thread