What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need help with Auction flex league (1 Viewer)

Who am I?

Footballguy
I have done auctions for many years. However, this year I have been asked to take over a team in a partial dynasty auction flex league. They are changing some rules so basically it will be a new draft. 

$200 cap. Start 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 1PK, 1 Defense and 3 flex starters (RB/WR/TE). 

Suggestions on how to attack the auction? In a more normal format, I like to take a balanced approach. 1 top 7 RB, a top 5 WR and find value at QB and TE.

Would like to go in with some sort of strategy. Target RB's? WR's? Maybe grab two top TE's since at least one is required? Many options.

Thanks

Didn't see in you OP if this is Non-ppr or ppr.  But assuming non-ppr I would load up on as many of the top 24 RB's as I could get and punt on WR till the $1 guys since you only have to start 1 WR and get to start 4 RB's.  

My goal would be to get 2 RB1's and 2 RB's and 2 RB's that might come on late in the season.  Then get one decent WR in the WR20-24 range and then load up on super cheap guys and play the WW to find some depth and upside. 

In PPR I would do the opposite and take 4 top WR's and maybe 1 decent RB and grab a bunch of fliers.  

TE is a good position to fade in non-ppr.  Take what ever QB you like best for $1-4.  

Didn't see in you OP if this is Non-ppr or ppr.  But assuming non-ppr I would load up on as many of the top 24 RB's as I could get and punt on WR till the $1 guys since you only have to start 1 WR and get to start 4 RB's.  

My goal would be to get 2 RB1's and 2 RB's and 2 RB's that might come on late in the season.  Then get one decent WR in the WR20-24 range and then load up on super cheap guys and play the WW to find some depth and upside. 

In PPR I would do the opposite and take 4 top WR's and maybe 1 decent RB and grab a bunch of fliers.  

TE is a good position to fade in non-ppr.  Take what ever QB you like best for $1-4.  
good post!

im a fan of studs and duds, so i always try to acquire at least two high end talents at RB and or WR and then fill in the rest with cheap players. please dont spend more than $5 on qb's.

most auctions ive participated in the first players in the elite tier seem to be undervalued with the end of the tier being grossly overvalued

PPR league.

This is good info and just what I was looking for. I've done plenty of auctions, but never one with this roster format. Makes sense to load up on WR's and that was my initial thought. I think I will still try and grab a low end RB1 and a top 7 TE and then high end WR's. Seems like the best bet. 

im a fan of studs and duds, so i always try to acquire at least two high end talents at RB and or WR and then fill in the rest with cheap players. please dont spend more than $5 on qb's.

most auctions ive participated in the first players in the elite tier seem to be undervalued with the end of the tier being grossly overvalued
Studs and duds always a popular way to fill a roster, but I've seen folks trying to apply it in bad situations too. For example, it's not hard to acquire 4 or 5 studs in a start 8 or 9 12 team league. But try a 14 team start 12 superflex league with two TE required. You're lucky to get 3 studs.....and the value you're losing in your other 8 or 9 starters will end up more then the value gained in those first 3.

Bottom line is strategies often have to be adjusted to league settings...INCLUDING lineup requirements

Users who are viewing this thread