Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Godsbrother

The ***OFFICIAL*** 2019 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Recommended Posts

It feels like this is the type of team Tomlin wants to coach, with a really good defense and a smart, efficient offense, rather than Ben's pass-happy offense that makes a lot of big players but also turns it over a bit too much at times. 

Edited by Ghost Rider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

It feels like this is the type of team Tomlin wants to coach, with a really good offense and a smart, efficient offense, rather than Ben's pass-happy offense that makes a lot of big players but also turns it over a bit too much at times. 

Since when is this a really good offense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Godsbrother said:

Since when is this a really good offense?

I think he meant to type really good defense and a smart efficient offense. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

It feels like this is the type of team Tomlin wants to coach, with a really good offense and a smart, efficient offense, rather than Ben's pass-happy offense that makes a lot of big players but also turns it over a bit too much at times. 

Well this is the best defense he’s had since his super bowl win.  But it’s also his worst offense.  It’s a very mediocre team but the coaching staff has done a good job this year.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Godsbrother said:

Since when is this a really good offense?

Obvious typo lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Boone22 said:

I think he meant to type really good defense and a smart efficient offense. 

Correct. Darn it. :wall:

Just now, fred_1_15301 said:

Well this is the best defense he’s had since his super bowl win.  But it’s also his worst offense.  It’s a very mediocre team but the coaching staff has done a good job this year.

Yep, this is honestly the best coaching job I've seen him out of in Pittsburgh to date, that Week 1 debacle against NE notwithstanding. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Obvious typo lol

Sorry but I’m quite buzzed and didn’t pick up on that. Still I think fans should give a little credit to the coaching staff.  This team is not a super bowl contender but it is amazing that we are 7-5 and still in contention 

im enjoying for as long as it lasts 

Edited by Godsbrother
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fred_1_15301 said:

???   Sure except for QB, TE, WR, RB, 80% of the O line, 75-80% of the defense, punter, kicker,  etc.  Other than that, you're spot on.    :lmao:  

Man a lot of Steelers fans are delusional or something else.

 Out of the starting OL the only one who isn't/ hasn't been a  pro-bowler is Matt Feiler.  The starting rb is Connor who had made the pro-bowl,. Same for Juju.  Oh no a TE and a 3rd string qb hasn't made the probowl. 

Heyward is a pro-bowler,  Javon Hargraves  should be,   Tyson A.   A Back up.  Oh no!

TJ. Watt A pro-bowler, Bud Dupree and D. Bush will make it this year.  Mark Barron not a pro-bowler.  Oh no!

DB Mika, Joe both pro-bowlers   Terrel Edmunds, Stevie Nelson both playing at probowl level. But not a pro-bowler.  Oh no! 

LOL you guys thinking this isn't a talented roster and we're devoid of talent.

Edited by bucksoh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a well coached team playing to it’s strengths somewhat out of nowhere.

We won so many battles against a more talented team.

Return game (so unexpected)

Turnovers and D in general.  Yup

QB pressure including the big one at the end.  

Big plays on offense. (Also unexpected)

Third down stops which are so much our nemesis.

That does not even count shutting down OBJ which is my next destination thread.

So yeah we have a chance.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Texans winning tonight would be a good thing for the Steelers.

I don’t see why, although I’m happy the Patriots lost. Our best chance is a wildcard and the Texans are more likely to be in that battle than the Pats. It also opens the door for home field for the Ravens which I find difficult to cheer. Although it is marginally better than home field for NE, maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pecorino said:

I don’t see why, although I’m happy the Patriots lost. Our best chance is a wildcard and the Texans are more likely to be in that battle than the Pats. It also opens the door for home field for the Ravens which I find difficult to cheer. Although it is marginally better than home field for NE, maybe?

I’d much rather go to Baltimore, where the Steelers have plenty of experience visiting and winning, than have to face the Pats and the refs in Foxboro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bucksoh said:

Man a lot of Steelers fans are delusional or something else.

 Out of the starting OL the only one who isn't/ hasn't been a  pro-bowler is Matt Feiler.  The starting rb is Connor who had made the pro-bowl,. Same for Juju.  Oh no a TE and a 3rd string qb hasn't made the probowl. 

Heyward is a pro-bowler,  Javon Hargraves  should be,   Tyson A.   A Back up.  Oh no!

TJ. Watt A pro-bowler, Bud Dupree and D. Bush will make it this year.  Mark Barron not a pro-bowler.  Oh no!

DB Mika, Joe both pro-bowlers   Terrel Edmunds, Stevie Nelson both playing at probowl level. But not a pro-bowler.  Oh no! 

LOL you guys thinking this isn't a talented roster and we're devoid of talent.

We are referring to the offense.  3rd string QB, Conner and JuJu haven’t played in weeks and Pouncey suspended.

Take away any team’s starting QB, RB, WR and pro bowl center and see if that makes an impact.  The coaching staff is doing a great job this season but for some fans it doesn’t seem to be enough. 
 

It may all come crashing down next week but for now I am enjoying the ride 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pecorino said:

I don’t see why, although I’m happy the Patriots lost. Our best chance is a wildcard and the Texans are more likely to be in that battle than the Pats. It also opens the door for home field for the Ravens which I find difficult to cheer. Although it is marginally better than home field for NE, maybe?

I want Houston to win division mainly because I think our WC tiebreaker fares better against titans than Houston.  But that situation will take care of itself since titans and Texans still play each other twice.  If we win 3 out of 4, I think we have a very good shot 

Edited by fred_1_15301

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I dont measure "pro-bowls" as always great players.... i'd need to look if they were legit selections (I know Conner was) or if they were subs for guys that dropped out or were now playing in the super bowl :P

Even if we dont go deep I tie our finish to the value of the Fitz trade ... the lower the first the better :)

 

 

 

Edited by belljr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't a talentless roster. Far from it. Especially on defense. It just happens to be missing the single most irreplaceable player on it.

The offense is performing poorly, even while the team wins. It's not like the coaching staff has magically made the offense respectable - it's 26th in rushing, 29th in passing, and 28th overall. They've won despite the offense, because there's simply no way to make it better. With Ben, this team would have been a legit Super Bowl contender.

The defense is where the improvement has come, and it's been drastic. They now have playmakers at every level. Not just the trade for Fitzpatrick, but the drafting of Bush and the emergence of Dupree have been massive too. 

The kudos I give to the coaching staff isn't about taking a crappy roster and making it better. They haven't done that. It's to the coaching staff for keeping everything positive and cohesive and to the front office for making the deal for Minkah and believing in what they have on defense, because while this team isn't a title contender, they're a legit playoff team because of the defense alone.

IMO, if they had made the switch at QB sooner and not stuck with Rudolph's turnovers, they may have an extra win. Rudolph has always looked overmatched in the pocket to me.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pecorino said:

I don’t see why, although I’m happy the Patriots lost. Our best chance is a wildcard and the Texans are more likely to be in that battle than the Pats. It also opens the door for home field for the Ravens which I find difficult to cheer. Although it is marginally better than home field for NE, maybe?

I was just looking at tiebreaker scenarios between Pittsburgh, Houston and Tennessee for the final WC and it's definitely in our best interest for Houston to take care of Tennessee and win that division.  We would most likely beat Tennessee in a tiebreaker (due to better conference record).  Let's say Tennessee wins the division (which would likely only occur if they sweep Houston), we would be tied with Houston at 10-6 (assuming we win the next 3 weeks and lost at Baltimore in week 17).  They would actually win the tiebreaker in that scenario due to better record against common opponents.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Buuuuuuuttttt - this is just a fun, senseless exercise since there is a loooooooong way to go and the Steelers just need to take care of business one game at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, irish eyes said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but steelers/Bill's has been flexed to sunday night week 15.

Beating Buffalo would potentially open up a few playoff doors as well.  The Bills are 2 games ahead of us but they still have to face Baltimore and New England.  The Steelers really do control their destiny and with the way the defense is playing, it's not at all out of the realm of possibility that this is a playoff team.  If Connor and Juju come back soon, they may even become mediocre on offense (now that they have someone who shows a semblance of an actual NFL QB).  

Edited by fred_1_15301

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, belljr said:

Tuitt is missed not as much as I expected

Agreed.  And besides losing Ben early this year, the guy we miss most is MM.  Our O-Line personnel has not changed much from last year but the results sure have.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

Sorry but I’m quite buzzed and didn’t pick up on that. Still I think fans should give a little credit to the coaching staff.  This team is not a super bowl contender but it is amazing that we are 7-5 and still in contention 

im enjoying for as long as it lasts 

Agreed.  I'm willing to eat crow on this one, as I was adamant that Tomlin needed to go.

But maybe you can admit now that Mason was in way over-his-head and that Duck gives us a better chance to win.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Well crap. I think this is probably not accurate anymore, and wouldn't have been even if Ben stayed healthy. So, clearly the time to update this is now, while we still don't know how terrible (or great) Rudolph will be. We're obviously 0-2 after 2 weeks, and I would be surprised if we beat the 49ers on the road, since we never win on the west coast. So, after starting 0-3 we go on a short run and win 1 game, taking down the Bengals. The Ravens and Chargers will both be favorites against the Steelers but I think we're able to win at least 1 of those games, so now we're a solid 2-4. The Dolphins kick off a mini-run for us and we wind up 4-4 after 8 weeks. Rams-Browns-Bengals-Browns doesn't look too favorable now, but Goff falls into a slump and the Browns are somehow still bad, allowing us to dominate this stretch, 8-4 after 12 weeks. Cards-Bills-Jets sounds like an easy run, but we're unable to put away teams with terrible records so we end up eking by a 2-1 record there, putting us at 10-5. No one expects us to win against the Ravens right now, but with Lamar Jackson running on every 3rd play he gets hit more than his body can handle and RG3 doesn't last much longer. The Ravens are starting Trace McSorley by week 17 and the Steelers pull off the division clinching win. 11-5, did not see that coming at the beginning of this paragraph.

Ok, so I didn't foresee the first loss to the Browns, but this is still pretty damn good after we started 0-2 and lost Big Ben. We have 4 weeks left and a couple tricky games in there. We have the Cards in AZ. They're a team we should beat with how well our D is playing, but it depends on if our OC lets Duck air it out. We sucked that whole first quarter and it wasn't until the offsides where Duck launched it that our Offense started to take risks and clicked. When he was finally allowed to throw downfield he was able to get some long receptions and open up the running game. I'm hopeful that he's allowed to take some deep shots against AZ because when the Steelers started playing conservative again to try and close the game out our offense started to sputter. 

Then we have the Bills at home which is definitely a winnable game, especially if we can get Juju and Conner back healthy by then. The Jets will definitely be looking to spoil us, and Leveon will be having his revenge game against us. I'm nervous about this game. 

The Ravens in week 17 might already have the #1 seed locked up, but I'm not sure if they'd rest starters or not. They might want to try and keep their team on a roll, but on the flipside, it would be kinda stupid for them to risk their rushing QB in a game that doesn't matter (on paper). If they're still hot, and dominating teams, they might play their starters for the first half to try and make sure they don't cool off. Their offense has been dominant when lead by Lamar, but I think we could still beat RG3 or Trace McSorley. I think we go 3-1 down the stretch and hopefully we'll hold the tiebreakers to make the playoffs. We could use some help from the Texans beating the Titans and the Raiders losing some more games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buttonhook said:

Agreed.  And besides losing Ben early this year, the guy we miss most is MM.  Our O-Line personnel has not changed much from last year but the results sure have.

I don’t think we miss Munchak as much as you do.  The reason the line hasn’t been as good is because Ben isn’t behind center.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steelers1080 said:

but it depends on if our OC lets Duck air it out

The Steelers ran the ball 33 times and passed it 21 times which is a ratio they would love to duplicate in every game if possible.  If "air it out" means letting duck chuck it 40 times that isn't going to happen by choice.  The game plan yesterday was perfect IMO.  Run the ball, take some shots down field, let the defense dominate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steelers1080 said:

Ok, so I didn't foresee the first loss to the Browns, but this is still pretty damn good after we started 0-2 and lost Big Ben. We have 4 weeks left and a couple tricky games in there. We have the Cards in AZ. They're a team we should beat with how well our D is playing, but it depends on if our OC lets Duck air it out. We sucked that whole first quarter and it wasn't until the offsides where Duck launched it that our Offense started to take risks and clicked. When he was finally allowed to throw downfield he was able to get some long receptions and open up the running game. I'm hopeful that he's allowed to take some deep shots against AZ because when the Steelers started playing conservative again to try and close the game out our offense started to sputter. 

Then we have the Bills at home which is definitely a winnable game, especially if we can get Juju and Conner back healthy by then. The Jets will definitely be looking to spoil us, and Leveon will be having his revenge game against us. I'm nervous about this game. 

The Ravens in week 17 might already have the #1 seed locked up, but I'm not sure if they'd rest starters or not. 

The Cardinals in AZ should be an easy win but it probably won’t be.  The Bills are a pretty good team That’s going to be tough but at least it’s at home.  I’m not worried about the Jets at all. 
 

if we can somehow win all three we make the playoffs. Beating Baltimore in week 17 would be great but will probably only decide seeding.

But we are getting ahead of ourselves, let’s beat AZ first and go from there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

I don’t think we miss Munchak as much as you do.  The reason the line hasn’t been as good is because Ben isn’t behind center.  

Maybe.  Ben might improve their pass protection, but not sure he has a big impact at the LOS on their run blocking. 

There was an obvious uptick in the O-Line play shortly after MM got here, which did not involve a change at QB, they just played better. Now the first year MM's gone they've taken an obvious step back.  Too many changes in the O-Line play that directly relate to MM's presence here to lay the blame on Ben. 

Hopefully we can find out how much they improve under Ben next year...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, irish eyes said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but steelers/Bill's has been flexed to sunday night week 15.

This seems like a long-shot game to win. They looked very good against Dallas. Steelers feel like a 9-7 team. Ending the year going 2-2 seems highly likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pecorino said:

This seems like a long-shot game to win. They looked very good against Dallas. Steelers feel like a 9-7 team. Ending the year going 2-2 seems highly likely.

Which actually has a decent shot of still getting them into the playoffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2019 at 2:43 PM, Finatic said:

We will still take the 1st rounder guys, you can have the tackles:thumbup:

Need you to come back here and make more stupid commentary. Every time you do the Steelers win. Good luck... I’m sure a team who hasn’t been able to identify a franchise QB since Dan Marino will do fine with those picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Buttonhook said:

Agreed.  I'm willing to eat crow on this one, as I was adamant that Tomlin needed to go.

But maybe you can admit now that Mason was in way over-his-head and that Duck gives us a better chance to win.  

I see that now for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Buttonhook said:

Maybe.  Ben might improve their pass protection, but not sure he has a big impact at the LOS on their run blocking. 

There was an obvious uptick in the O-Line play shortly after MM got here, which did not involve a change at QB, they just played better. Now the first year MM's gone they've taken an obvious step back.  Too many changes in the O-Line play that directly relate to MM's presence here to lay the blame on Ben. 

Hopefully we can find out how much they improve under Ben next year...

They haven't been playing as well this year but I think much of that has been due to injuries at the skill positions.  Teams had been stacking the line cause the passing threat was minimal.  I don't think it is a coincidence the running game has picked up since Rudolph's been benched.

Also I'm no expert on the Denver Broncos but they finished 4th last season in yards per carry and are currently 19th.  The Steelers were 24th last year and are 26th this season

I'm not saying that MM isn't a great o-line coach but I think the effect of his departure might be overstated a bit. Also it seems hard to believe this veteran line would suddenly forget all they learned from MM less than a year after he departed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Which actually has a decent shot of still getting them into the playoffs

Agreed.  There is still a lot of football to play but using the ESPN playoff machine I think 9-7 gets them in unless the Colts knock off the Saints in New Orleans or the Titans sweep the Texans. 

Of course it won't mean anything if the Steelers don't take care of business in Arizona this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This arizona game scares the crap out of me. Classic letdown setup where we play down to our opponents: on the road, west coast, off an emotional win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way I look at it is if they lose to Arizona they weren’t really a true playoff team anyways.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm willing to eat crow and say that Duck gives us a better chance to win right now.  But I will hold judgement on the future. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a classic spot for a let down game and I hate that ARI got smashed last week by the Rams.  But this Steeler team isn't good enough to think they can show up and beat anyone, and I think they know it this year.  I'm optimistic about this week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conner and JuJu will likely listed as questionable at the start of this week.  Tomlin said Conner is probably more likely than Juju to see the practice field this week but at this point no decisions have been made for either player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

Conner and JuJu will likely listed as questionable at the start of this week.  Tomlin said Conner is probably more likely than Juju to see the practice field this week but at this point no decisions have been made for either player.

I say sit them again.  No reason to rush them back.  Roll with what you have for now.  Might need them for the *gasp* playoffs *gasp*.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goff destroyed the Arizona defense. I don't expect a 3rd string QB to do the same, but the run game should be decent with Pouncey back and Snell performing well, which will in turn give Hodges a few passing opportunities. The only wildcard is Murray, but he may not be 100%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2019 at 2:30 PM, Steeler said:

The Steelers ran the ball 33 times and passed it 21 times which is a ratio they would love to duplicate in every game if possible.  If "air it out" means letting duck chuck it 40 times that isn't going to happen by choice.  The game plan yesterday was perfect IMO.  Run the ball, take some shots down field, let the defense dominate.

I meant air it out more in depth of target than number of targets. At the beginning of the game almost all the routes were near the line of scrimmage and it wasn't until the offsides heave that more deep routes were attempted. Now, that was probably by design to ease him into the game, but again at the end of the game they would run it into the line twice then pass for a third down. It was just too predictable and Cleveland was able to stop it. I think that if we had maintained the same game plan that we used in the 2nd and 3rd quarters that our offense would be more effective.  I agree that it should be 50/50 or 60/40 run to pass, but I'm ok with giving Duck more leeway to take shots. Also, if a game plan is working consistently, maybe don't change it up just because you have a lead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like JuJu is going to miss this week and possibly more.  It sounds like Conner is getting close but with the way Snell, Samuels and Whyte are playing I see no reason to rush him back.  Johnson missed yesterday's practice due to illness, hopefully just precautionary to keep him away from the rest of the team for a day or two.

Arizona is terrible against tight ends.  This would be a great time for the breakout game from McDonald and/or Vannett.

Edited by Godsbrother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Godsbrother said:

Looks like JuJu is going to miss this week and possibly more.  It sounds like Conner is getting close but with the way Snell, Samuels and Whyte are playing I see no reason to rush him back.  Johnson missed yesterday's practice due to illness, hopefully just precautionary to keep him away from the rest of the team for a day or two.

Arizona is terrible against tight ends.  This would be a great time for the breakout game from McDonald and/or Vannett.

We've shown a lot of run heavy sets so far with Duck, I wouldn't hate two tight end sets where they send one or both down the middle of the field on a play action. 

And don't rush Conner back, but if he's truly healthy (or 80%) then he is an upgrade over the other 3. Also, they don't need to bring him back and use him 100% of the time like they were before. It'd be pretty solid if we had a 4-way split with the RBs. Please no Edmunds, he never changes from the pre-snap read. Also, don't use Samuels in time crunch situations. Even if the team has plenty of TOs, he'll run out of bounds even at the expense of a 1st down on 3rd down. He's done that twice already, showing little game awareness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question for Steelersguys: Is there anything negative going on between Jaylen Samuels and Mike Tomlin personally, that might affect his playing time/role in the offense/generation of stats?

My high stakes partner and I read hundreds of articles from over a dozen sites weekly,  and many times will reference something we read in our weekly discussions, and fail to find the source after the fact, when we go  back to look for it. He's adamant that he read something within the last week saying that there's a big issue there. Something about how 'MEMEME' Samuels was after the 13 reception game, and the following week, when he did next to nothing, he was very public with his comments that it was everyone's fault but his. According to the article Tomlin has a personal issue with Samuels, in that he really dislikes Samuels as a person and for being a negative team player on a team that's scrapping and clawing it's way through the season, and is going to take it out on Samuels via playing time this Season, and that Samuels will not be on the Steelers next year...

...now, we have a strong playoff team in a National Contest that is WR/TE strong, but our RB situation is DHenry, Lindsay, Conner/Samuels, Hines, Scarbrough...

...as bad as Arizona is vs TE, they are also a plus-play for receiving rb's, enough to bring Samuels into the flex conversation, all other things being equal. However, if this locker room drama is a real story, I don't want to be left holding the bag if he's on the sideline notching a zero because Tomlin has an intense dislike for him personally.

Any fire to this smoke? Is there even smoke? Thanks, fellas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2019 at 6:07 AM, Godsbrother said:

We are referring to the offense.  3rd string QB, Conner and JuJu haven’t played in weeks and Pouncey suspended.

Take away any team’s starting QB, RB, WR and pro bowl center and see if that makes an impact.  The coaching staff is doing a great job this season but for some fans it doesn’t seem to be enough. 
 

It may all come crashing down next week but for now I am enjoying the ride 

Connor has missed 4 games, Juju can 2.  Injuries are a part of the game with exception of qb, we still have a lot of talent..  and by no means are we not talented. Like a lot of Steelers fans think.   My opinion of Tomlin has gone up but unlike you, I had a very low opinion of him.  I still am not overly impressed.  He might be better than a high school coach.  So see my opinion has changed somewhat!😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bucksoh said:

Connor has missed 4 games, Juju can 2.  Injuries are a part of the game with exception of qb, we still have a lot of talent..  and by no means are we not talented. Like a lot of Steelers fans think.   My opinion of Tomlin has gone up but unlike you, I had a very low opinion of him.  I still am not overly impressed.  He might be better than a high school coach.  So see my opinion has changed somewhat!😁

I think you have to be trolling but I’m not sure.   :oldunsure:     Regardless- congrats!

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bucksoh said:

Connor has missed 4 games, Juju can 2.  Injuries are a part of the game with exception of qb, we still have a lot of talent..  and by no means are we not talented. Like a lot of Steelers fans think.   My opinion of Tomlin has gone up but unlike you, I had a very low opinion of him.  I still am not overly impressed.  He might be better than a high school coach.  So see my opinion has changed somewhat!😁

Ouch.  My guess is that NFL executives likely don't share your opinion.

All I know is when I see this offense I see a lot of "skill" players named Whyte, Cain, Brooks-James, Edmunds, Tevin Jones, Rudolph and Duck Hodges getting a hell of a lot of playing time.  That's a big dropoff and to have this team at 7-5, especially after a 1-4 start, is nothing short of a miracle.   I think the coaching staff AND the front office is doing a pretty good job.

 

Edited by Godsbrother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, nittanylion said:

Question for Steelersguys: Is there anything negative going on between Jaylen Samuels and Mike Tomlin personally, that might affect his playing time/role in the offense/generation of stats?

My high stakes partner and I read hundreds of articles from over a dozen sites weekly,  and many times will reference something we read in our weekly discussions, and fail to find the source after the fact, when we go  back to look for it. He's adamant that he read something within the last week saying that there's a big issue there. Something about how 'MEMEME' Samuels was after the 13 reception game, and the following week, when he did next to nothing, he was very public with his comments that it was everyone's fault but his. According to the article Tomlin has a personal issue with Samuels, in that he really dislikes Samuels as a person and for being a negative team player on a team that's scrapping and clawing it's way through the season, and is going to take it out on Samuels via playing time this Season, and that Samuels will not be on the Steelers next year...

...now, we have a strong playoff team in a National Contest that is WR/TE strong, but our RB situation is DHenry, Lindsay, Conner/Samuels, Hines, Scarbrough...

...as bad as Arizona is vs TE, they are also a plus-play for receiving rb's, enough to bring Samuels into the flex conversation, all other things being equal. However, if this locker room drama is a real story, I don't want to be left holding the bag if he's on the sideline notching a zero because Tomlin has an intense dislike for him personally.

Any fire to this smoke? Is there even smoke? Thanks, fellas.

Nothing that I've heard.   I do think that Tomlin loves Snell so he is going to get a significant number of carries until Conner returns and possibly after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.