Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Godsbrother

The ***OFFICIAL*** 2019 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

I expect that we'll get Miami's very best effort.  The Dolphin players have been savoring this chance to win a game against a beatable opponent on a national stage.  It would provide a reprieve from the tanking jokes (at least for a little while).  Steelers better not be looking past the Dolphins.

All that being considered, I think Diontae Johnson makes a name for himself tonight.

• Like 3

I don't think the Steelers are losing but if I was close to a sports book I would definitely take the Dolphins and the points.   We generally haven't had that one or two games where they play down to the level of their opponent.  Mostly because they have been the dogs.  Not the case tonight.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Idiot Boxer said:

Monday Night.  At Home.  Following a bye.  In their color rush uniforms.  Against Miami.

Pretty much everything going for us.  This had better be a decisive victory.

Get the lead and make the clock run.  Expect good things for Conner, but Rudolph still doesn’t throw downfield.  Defense playing well.  Going with under.  

This game isn't over.

But Tomlins tenure sure the #### should be.

Just now, King of the Jungle said:

Not sure how Rudolph had so many yards in college. He is not good and throws an ugly wobbly ball.

He is scared out there.  It's all in his head.

Nice recovery by Rudolph and the offense. Time to cut Moncrief for Eli Rogers. 

this defense is really good. Too bad tuitt got hurt and the refs screwed us against Baltimore. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

Rudolph looked a lot better in the 2nd half, but more for the fantasy stock of his WRs than Pittsburgh winning games. 

He still throws to many "tosses" to a general area that are 5 yards off the mark.  When he steps into the throw and then rips it and zips it its so much better.

He could have had 3 of 4 ints pretty easy tonight.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Choke said:

He still throws to many "tosses" to a general area that are 5 yards off the mark.  When he steps into the throw and then rips it and zips it its so much better.

Yeah I wish he would just step into the throws.  How many times was he throwing off his back foot tonight?  I mean I guess we need to cut him a little slack - it's his 3rd start in the NFL and coming off a concussion?  But I don't get the vibe that this guy is the future.  Regardless, the defense is awesome and I'm coming around on that Minkah trade.  It's so refreshing to have a d back who can catch the damn ball!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

I'm coming around on that Minkah trade. 

:pickle:  :yes:  :yes:

Pittsburgh should be first in the damn division right now. :yes:

Currently its the 12th pick. If not for the job vs the Ravens it would be the 19th pick. 

Steelers could be in trouble at RB next week.  Conner’s arm in a sling, Snell left the game early and Samuels was inactive.  

7 hours ago, Choke said:

Remember that Miami made Lamar Jackson look like Peyton Manning in the first game of the year. And that was with Minkah in the secondary. With a decent secondary, that TD to Johnson doesn't happen.  He's definitely a work in progress.

1 hour ago, Godsbrother said:

Steelers could be in trouble at RB next week.  Conner’s arm in a sling, Snell left the game early and Samuels was inactive.  

sounds like there is a great chance Samuels will be back

11 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

Remember that Miami made Lamar Jackson look like Peyton Manning in the first game of the year. And that was with Minkah in the secondary. With a decent secondary, that TD to Johnson doesn't happen.  He's definitely a work in progress.

Agreed he has a lot of growing to do  but he did come around in the second half somewhat.  He also got screwed by the refs on the offensive PI call and Washington bounced a catchable ball into a Dolphin defender for the pick.

5 minutes ago, JoeSteeler said:

sounds like there is a great chance Samuels will be back

definitely worth a WW pick up

Big game next week vs. the Colts.  

If we can win and the Ravens lose to the Patriots, we are one game out of the lead in the division.  

After the Colts and Rams the next two weeks, the schedule gets decidedly easier.   Split the next two (or sweep) and I feel like this team is in the mix.  Lose them both and it's likely shut the door.

Ok, Colts. I think if Conner is healthy enough to go, and Samuels is back, and our D can get 2 turnovers, we win the game. If we can keep the pressure on Brissett then we'll have a great shot and with a Ravens loss to NE that would bring us 1 step closer. 

Any injury updates or speculation on Connor and Snell?

14 minutes ago, xenon said:

Any injury updates or speculation on Connor and Snell?

Tomlin only said that both were having MRIs and would likely have little participation in practice early in the week.  He did say that he would be more comfortable playing Conner if he misses some practice time than Snell due to familiarity with the offense.

Samuels is ready to go though so there was some good news.

So... Jamal Adams is gone from the Jets in the off-season.  The 6th overall pick in 2017.
He has 2 more years (one as the 5th year option) remaining at 3.5m and 7.5m.

:brush:

What do we need to draft on this team exactly?  A possible OLB and a TE?

20 hours ago, Choke said:

I was pretty frustrated during the game, but remembering that he has been off for several weeks, makes me hope some of the inaccurate throws were rust. 

12 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

I was pretty frustrated during the game, but remembering that he has been off for several weeks, makes me hope some of the inaccurate throws were rust. 

Meh it was 2 weeks.

I just don't see him have "it"

6 hours ago, belljr said:

Meh it was 2 weeks.

I only saw „highlights“ of the game, but is it maybe more „deer in headlights“ (aka Blake Bortles) than him not being able to make those throws?

Nick Farabaugh‏ @FarabaughFB 14 hours ago

Per PFF, CB Steven Nelson is leading the league averaging only .64 yards per coverage snap allowed, and opposing quarterbacks are completing under 50% of their passes when targeting him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Choke said:

Nick Farabaugh‏ @FarabaughFB 14 hours ago

Per PFF, CB Steven Nelson is leading the league averaging only .64 yards per coverage snap allowed, and opposing quarterbacks are completing under 50% of their passes when targeting him.

Tomlin and Colbert took a lot of flack for the trades and FA they signed.   The defense is playing really well, it sucks that they lost Tuitt but lets hope they can keep it up!

12 hours ago, belljr said:

Meh it was 2 weeks.

I am nowhere near close to saying that after 3 career starts and it's not like they have a legitimate starter sitting on the bench.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, belljr said:

Meh it was 2 weeks.

waaayyy too early for that IMO

1 hour ago, JoeSteeler said:

waaayyy too early for that IMO

True, but he def needs to learn to lead receivers instead of throwing it to where they are at time of release. Lots of WRs were reaching back for the ball on Monday. 

• Like 1

He may not be the heir apparent to Ben but I thought there was some good things in Rudolph's performance (along with obviously bad things).

The good: he stood in the pocket well and didn't seem phased by the rush, he took some shots to deliver passes that were on target.  He threw some nice passes that were on time (mostly on comeback type routes or deep balls down the sideline).

The bad:  constantly throwing behind WR on crossing patterns.  He underthrew JuJu early in the game on a deep ball that would have been a TD.  He overthrew Dionte Johnson late in the game which would have been a long TD.  So this has me questioning his accuracy.

Hopefully he can build on this performance and become a bit more consistent with his throws.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

Tomlin only said that both were having MRIs and would likely have little participation in practice early in the week.  He did say that he would be more comfortable playing Conner if he misses some practice time than Snell due to familiarity with the offense.

Samuels is ready to go though so there was some good news.

What are your thoughts on Samuels if Conner can't go?   

2 minutes ago, kodycutter said:

I like Samuels quite a bit.  He has done well in the past when Conner was injured and is a decent receiver as well.  My main concern is that Conner said last night on local sports radio that he think's he'll be ready to go but it is up to the trainers so I could see him being a GTD.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, apalmer said:

Former Pitt RB Darrin Hall signed to practice squad. No word on John Oates.

Don't know much about him except that he is a maneater.

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

2 hours ago, kodycutter said:

Answer = Trey Edmunds. 

44 minutes ago, Casting Couch said:

Answer = Trey Edmunds. 

What?  If Conner can't go Samuels should get most of the carries.  Edmunds will be used to spell Samuels and that's it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steeler said:

He may not be the heir apparent to Ben but I thought there was some good things in Rudolph's performance (along with obviously bad things).

The good: he stood in the pocket well and didn't seem phased by the rush, he took some shots to deliver passes that were on target.  He threw some nice passes that were on time (mostly on comeback type routes or deep balls down the sideline).

The bad:  constantly throwing behind WR on crossing patterns.  He underthrew JuJu early in the game on a deep ball that would have been a TD.  He overthrew Dionte Johnson late in the game which would have been a long TD.  So this has me questioning his accuracy.

Hopefully he can build on this performance and become a bit more consistent with his throws.  

This was exactly what I saw.  Frustrating.  He did seem better in the 2nd half on a few passes that led JuJu perfectly.

Did anyone notice any good/bad about Isiah Buggs out-there? He played 13 snaps.

16 hours ago, Choke said:

Did anyone notice any good/bad about Isiah Buggs out-there? He played 13 snaps.

I saw him come in and crush another defender as the RB was being tackled, but that's the only time I noticed him in action. 

55 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Saved their waiver claim for Josh Gordon?

I think the Steelers are rather enjoying this season of no drama.  Not sure I see them wanting to open up a new can of worms