What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Righteous Gemstones (1 Viewer)

Somebody at HBO sure does love Danny Mcbride
Good thing somebody does. I seriously can't watch anything with him in it. He plays probably the grossest characters on television. It's gross-out humor for the taste-sensitive. Do not dig.

Good thing somebody does. I seriously can't watch anything with him in it. He plays probably the grossest characters on television. It's gross-out humor for the taste-sensitive. Do not dig.
Agreed. He was funny in small doses but he can’t carry his own shows  imo.

Watched it. Just ok. Not great, not terrible. Out for now. I might revisit when the whole season is available...if I' run out of better things to watch.

Watching people get run over in the run-down parking lot less than a mile from where I grew up (and McBride freaking out at that laundrymat) did make it funnier.  Does not seem like a show that McBride is expected to carry; Goodman and Adam Devine are good.

Watching people get run over in the run-down parking lot less than a mile from where I grew up (and McBride freaking out at that laundrymat) did make it funnier.  Does not seem like a show that McBride is expected to carry; Goodman and Adam Devine are good.
You ever been to that Leslie's Pool Supply?

Saw Episode 2 last night.  A little better over the pilot, in part because it didn't feel so "setuppy" and in part because it was only 1/2 hour, which is a much better time length for this.  I'll keep watching... for now.

I need to see the second ep to see if I will stay on board, but to me they tried to do too much with the first one. They should have just introduced the characters and some of the sub-characters and saved the whole blackmail angle for the 2nd ep. 

No, but it does seem like we will have penis every time
Yes, the third episode had multiple thug penises.  I get that there are penises in the world, I've got one myself, but I am not certain I need to see them on screen for maybe 5% of the screen time of each episode if they are not advancing the story or done for comedic effect.  Wasted story telling time in my mind.  Still, if this is the artistic vision of the creators of the story that's fine, but it is losing me rapidly.  Of course the caricature nature of the characters needed for comedy effect and to drive the story also seem likely to drag down the story rather quickly.  This may have been better as a movie than an episodic story.  We will see.  I am in for another episode or two, at least.  Maybe it will find its legs.  It did have promise.

Yes, the third episode had multiple thug penises.  I get that there are penises in the world, I've got one myself, but I am not certain I need to see them on screen for maybe 5% of the screen time of each episode if they are not advancing the story or done for comedic effect.  Wasted story telling time in my mind.  Still, if this is the artistic vision of the creators of the story that's fine, but it is losing me rapidly.  Of course the caricature nature of the characters needed for comedy effect and to drive the story also seem likely to drag down the story rather quickly.  This may have been better as a movie than an episodic story.  We will see.  I am in for another episode or two, at least.  Maybe it will find its legs.  It did have promise.
They're generally near the penis, if that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread