What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The ***OFFICIAL*** 2019 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread (3 Viewers)

He still throws to many "tosses" to a general area that are 5 yards off the mark.  When he steps into the throw and then rips it and zips it its so much better.

He could have had 3 of 4 ints pretty easy tonight.
Remember that Miami made Lamar Jackson look like Peyton Manning in the first game of the year. And that was with Minkah in the secondary. With a decent secondary, that TD to Johnson doesn't happen.  He's definitely a work in progress.

Remember that Miami made Lamar Jackson look like Peyton Manning in the first game of the year. And that was with Minkah in the secondary. With a decent secondary, that TD to Johnson doesn't happen.  He's definitely a work in progress.
Agreed he has a lot of growing to do  but he did come around in the second half somewhat.  He also got screwed by the refs on the offensive PI call and Washington bounced a catchable ball into a Dolphin defender for the pick.

Big game next week vs. the Colts.  

If we can win and the Ravens lose to the Patriots, we are one game out of the lead in the division.  

After the Colts and Rams the next two weeks, the schedule gets decidedly easier.   Split the next two (or sweep) and I feel like this team is in the mix.  Lose them both and it's likely shut the door.

Ok, Colts. I think if Conner is healthy enough to go, and Samuels is back, and our D can get 2 turnovers, we win the game. If we can keep the pressure on Brissett then we'll have a great shot and with a Ravens loss to NE that would bring us 1 step closer. 

Any injury updates or speculation on Connor and Snell?
Tomlin only said that both were having MRIs and would likely have little participation in practice early in the week.  He did say that he would be more comfortable playing Conner if he misses some practice time than Snell due to familiarity with the offense.

Samuels is ready to go though so there was some good news.

He still throws to many "tosses" to a general area that are 5 yards off the mark.  When he steps into the throw and then rips it and zips it its so much better.

He could have had 3 of 4 ints pretty easy tonight.
I was pretty frustrated during the game, but remembering that he has been off for several weeks, makes me hope some of the inaccurate throws were rust. 

belljr said:
Meh it was 2 weeks.

I just don't see him have "it"
I only saw „highlights“ of the game, but is it maybe more „deer in headlights“ (aka Blake Bortles) than him not being able to make those throws?

Nick Farabaugh‏ @FarabaughFB 14 hours ago

Per PFF, CB Steven Nelson is leading the league averaging only .64 yards per coverage snap allowed, and opposing quarterbacks are completing under 50% of their passes when targeting him.
Tomlin and Colbert took a lot of flack for the trades and FA they signed.   The defense is playing really well, it sucks that they lost Tuitt but lets hope they can keep it up!

He may not be the heir apparent to Ben but I thought there was some good things in Rudolph's performance (along with obviously bad things).

The good: he stood in the pocket well and didn't seem phased by the rush, he took some shots to deliver passes that were on target.  He threw some nice passes that were on time (mostly on comeback type routes or deep balls down the sideline).

The bad:  constantly throwing behind WR on crossing patterns.  He underthrew JuJu early in the game on a deep ball that would have been a TD.  He overthrew Dionte Johnson late in the game which would have been a long TD.  So this has me questioning his accuracy.

Hopefully he can build on this performance and become a bit more consistent with his throws.  

Godsbrother said:
Tomlin only said that both were having MRIs and would likely have little participation in practice early in the week.  He did say that he would be more comfortable playing Conner if he misses some practice time than Snell due to familiarity with the offense.

Samuels is ready to go though so there was some good news.
What are your thoughts on Samuels if Conner can't go?   

What are your thoughts on Samuels if Conner can't go?   
I like Samuels quite a bit.  He has done well in the past when Conner was injured and is a decent receiver as well.  My main concern is that Conner said last night on local sports radio that he think's he'll be ready to go but it is up to the trainers so I could see him being a GTD.

He may not be the heir apparent to Ben but I thought there was some good things in Rudolph's performance (along with obviously bad things).

The good: he stood in the pocket well and didn't seem phased by the rush, he took some shots to deliver passes that were on target.  He threw some nice passes that were on time (mostly on comeback type routes or deep balls down the sideline).

The bad:  constantly throwing behind WR on crossing patterns.  He underthrew JuJu early in the game on a deep ball that would have been a TD.  He overthrew Dionte Johnson late in the game which would have been a long TD.  So this has me questioning his accuracy.

Hopefully he can build on this performance and become a bit more consistent with his throws.  
This was exactly what I saw.  Frustrating.  He did seem better in the 2nd half on a few passes that led JuJu perfectly.

Leeroy Jenkins said:
Saved their waiver claim for Josh Gordon?
I think the Steelers are rather enjoying this season of no drama.  Not sure I see them wanting to open up a new can of worms

If Conner is out, is Samuels lock RB2 with RB1 upside? Have not really seen him play, so not sure of his profile (run only, run/pass value, or more of a 3rd down back?)

Figure if the locals don't know, who does?
I see that Conner did not practice and is listed as Doubtful so Samuels is going to get an overwhelming bulk of the snaps.  How well he does really depends on how the Steelers run blocking matches up against the Colts front 7 and I really don't know to say.   Samuels is a pretty decent receiver and stays in on passing plays so that is a bonus.  

I have Samuels but can only start two RBs and don't think I can start him over Jacobs and Montgomery but I am tempted

Steelers injuries:  Snell & Foster out, Conner doubtful,  Nix questionable.

The GOOD news:  WR Ty Hilton is OUT and CB Pierre Desir is doubtful. 

Steelers injuries:  Snell & Foster out, Conner doubtful,  Nix questionable.

The GOOD news:  WR Ty Hilton is OUT and CB Pierre Desir is doubtful. 
This could be a low scoring scrappy affair. It could come down to a game winning field goal, hopefully we're on the right side of it. 

Rock Ya-Sin has allowed  19-of-29 passing for 317 yards and two touchdowns in his coverage this year. for a  125.2 QB Rating 

Kenny Moore has allowed a 74.2 percent catch-rate.

Per Fantasypros

Last edited by a moderator:
If Conner is out, is Samuels lock RB2 with RB1 upside? Have not really seen him play, so not sure of his profile (run only, run/pass value, or more of a 3rd down back?)

Figure if the locals don't know, who does?
I would say RB2 with RB1 upside. He is a good receiver so worth more in PPR I would think.

I am projecting 16-67 rushing and 5-31 receiving....so around 10 in standard and 15 in PPR. I don't know that I am confident he will score a TD.

I would say RB3 with RB2 upside. He is a good receiver so worth more in PPR I would think.

I am projecting 16-67 rushing and 5-31 receiving....so around 10 in standard and 15 in PPR. I don't know that I am confident he will score a TD.
15 in ppr is not rb3. You are describing rb 2 and with 1 td rb1 

Really good win against the Colts.  Helps that the laces were in on that game winning FG attempt.  4 straight wins and finally beating a winning team is a good sign.  Not really a good sign that we can talk playoffs but at least we are just handing a top 5 pick to the Dolphins next year.  Although even if that happened maybe it is worth to have a stud like MInkah Fitzpatrick out there.  

Although even if that happened maybe it is worth to have a stud like MInkah Fitzpatrick out there.  
While i wouldn't want to debate if it's worth a top 5 pick, it IS nice to have a guy in the defensive backfield who can actually take the ball away.  They haven't had that since, like, Woodson.  I'd almost forgotten what it feels like.

While i wouldn't want to debate if it's worth a top 5 pick, it IS nice to have a guy in the defensive backfield who can actually take the ball away.  They haven't had that since, like, Woodson.  I'd almost forgotten what it feels like.
Didn't Polamalu have pretty good hands?

I’m not sure how you could think Minkah was not worth it.

High first round talent with no risk and immediate payoff.   
Totally agree.  He's our 2020 first round pick, we get his services for this year, he's a stud already so we know the pick isn't a bust, and he's on an affordable contract for many more years.  I originally thought the pick the Steelers gave to the Dolphins would have to be 11th or greater to make the trade worth while, but now I don't care about that.  Minkah is a stud and I'm glad he's part of the team.

Totally agree.  He's our 2020 first round pick, we get his services for this year, he's a stud already so we know the pick isn't a bust, and he's on an affordable contract for many more years.  I originally thought the pick the Steelers gave to the Dolphins would have to be 11th or greater to make the trade worth while, but now I don't care about that.  Minkah is a stud and I'm glad he's part of the team.
Completely agree.  I questioned the move at the time (mainly because I thought they were gambling on Rudolph being the real deal) but I was dead wrong.  The guy is a complete stud and a ball hawk.  Refreshing to have that on our team for a change.  Can you imagine this defense with Tuitt and Shazier?   :sadbanana:

Users who are viewing this thread