Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Godsbrother

The ***OFFICIAL*** 2019 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

31 minutes ago, ATB said:

What’s your all’s opinions on Snell? Without Conner, they’ve been relying on Edmunds and Samuels, the latter of which has looked awful on the ground.

Think Snell steps into the lead role either this week or next?

I think he will - the Steelers clearly don't trust Samuels much or have confidence in him running the ball. Edmunds is awful and Tomlin couldn't wait to get him in there with Conner out, even on third down at some point (that Tony Brooks-James guy or whoever he is even got a couple of touches). I imagine Snell will be taking a large share of the carries moving forward and Samuels will get maybe a handful (and nothing more unless he breaks one), in addition to a few dump offs. 

1 hour ago, RushHour said:

I think he will - the Steelers clearly don't trust Samuels much or have confidence in him running the ball. Edmunds is awful and Tomlin couldn't wait to get him in there with Conner out, even on third down at some point (that Tony Brooks-James guy or whoever he is even got a couple of touches). I imagine Snell will be taking a large share of the carries moving forward and Samuels will get maybe a handful (and nothing more unless he breaks one), in addition to a few dump offs. 

Who would you bet on in full PPR? 

2 hours ago, ATB said:

Who would you bet on in full PPR? 

I have both and I am starting J. Samuels this week.  I think they could bring back the wildcat against Cincy (Samuels is the wildcat QB) and  Snell coming off the surgery may be given a smaller workload.  However, I do see the scenario where Snell could earn the majority of the carries while Conner is out but I don't think that starts this week.  The Steelers have a great strength of schedule for RBs from a fantasy POV down the stretch and they might lean on the running game and defense a bit more moving forward, so holding both for this week to see how it plays out makes sense.

7 hours ago, travdogg said:

What? However crappy the ending was, Antonio Brown had a 6 year stretch that was about as good as any WR in NFL history. 

How many SB's did he help the team win?

3 hours ago, Copeman said:

How many SB's did he help the team win?

You are trolling right? You can't seriously be judging an individual player by SB wins right? Because if you are, you are basically saying the following careers were essentially failures:

Dan Marino, Barry Sanders, Terrell Owens, Tony Gonzalez, Anthony Munoz, Bruce Matthews, Dermontti Dawson, Bruce Smith, Alan Page, Junior Seau, Champ Bailey, and Brian Dawkins. All, of those players are arguably in the top-5 all time at their respective positions, but don't have rings.

Meanwhile, a bunch of average, to below average players have multiple rings. Mike Wilson has 4, strictly from the good fortune of being drafted by the 49ers in the 80's. 

Point being, just because the Steelers didn't win a Super Bowl doing Brown's career there, doesn't mean he wasn't an all-time great player. Suggesting they'd have been better off without him, is asinine at best. 

• Like 1

Just now, travdogg said:

You are trolling right? You can't seriously be judging an individual player by SB wins right? Because if you are, you are basically saying the following careers were essentially failures:

Dan Marino, Barry Sanders, Terrell Owens, Tony Gonzalez, Anthony Munoz, Bruce Matthews, Dermontti Dawson, Bruce Smith, Alan Page, Junior Seau, Champ Bailey, and Brian Dawkins. All, of those players are arguably in the top-5 all time at their respective positions, but don't have rings.

Meanwhile, a bunch of average, to below average players have multiple rings. Mike Wilson has 4, strictly from the good fortune of being drafted by the 49ers in the 80's. 

Point being, just because the Steelers didn't win a Super Bowl doing Brown's career there, doesn't mean he wasn't an all-time great player. Suggesting they'd have been better off without him, is asinine at best. 

It was a tongue in cheek statement, but in hindsight, after all that has happened (or hasn't happened), would you like to have Sanders on this team right now?  No drama from Brown the past few years, which who knows how that would have affected the team/plays.  I dunno.  Makes you wonder.  Could be an argument either way.  Sanders hasn't been a slouch after he left the Steelers, that's for sure.

1 minute ago, Copeman said:

It was a tongue in cheek statement, but in hindsight, after all that has happened (or hasn't happened), would you like to have Sanders on this team right now?  No drama from Brown the past few years, which who knows how that would have affected the team/plays.  I dunno.  Makes you wonder.  Could be an argument either way.  Sanders hasn't been a slouch after he left the Steelers, that's for sure.

You can play the hindsight game all you want but it’s pointless IMO.  I prefer the normal, sane AB that we had for several years before any other receiver you listed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Copeman said:

They could have Brown's entire run, and had Sanders this season. He got traded to San Fran for peanuts, a deal Pittsburgh could have absolutely matched/beaten if they had wanted to.

20 minutes ago, travdogg said:

They could have Brown's entire run, and had Sanders this season. He got traded to San Fran for peanuts, a deal Pittsburgh could have absolutely matched/beaten if they had wanted to.

I'm not arguing that, although the Steelers wouldn't have made the trade.  They wouldn't have even had a draft next year.

In any case, you are arguing against a tongue in cheek comment.  Bravo.

Steelers Active Roster - RB
James Conner - DNP
Trey Edmunds
Jaylen Samuels
Benny Snell Jr
Kerith Whyte

Steelers Active Roster - WR
Deon Cain
Johnny Holton
Diontae Johnson
Tevin Jones
JuJu Smith-Schuster - DNP
James Washington

So it looks like the lineup against the Bengals will be:

RB: Samuels, Snell, Edmunds and White

WR: Washington, Johnson (if active), Holton, Jones and Cain

Yikes!

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

Steelers Active Roster - RB
James Conner - DNP
Trey Edmunds
Jaylen Samuels
Benny Snell Jr
Kerith Whyte

Steelers Active Roster - WR
Deon Cain
Johnny Holton
Diontae Johnson
Tevin Jones
JuJu Smith-Schuster - DNP
James Washington

So it looks like the lineup against the Bengals will be:

RB: Samuels, Snell, Edmunds and White

WR: Washington, Johnson (if active), Holton, Jones and Cain

Yikes!

Our starting QB, RB, FB, WR1, WR2 and C from week-1 wont be playing.    :lol: @ wr2.

Edited by Choke

At least Deon Cain is Abel to play !

Hopefully he kills it out there!

Edited by JoeSteeler
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

18 hours ago, JoeSteeler said:

At least Deon Cain is Abel to play !

Hopefully he kills it out there!

Oh, brother, keep it up!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, belljr said:

Bengals may win this

Doubt it. Defense will give Mason a short field. Fantasy question: will Snell see much action?

1 hour ago, SoBeDad said:

Doubt it. Defense will give Mason a short field. Fantasy question: will Snell see much action?

I'd imagine so. I was debating Snell vs Mostert. Thinking Mostert but I do think Snell gets a good amount of carries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoBeDad said:

I think Snell could get quite a lot of carries today 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I don’t know that Duck is any better, but Rudolph isn’t it. No pocket awareness and is always late on throws. 

There is no way he can be worse. This team will NOT win another game this year with the mannequin Rudolph. He is so beyond bad, and I don't know how a coach can look the defense in the face & explain why is in there.

1 minute ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I don’t know that Duck is any better, but Rudolph isn’t it. No pocket awareness and is always late on throws. 

An average QB should be lighting up this Cincy defense that stinks and has quit.  Mason isn't even an average QB.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, irish eyes said:

There is no way he can be worse. This team will NOT win another game this year with the mannequin Rudolph. He is so beyond bad, and I don't know how a coach can look the defense in the face & explain why is in there.

How did we have a 1st round grade on him?  He looked great in pre-season, but man I wish we had Dobbs instead right now who can at least move. 

5 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Who did we pass to draft Rudolph?  Ben was right. Ugh. 

Doesn't matter,  tomlin doesn't care. He is smarter than everyone else. Rudolph will come out for 2nd half & results will be identical 

Just checked score for 1st time.  Something's telling me I'm glad I decided not to even try to watch this one.

Also just checked box score. Is it okay for us to be done with Rudolph yet?  Asking for a friend.

Edited by 5-ish Finkle

Oakland loss helps us but this offense is so anemic I would be shocked if they make the playoffs 

• Like 1

Just now, fred_1_15301 said:

Oakland loss helps us but this offense is so anemic I would be shocked if they make the playoffs 

Run a lot, pass a little. Let the defense make plays and get some short fields.

5 hours ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

I'd imagine so. I was debating Snell vs Mostert. Thinking Mostert but I do think Snell gets a good amount of carries.

Thanks, 21 carries. I took you advice and started him over Mostert. Not the fastest, but he has good vision. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Been saying this since Ben went down. Rudolph is terrible. I'd rather sink with Hodges

• Like 2

Reasons Mason Rudolph will start vs. the Browns last week:

1) Mike Tomlin is a moron.

End of list.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dbc925 said:

End of list.

If Rudolph starts next week, it would be laughable. He really should be cut out right after the season,  better off picking  up a local high school player

Edited by irish eyes

I think Hodges gets the start next week but that doesn't exactly make me feel warm and fuzzy for the matchup against Cleveland.  Cleveland has been playing better and on paper, they are a pretty talented team (definitely more so than the Steelers given the injuries).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fred_1_15301 said:

I think Hodges gets the start next week but that doesn't exactly make me feel warm and fuzzy for the matchup against Cleveland.  Cleveland has been playing better and on paper, they are a pretty talented team (definitely more so than the Steelers given the injuries).

You think he'll do worse than 23/44 221 1td 4ints

1 minute ago, belljr said:

You think he'll do worse than 23/44 221 1td 4ints

No I don't think he'll do worse than Rudolph but I'm not sure he's good enough to beat Cleveland.

36 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

No I don't think he'll do worse than Rudolph but I'm not sure he's good enough to beat Cleveland.

Duck wasn’t awesome after the TD but he looks 100% more comfortable out there than Rudolph. I was pulling for Rudolph and had confidence because of his preseason and how high colbert was on him when drafted, but he should be done unless Duck gets hurt now. 

No doubt our lack of skill players is a huge part of the issue but Rudolph does not seem able to spark any playS whereas Duck at least looks the part and he gets out of the collapsing pocket to at least try to extend plays.

Look around the league, we see Minchew, Fitzmagic, they figure out how to make plays.

Duck looked better right away.  Play him.

PS.  Is the NFL gonna cash in on next weeks game and make it National?  Granted it’s a huge wildcard implication but the fight last week is still garnering national attention.  .75mil in fines.  Who gets that?  Ha!

3 minutes ago, infantsam said:

No doubt our lack of skill players is a huge part of the issue but Rudolph does not seem able to spark any playS whereas Duck at least looks the part and he gets out of the collapsing pocket to at least try to extend plays.

Look around the league, we see Minchew, Fitzmagic, they figure out how to make plays.

Duck looked better right away.  Play him.

PS.  Is the NFL gonna cash in on next weeks game and make it National?  Granted it’s a huge wildcard implication but the fight last week is still garnering national attention.  .75mil in fines.  Who gets that?  Ha!

I think if the Steelers go with Hodges, that puts a damper on the entertainment value.

3 hours ago, dbc925 said:

End of list.

First off, love him or hate him, Tomlin is not an idiot.  I was giving Rudolph the benefit of the doubt and I still don’t think it was all on him but he played like poop and I was heartened to see the move to Hodges.  

I am still not sold on the Duck but the Steelers had to do something, Anything, to spark the offense and they did so I give them credit for that.

We got the win and I’m glad for that but this team, especially the offensive line, better play better next week against the Browns or it won’t matter who is playing QB

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

First off, love him or hate him, Tomlin is not an idiot.  I was giving Rudolph the benefit of the doubt and I still don’t think it was all on him but he played like poop and I was heartened to see the move to Hodges.  

I am still not sold on the Duck but the Steelers had to do something, Anything, to spark the offense and they did so I give them credit for that.

We got the win and I’m glad for that but this team, especially the offensive line, better play better next week against the Browns or it won’t matter who is playing QB

The offensive line has been horrific most of the year.  They will be without one of their best players.  I have zero hope that they all of a sudden figure it out next week.  They are who they are at this point and that doesn't bode well when we have a young, inexperienced QB back there.  

• Like 2