What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 Anarchy League 5 Thread (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
League 5 Site
Draft set to start tomorrow Fri 8/23 at 8:00.
If we can get organized and people check in today, I can start draft earlier.
Will turn on 8:00 hour timer after the first round is completed.

Draft order:
01) Arodin
02) Mr. Landry
03) Ruffrodys
04) Maggot Brain
05) Go DC Yourself
06) Biabreakable
07) ryheaps
08) Stinkin' Ref
09) Pigskin Fanatic
10) Norseman
11) Wet Work Scrappers
12) Mr. Irrelevant
13) Crippler
14) Anarchy99
15) BassNBrew
16) bro1ncos

Last edited by a moderator:
IN

Let's do that one we did last year (and maybe the year before,) the all stud team. I'll do that again. 

Here are the number of QBs that went off the board in the first 52 picks of the other Anarchy leagues:

A1: 6
A2: 3
A3: 6
A4: 7
A6: 7

I guess what I'm saying is, if you're gonna leave the obvious consensus QB2 there for me at 4.05, thank you very much.

In case people didn't get the memo, I will be reducing the draft timer from 8 hours to 6 hours. We have to up the speed of the draft to get done by opening day (9/5).

9.06 134.Biabreakable McCoy, LeSean KCC RB Sat Aug 31 7:53:02 a.m. CT 2019 except that he was a Bill and then a free agent shortly after I drafted him.

Then Ref uses up 5 hours to see McCoy cut and takes Singletary. At that particular moment I thought damn, maybe I should have waited until cuts were done like Ref did.

But of course Andy Reid loves him some Shady McCoy. Poor Damien Williams owners. LOL SOD!!

9.06 134.Biabreakable McCoy, LeSean KCC RB Sat Aug 31 7:53:02 a.m. CT 2019 except that he was a Bill and then a free agent shortly after I drafted him.

Then Ref uses up 5 hours to see McCoy cut and takes Singletary. At that particular moment I thought damn, maybe I should have waited until cuts were done like Ref did.

But of course Andy Reid loves him some Shady McCoy. Poor Damien Williams owners. LOL SOD!!
Yeah, okay. I like you a lot Bia and appreciate all of your contributions to the community here but, no, McCoy will not be the SOD here in Anarchy 5. That most definitely would be my selection of J. Gordon at 7.03 (99.)

Booyah🏈🍺💥

In case people didn't get the memo, I will be reducing the draft timer from 8 hours to 6 hours. We have to up the speed of the draft to get done by opening day (9/5).
Three consecutive time-outs by the same drafter is probably grounds for setting that one to autopick.

Might move things along as much as a timer reduction.

I'm not confident we'll be done on time. Still, we've got till what?, 7:00pm on Thurs?
It would take an act of congress to finish on time. Let’s see how far we can get. The first question will be what to do with players in the Thursday night game. We would still have two more days to draft after the Thursday game until the Sunday schedule kicks in. 

It would take an act of congress to finish on time. Let’s see how far we can get. The first question will be what to do with players in the Thursday night game. We would still have two more days to draft after the Thursday game until the Sunday schedule kicks in. 
Hah, Congress, good one. I've no faith Congress can get anything passed until the 🍊 idiot is gone. Let's leave it at that. Peace and enjoy your holiday David❣

In addition, I've no confidence whatsoever that J. Gordon will do anything but squat this year. 
If we set his production at over / under last year’s total, I would take the over.  But I wouldn’t be expecting much more than that. I certainly hope I am wrong. I think he plays 12 games. 

If we set his production at over / under last year’s total, I would take the over.  But I wouldn’t be expecting much more than that. I certainly hope I am wrong. I think he plays 12 games. 
No confidence but high hope's. Sorry, no pun intended. 

Fine. I put him on auto pick. The system picked from a draft list not ADP, so who knows what players are on the list and when he will get an illegal roster. 
I suppose another alternative would be to have someone else take over the team?

Who keeps timing out?

On a side note I wonder what @Stinkin Ref would have done if McCoy and Singletary were still available to him after KC signed him?

I’d like to take some credit for milking the clock or whatever and doing something dazzling with the McCoy/Singletary thing but it really was just happen stance for me.....life got in the way and I am in so many leagues this is one where I hadn’t set up notifications yet and I just happen to check in after the news went down...so yeah it might have worked in my favor but it wasn’t an an intentional “stall” type of thing...to be honest I cant recall ever having done that in any of these for the past 15 years or whatever even if it would have been to my advantage...I’m not even sure if it will play out that I got “lucky” but it wasn’t a strategic plan....but if it works out, I’ll add it to my resume and make it part of my game I didn’t even know I had...

Apologies if my insulation was incorrect. I guess it just seemed that way as a long delay as news of cuts were being announced. 

I was more interested in your viewpoint about the Chiefs adding McCoy.

In a world where you could make this decision again with what we know now, who would you pick?

I’d like to take some credit for milking the clock or whatever and doing something dazzling with the McCoy/Singletary thing but it really was just happen stance for me.....life got in the way and I am in so many leagues this is one where I hadn’t set up notifications yet and I just happen to check in after the news went down...so yeah it might have worked in my favor but it wasn’t an an intentional “stall” type of thing...to be honest I cant recall ever having done that in any of these for the past 15 years or whatever even if it would have been to my advantage...I’m not even sure if it will play out that I got “lucky” but it wasn’t a strategic plan....but if it works out, I’ll add it to my resume and make it part of my game I didn’t even know I had...
I was butthurt after this pick as the next pick behind you. I hope this line in your resume will state "stole pick from Pigskin Fanatic and won the league." can i :ptts: at myself? :kicksrock:

still 3 full rounds to go.
We should be able to through most of Round 16 today and most of Round 17 tomorrow. That leaves the final round. There still needs to be 5 TMQB's and 13 DEF taken, as well as 9 PK's. That's 27 of the remaining 51 picks. Across all 7 Anarchy Leagues, there are only 7 remaining players from CHI and GB hat were drafted in any of the leagues . . . and one of them got put on IR. They aren't huge names and it's doubtful they will have much of an impact at this stage anyway. I am inclined to just let people draft without any stipulations, but let's see how far we get by tomorrow night and who else is a consideration to be picked from those teams.

Irv Smith for my flex. :unsure:

I only have QB left to take and those picks are in.

This is the only draft I did from the middle and I certainly had my chances to take QB earlier, which it was my plan and executed in the other leagues to get QB by pick 100 but I just didn't like who was there for me then and kept passing until there were not any left that I actually want.

I could have taken one instead of a WR and likely should have, but I didn't.

Irv Smith for my flex. :unsure:

I only have QB left to take and those picks are in.

This is the only draft I did from the middle and I certainly had my chances to take QB earlier, which it was my plan and executed in the other leagues to get QB by pick 100 but I just didn't like who was there for me then and kept passing until there were not any left that I actually want.

I could have taken one instead of a WR and likely should have, but I didn't.
IMO, at least for the current QB landscape, it was worth contemplating the top tier of QB's from likely playoff teams. Then it was a pass for me. Then there was a middle of the draft tier that I felt merited consideration if someone fell that should have. Once it got to the point where the choices seemed all pretty similar, it was time to punt the position and just wait until near the end of the draft. As I mentioned in the ABLC thread, unless there is a team that is absolutely putrid and / or there is a team with major injuries, even the worst TMQB's usually score 200-250 points . . . many times significantly more than that.

I looked up how the last 3 TMQB's off the board ended up doing in all the League 1 drafts since 2010. Here's what each team ended up scoring.

2018: 365-266-278
2017: 254-341-277
2016: 281-321-197
2015: 171-325-308
2014: 249-230-247
2013: 267-202-272
2012: 226-219-257
2011: 285-266-314
2010: 266-231-184

A lot of those teams ended up ranking 10 or 15 spots better than where they were drafted. That's the definition of a good pick in the last round or two. Sure, there were some clunkers in there, but I would still rather fish for production higher in the draft at other positions. Those picks I just listed averaged 262 points. I certainly could live with that for a pick in the 280's.

IMO, at least for the current QB landscape, it was worth contemplating the top tier of QB's from likely playoff teams. Then it was a pass for me. Then there was a middle of the draft tier that I felt merited consideration if someone fell that should have. Once it got to the point where the choices seemed all pretty similar, it was time to punt the position and just wait until near the end of the draft. As I mentioned in the ABLC thread, unless there is a team that is absolutely putrid and / or there is a team with major injuries, even the worst TMQB's usually score 200-250 points . . . many times significantly more than that.

I looked up how the last 3 TMQB's off the board ended up doing in all the League 1 drafts since 2010. Here's what each team ended up scoring.

2018: 365-266-278
2017: 254-341-277
2016: 281-321-197
2015: 171-325-308
2014: 249-230-247
2013: 267-202-272
2012: 226-219-257
2011: 285-266-314
2010: 266-231-184

A lot of those teams ended up ranking 10 or 15 spots better than where they were drafted. That's the definition of a good pick in the last round or two. Sure, there were some clunkers in there, but I would still rather fish for production higher in the draft at other positions. Those picks I just listed averaged 262 points. I certainly could live with that for a pick in the 280's.
Yeah I do not think the WR I drafted around pick 100 will make up the difference between these bottom feeder QB compared to some better QB I could have selected instead.

That is why I drafted the QB in the other drafts.

But as an experiment will see how this goes.

Brees went early is the first thing that caused me to wait. Then Lamar Jackson. I kept thinking, well there are still 10 guys I like left, then well there are still 4 guys I like left until there were not any left.

The key to this working out would be if one of these last QB actually ends up producing like a middle of the pack QB I could have taken earlier. I am not optimistic and if one does it will be pure luck. 

Season's already underway so I doubt anyone will spend a lot of time reading this, but what the hell. Here's the thoughts I captured during the draft:

1.12 - George Kittle, TE3 SF (2018: TE3)
After Kelce and Ertz went 4 and 6 overall, I wasn't expecting Kittle to fall to 12. There's a case to be made that they should go 1-2-3 in this format. Young, uber-athletic, in a pass-friendly offense, and gets a significant QB upgrade. Moderate playoff potential.

2.05 - Mike Evans, WR9 TB (2018: WR12)
Had Crippler taken Evans and left me deciding between head-case Brown and injury mystery Gurley, my draft could have gone far differently. Fortunately, I didn't have to make that choice. I'll sacrifice playoff points for a perennial WR1 with monster upside in a huck-it chuck-it system. Low playoff potential.

3.12 - Amari Cooper, WR18 DAL (2018: WR16)
My first share of Cooper anywhere; his WR13 ADP is too rich for my blood in season-long. But in a draft-and-done format, on a likely contender, at a WR18 price tag, he was my third straight no-brainer pick. High playoff potential.

4.05 - Texans (Deshaun Watson), TMQB2 HOU (2018: QB8)
I expected QBs to fall in these drafts as they've done everywhere else this year but ... even in 2019's other Anarchies, an average of 5.8 other QBs went off the board prior to this pick. So I wasn't expecting the consensus QB2 on a team that just lost its best non-Watson option for yards and TDs to fall into my lap at 53 overall. Four straight no-brainers! High playoff potential.

5.12 - Alshon Jeffery, WR29 PHI (2018: WR21)
I expected more of a WR run after my Cooper selection, but RBs drafted have still (bafflingly IMO) outnumbered WRs to this stage, leaving precious little value. Instead, another WR1 on a high-octane offense who's slipped well past ADP. Yes, Jeffery's health is a constant question, but when he plays he's among the near-elite. High playoff potential.

6.05 - Mark Andrews, TE14 BAL (2018: TE17)
Resisted the siren call of Josh Gordon, beautiful though the music sounded. As a raw rookie starting out 2018 as the third-string TE on an utterly dysfunctional offense, Andrews still finished TE17. All reports are that he's been dominant in camp and I expect Jackson to spend a lot of time looking for his trusted short-range target. 1,000 yards is not out of the question, IMO. Moderate playoff potential.

7.12 - Latavius Murray, RB35 NO (2018: RB33)
The positional tides have finally turned, as expected: 11 WRs off the board since my last pick and only 2 RBs. I'll kick off my RB corps with Murray, going 40+ picks behind 2018 Mark Ingram despite being signed to play a similar role and, oh, *not* facing a 4-game suspension. This may be Brees' last hurrah and I expect Payton to spell Kamara with Murray liberally in-season as they chase a Lombardi. High playoff potential.

8.05 - Dante Pettis, WR45 SF (2018: WR76)
Welp, it's official: I own Pettis in every single league I've drafted in the past month. I just can't see how a young 2nd-round wideout with great ball skills, in a Shanahan offense with an average-at-worst QB, with little meaningful competition, should be going as a WR4/5. I strongly believe he'll finish among the top 30 if healthy. Low playoff potential.

9.12 - Rashaad Penny, RB42 SEA (2018: RB58)
I'm obviously light at RB - not a death knell in this format, but nor do I want a stable full of pure handcuffs. Carson could be the next Alex Collins - I don't think so, but he could - and Seattle's O should be competent at worst as long as RW3 is out there. Moderate playoff potential.

10.05 - Wil Lutz, PK2 NO (2018: PK1)
The top PKs average about 45-55 points more than mid-tier guys with relatively little variance. That makes Lutz worth a mid-rounder, more so as the Saints are my pick for NFC champ. Butker was the other option, but last year showed that a too-efficient offense can actually hinder kicker scoring (he finished PK6 to Lutz' PK1). Very high playoff potential.

11.12 - Justice Hill, RB48 BAL (2018: n/a)
One of my highest-owned money-league players, he's a versatile chess piece with NFL talent both between the tackles and in space. Much as with Kamara under Payton, I expect Harbaugh to realize what he has early on and scheme the ball into his hands. I'm also (relatively) very bullish on the Ravens' offense this year. Moderate playoff potential.

12.05 - Cameron Brate, TE29 TB (2018: TE23)
Taking stock: Still need one of each position except for 2 DSTs (on which I plan to wait), plus a flex. Basically, I can just go BPA here. Even 3 catches a game from Brate would yield ~160 points, more than I can reasonably expect from any RB/WR still on the board, with upside based on Howard's track record suggesting he'll miss time at some point. Low playoff potential.

13.12 - Mason Crosby, PK13 GB (2018: PK8)
Probably the last kicker on the board with both job security and better-than-average playoff opportunity.

14.05 - Carlos Hyde, RB57 HOU (2018: RB46)
I'm a big Duke Johnson fan, but his career high in touches is 186; I doubt he's going to suddenly make it 300. Hyde will likely be limited to short-yardage and GL work but - in a league where the Mike Alstott Memorial stat line of 1/1/1 scores more than 11/44/0//3/15/0 - that matters. High playoff potential.

15.12 - Panthers, DST19 CAR (2018: DST27)
Much worse than expected last year. Spent nearly all of their FA and draft capital upgrading their defense. Should be much better than expected this year. Moderate playoff potential.

16.05 - Parris Campbell, WR79 IND (2018: n/a)
His talent, situation, health, offense, QB, all can be summed up in one emoji: :shrug:  In other words, both ceiling and floor are almost unlimited, making him a perfect last skill-position pick in draft-and-done. Low playoff potential.

17.12 - Bengals (Andy Dalton), QB30 CIN (2018: QB20)
I nearly pulled the trigger on him in the 15th. Alone among the bottom quartile of QBs, he has a former QB coach at HC, Pro Bowl-caliber talents at RB/WR, and a truly atrocious defense. Taylor won't turn Dalton into Goff, but a mid-pack finish seems well within the range of outcomes. Low playoff probability.

18.05 - Cardinals, DST30 ARI (2018: DST27)
The importance of getting 400+ guaranteed points from the last two picks in the draft is tough to overstate. Playoffs? Playoffs?

I really loved my draft up until about the halfway point. Even now I'm not sure why I switched away from my original plan of waiting on RB and targeting high upside to grabbing falling "value" at RB and focusing more on floor than on ceiling. This squad would be a damn tough out in a Survivor league, but in Anarchy you need a couple of big breakouts from mid- / late-rounders to have a real shot at a title and my team offers very little chance of that. Looking forward to what seems to me like an inevitable 5th-place finish.

Best of luck to all this season.  :banned:

Yeah I do not think the WR I drafted around pick 100 will make up the difference between these bottom feeder QB compared to some better QB I could have selected instead.

That is why I drafted the QB in the other drafts.

But as an experiment will see how this goes.

Brees went early is the first thing that caused me to wait. Then Lamar Jackson. I kept thinking, well there are still 10 guys I like left, then well there are still 4 guys I like left until there were not any left.

The key to this working out would be if one of these last QB actually ends up producing like a middle of the pack QB I could have taken earlier. I am not optimistic and if one does it will be pure luck. 
And as usual what week one shows me is that I do not know much.

Two bottom picks at QB both finish in the top 10 week one.

Users who are viewing this thread