What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

100 best by player number (1 Viewer)

I don't know the numbers enough to argue so looks good to me.   Pretty cool mix of old and modern day players.

https://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery/sports/nfl/2019/08/19/nfl-100-greatest-players-ever-jersey-number/1495095001/

Like most lists there are a few that could be in question.  But still an interesting list.
That was great & thank you USA Today for making a scroll post. Great memories, that photo of Youngblood (#85) is surreal.

They got #43 right but I was hoping it would be Larry Brown. I don’t even like the Redskins but was enamored with his story when I was little - so much so that I wore his number for nine seasons playing....baseball. Also played DB but this guy ran over me one Friday night & I got introduced to smelling salts.

Last edited by a moderator:
As is the nature of this kind of list, we can certainly agree to disagree.  Jones is responsible for the creation of the "sack" statistic as well as it's name.  Greene, IMO, was the most overrated member of the Steel Curtain.
Two great nicknames. Gotta side the iconic Coke commercial & SB era if we’re talking celebrity or fake. David if it’s on the field.

Munoz is a gold-chip player and I'm obviously biased, but yeah Bruce Smith was the pick here.  I occasionally go back and watch old Bills games, and it's amazing how many sacks Phil Hansen, Jeff Wright, Talley, Biscuit, etc. got simply because #78 was being triple-teamed.
Yeah, no bias on the other greats.  Brady>Jimbo,    Sweetness > Thurman,   Jim Brown > OJ,   maybe an argument for Andre Reed because I'm not the most familiar with #83 Ted Hendricks but his resume checks out, so toss up there.

The all-time sack leader has to be on this list over Anthony Munoz.  Don't think one Bill made the list.

That was great & thank you USA Today for making a scroll post. Great memories, that photo of Youngblood (#85) is surreal.

They got #43 right but I was hoping it would be Larry Brown. I don’t even like the Redskins but was enamored with his story when I was little - so much so that I wore his number for nine seasons playing....baseball. Also played DB but this guy ran over me one Friday night & I got introduced to smelling salts.
I have two Larry Brown  posters hanging up even now, one he is wearing the “R” helmet.

JamesonSkittles said:
99-  will soon be Aaron Donald
So funny that you posted this as I’ve been thinking about Donald in light of my Joe Greene posts. Greene was more physically imposing but they play the game similarly. The ####-eyed stance was innovated by Greene and Donald uses it to perfection. Both are incredibly quick and powerful and smart.

Users who are viewing this thread