Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Godsbrother

The ***OFFICIAL*** 2019 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

Chubb is a beast and worries me far more than anyone else on that offense.

Their O-line is pretty terrible though. If we can get pressure then we might be ok. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, steelers1080 said:

Their O-line is pretty terrible though. If we can get pressure then we might be ok. 

Agreed.  I am hoping that Kitchens doesn't suddenly wake up and figure out they are a better running team than passing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game prediction: The Steelers win the toss and defer. Bos is told to not put it through the endzone even though our coverage usually sucks and the Browns start with good field position. Odell has a big play on the first drive and Chubb has some good runs and the Browns go up 7-0. The Steelers get the ball and go 3 and out with two runs and a mediocre, incomplete pass. The Browns get the ball back and are moving until there's another Minkah-related turnover and the Steelers are left with good field position. We score a TD, probably on a James Conner run or a James Washington pass, it's going to be a good game for James'.

The halftime score ends up being 17-10 Steelers. The second half plays out as you'd expect. Probably another safety on Rudolph at some point, maybe a defensive TD caused by Miles Garrett. The Steelers D gets 2 more turnovers off Baker and Co. for 3 total. And the Steelers have the ball, up 7 or less with 5 minutes left. We're driving but then there's a set of downs where we run it into the line 3 times in a row for minimal gain and have to punt. The Browns are within 1 score with probably 3 minutes left at this point, and begin their drive. Some big play happens and it feels like all hope is lost, maybe a 30+ yard catch by OBJ or a run by Chubb. Then TJ Watt gets pressure on Baker and Minkah seals another game. 

Minkah vaults into DPOY and MVP conversations after dominating in prime time and the Steelers are 6-4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snell and Switzer officially out.  Haden did not practice due to illness.  Officially listed as Questionable for tomorrow night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

Snell and Switzer officially out.  Haden did not practice due to illness.  Officially listed as Questionable for tomorrow night

yikes Haden out will hurt big time! Any word on what his illness is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JoeSteeler said:

yikes Haden out will hurt big time! Any word on what his illness is?

No idea.  I'm guessing he has something like a cold or stomach flu and the Steelers asked him to stay home as a precaution.  Since he missed practice the Steelers must list him as questionable (there is no probable anymore).   I bet he will play tonight but I have nothing to base that on.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Steelers fans you got what you wanted:   Ryan Switzer has been placed on IR.    Unfortunately so has Rosie Nix. :sadbanana:

WR Tevin Jones and LB Jayrone Elliot signed to the 53 man roster.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

Well Steelers fans you got what you wanted:   Ryan Switzer has been placed on IR.    Unfortunately so has Rosie Nix. :sadbanana:

WR Tevin Jones and LB Jayrone Elliot signed to the 53 man roster.

 

 

What are we missing that they like Elliot now instead of Skipper who made the initial 53 man?  He is there for the taking off Giants practice squad. 
 

And why not promote Sutton Smith who can play fullback?  No Nix hurts. 
 

and what about Eli Rogers?

 

I shouldn’t question though. The moves made so far all have paid off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

What are we missing that they like Elliot now instead of Skipper who made the initial 53 man?  He is there for the taking off Giants practice squad. 
 

And why not promote Sutton Smith who can play fullback?  No Nix hurts. 
 

and what about Eli Rogers?

 

I shouldn’t question though. The moves made so far all have paid off. 

I'm not sure what the deal is with Smith -- I assume he just isn't ready or maybe they don't feel he is needed tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

Well Steelers fans you got what you wanted:   Ryan Switzer has been placed on IR.    Unfortunately so has Rosie Nix. :sadbanana:

WR Tevin Jones and LB Jayrone Elliot signed to the 53 man roster.

 

 

Nix to IR really hurts Conner IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

I'm not sure what the deal is with Smith -- I assume he just isn't ready or maybe they don't feel he is needed tonight.

They just resigned him back to practice squad ...after releasing him last week.

Not sure if that makes a difference

Edited by belljr
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are plenty of excuses for Mason Rudolph given the injuries and offensive line but he just looks so awful.  I can't recall a starting QB for the Steelers who looked this bad.  

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well whatever fantasy people had for sneaking into the playoffs as a #6 should be gone after tonight.  Expecting 9 wins is enough is going to be hard.  But I can see them going 8-8 which given the mess this team was a month and half ago I will more than accept it.  

 Rudolph is okay but he is definitely not the future.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew Rudolph the red nose was not good. Had no idea he is this not good. Sorry, Stiller frens. I am sure you will find a promising rookie QB next draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hammerva said:

Well whatever fantasy people had for sneaking into the playoffs as a #6 should be gone after tonight.  Expecting 9 wins is enough is going to be hard.  But I can see them going 8-8 which given the mess this team was a month and half ago I will more than accept it.  

 Rudolph is okay but he is definitely not the future.  

In all seriousness, how can you even say that "Rudolph is okay"?  He looks to be below average in just about every single trait that you would judge a QB by.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

In all seriousness, how can you even say that "Rudolph is okay"?  He looks to be below average in just about every single trait that you would judge a QB by.  

He looks perfectly fine with a full roster of players with him.  I mean an "okay" QB beats the Rams and Colts.  An "okay" QB can lead you to 8-8.   An "okay" QB also looks like crap when the talent around him are more suited for the 4th preseason game.  An "okay" QB also would get slaughtered in the playoffs.  That is why he isn't the future

I know one trait I like.  He didn't take any #### from Garrett on that cheap shot

I would be stunned if Pouncey is playing the rest of the season.  His history is not on his side 

Edited by hammerva

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hammerva said:

He looks perfectly fine with a full roster of players with him.  I mean an "okay" QB beats the Rams and Colts.  An "okay" QB can lead you to 8-8.   An "okay" QB also looks like crap when the talent around him are more suited for the 4th preseason game.  An "okay" QB also would get slaughtered in the playoffs.  That is why he isn't the future

I know one trait I like.  He didn't take any #### from Garrett on that cheap shot

I would be stunned if Pouncey is playing the rest of the season.  His history is not on his side 

I hope Pouncey sees zero punishment. He was defending his QB, which is highly encouraged. Maybe a fine, so they can say he went too far, but a suspension for the rest of the season seems asinine, unless Garrett is banned for life, and Ogunjobi gets 6-plus games. I'd bet 2-4 games for Pouncey based on history though.

The people calling for Hodges are nuts. Other than Mahomes and Watson, 2 Franchise guys, I can't see any young QB doing much with poor pass blocking(didn't see that coming) and his top 3 weapons getting hurt. 

I've been mildly impressed by Rudolph this season, and while this game obviously sucked, he also had them on a nice winning streak before this week, and was avoiding turnovers. I think its still too early to make any judgement on Rudolph yet, especially after a game like this. I've seen a lot of young QB's, who turned out to be pretty good have games like this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you rather have Rudolph or Trubisky? 

At least Ben will theoretically be back next year. 

I think Rudolph looks bad from what we see, and really bad from what we can infer of what the coaches see.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rudolph gets 6 more games to show something.  He’s 4-3 and he might have beaten Baltimore.

The inaccurate throws are tough to take though.  He’s not getting anything on the ball and it’s behind way too much.  Looks like he’s late/afraid to step into it.  Then when he does he misses bad overthrowing.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

Would you rather have Rudolph or Trubisky? 

Rudolph easily. Trubisky has a near perfect situation for a QB, good line, good running game, diverse pass catchers with a true #1, and a defense that ensures you are never down multiple scores, and he still sucks, and has for almost 3 years. Rudolph has what 6 starts? He's been as good as Trubisky, despite not having Conner for half of them.

I'm not sure there are many NFL QB's I wouldn't take over Trubisky. He's single handedly costing his team a playoff spot. The Bears are a better team than the Packers or Vikings in my opinion, outside of the QB position. Give them even an average QB, and they are basically San Fran.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rudolph had an awful game, no doubt about that but the offensive line was atrocious and he had no weapons at the skill positions. it really had the feel of watching the second half of a preseason game.

As far as Garrett goes if he plays another down this season the NFL is a joke. I’ve never seen a player rip the helmet off a guy’s head and then hit him with it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rudolph is trash. At least we know it now. When Ben is done it’s clear they have to invest in a rookie QB. Wish they still had Dobbs, at least he could run around while throwing INT’s and checking down every play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry but this idea that if Hodges or even Dobbs was playing this game they would have won without their best RB and best WR and a shaky offensive line is extremely hard to swallow.  

 

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The veteran, multi-Pro Bowl, offensive line should be the strength of this team. They’re playing like garbage. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Blick said:

The veteran, multi-Pro Bowl, offensive line should be the strength of this team. They’re playing like garbage. 

They miss Munchak. They played below average before he was here, then were the best in the league, and now struggling again. 
 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all the injuries, Steelers need to:

1. Attend Kaepernick workout

2. Sign Eli Rogers who knows the offense and can work underneath. 
 

3. Sign CJ Anderson or Jay Adjai (sp?)

4  sign Skipper

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man the number of hot takes blaming Rudolph for starting this is something.  Granted he needs to explain why he was going after Garrett's helmet in the beginning but it is almost like they are trying anything to justify Garrett's actions.   all of this talk about Rudolph trying to kick him in the nuts is just silly.  He was trying to push him away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

With all the injuries, Steelers need to:

1. Attend Kaepernick workout

2. Sign Eli Rogers who knows the offense and can work underneath. 
 

3. Sign CJ Anderson or Jay Adjai (sp?)

4  sign Skipper

 

#2 and #3 depend on how severe the injuries sustained last night were.    As I said earlier it really felt like we had a preseason team out there in the second half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Steelers need to find another RB.  See what's out there now for the rest of the year, find a trade or draft one in early rounds for future.  Connor isn't the answer.  I think his talent is fine, he just can't stay on the field.  That's too bad.  If Ben is back next year, they need to sign a top tier WR.  Ben won't have much time left, gotta get weapons for him while we can. Do not find one in the draft (for that purpose). Draft one or two late.  Start the rebuild of the OL.  It's becoming embarrassing.  Defense won't need much other than an OLB.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Pouncey getting 3 games for kicking is ridiculous. 

Given his prior history I expected 4.  While nothing like Garrett his reputation has taken some shots as well

Edited by hammerva

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LawFitz said:

Why not sign Kaepernick, if his workout looks good?

well his workout should be good because he will be in shorts and a T shirt.   Unless he has completely lied to people and he looks like someone who has been eating chips all day long.  

If you sign him he is only going to be used for 3 or 4 weeks IF you decide to bench Hodges and Rudolph (I would like to keep both frankly).  He isn't going to be Ben's replacement.   Also the Steelers don't play a style fitting him.  Or at least any good if they have tried it. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LawFitz said:

Why not sign Kaepernick, if his workout looks good?

Reasons:

He hasn't played in 93 years. 

The Steelers have rid themselves of drama for the year, they aren't taking new applications yet.

Rudolph is fine for this year until Ben is back. His stats were fine up until last nights game.  

There are more.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Copeman said:

Rudolph is fine for this year

Rudolph is not fine for this year. His decision making and execution are terrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hammerva said:

well his workout should be good because he will be in shorts and a T shirt.   Unless he has completely lied to people and he looks like someone who has been eating chips all day long.  

If you sign him he is only going to be used for 3 or 4 weeks IF you decide to bench Hodges and Rudolph (I would like to keep both frankly).  He isn't going to be Ben's replacement.   Also the Steelers don't play a style fitting him.  Or at least any good if they have tried it. 

 

 

From what I saw last night, this team is going nowhere with Rudolph. It's a damn shame because I think their defense has elevated itself to NFL top 3, following the addition of magic Minkah. Hodges looks like a career backup to me, but I didn't watch him closely enough to have a good take, TBH.

My concern for the Steelers is that Big Ben was already talking retirement the last few years and now has a major throwing elbow injury, at what, 38 yrs old? Finding capable starting NFL QBs isn't easy. I'd like to see this team steal one (pun!) so that the prime of this defense isn't wasted. Maybe Kaep could be that guy. Why not kick the tires and then move into the offseason with a potential asset, or a complete restart at the position (assuming Ben is done)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, geneyus said:

Rudolph is not fine for this year. His decision making and execution are terrible. 

Who else are they going to find to come in for the last 6 games of the year that would do better?  Someone that's not on an NFL roster right now, someone to come in and learn the offense?  Who?  They don't need a game breaking QB, they need to find someone that can manage the game which he did well up until the last game(check his stats), while the defense keeps them in it.

Edited by Copeman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Copeman said:

Who else are they going to find to come in for the last 6 games of the year that would do better?  Someone that's not on an NFL roster right now, someone to come in and learn the offense?  Who?  They don't need a game breaking QB, they need to find someone that can manage the game which he did well up until the last game(check his stats), while the defense keeps them in it.

Why not see what Hodges can do? He held his own in his last start. Give him two games to see if prove himself. Mason has looked horrible at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, geneyus said:

Why not see what Hodges can do? He held his own in his last start. Give him two games to see if prove himself. Mason has looked horrible at times.

Hodges's aDOT was Pop Warner against the Chargers. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, geneyus said:

Why not see what Hodges can do? He held his own in his last start. Give him two games to see if prove himself. Mason has looked horrible at times.

I wouldn't be opposed to that. Two games isn't enough time to prove himself though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, geneyus said:

Why not see what Hodges can do?

The only thing Hodges has going for him is that he is not M. Rudolph :lol:  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Steeler said:

The only thing Hodges has going for him is that he is not M. Rudolph :lol:  

Isn't that enough? ;)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geneyus said:

Why not see what Hodges can do? He held his own in his last start. Give him two games to see if prove himself. Mason has looked horrible at times.

Rudolph had an over 90 passer rating and an almost 3-1 TD-INT ratio before last night, in which his top 3 weapons all got injured. It was Rudolph's 6th start, he's going to have some awful games, almost every young QB who isn't Mahomes does.  Hell, Roethlisberger still occasionally had those games.

Edited by travdogg
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.