What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The ***OFFICIAL*** 2019 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread (1 Viewer)

Steelers need a tight end with their first or second pick. Cut Vance. 

Sign a vet qb and wr. 

let foster go. Time for Chuks and others to step up. 

hope we can keep dupree and somehow hargrave. 

Steelers need a tight end with their first or second pick. Cut Vance. 

Sign a vet qb and wr. 

let foster go. Time for Chuks and others to step up. 

hope we can keep dupree and somehow hargrave. 
Steelers don’t have their first rounder. And everything I’ve read says this is a weak TE class.  The Steelers have other holes to fill with their 2nd rounder and later.  

I don’t see Vance as the problem.  The QBs were the problem this year.  If Ben makes it back or we get a FA QB in the off season I see all the pass catchers improving.  

I don't like Vance much at all because he's a fumbler with bad hands.  Great athlete, meh football player....but put Ben in there and he'd have been much more of a threat.

Steelers don’t have their first rounder. And everything I’ve read says this is a weak TE class.  The Steelers have other holes to fill with their 2nd rounder and later.  

I don’t see Vance as the problem.  The QBs were the problem this year.  If Ben makes it back or we get a FA QB in the off season I see all the pass catchers improving.  
I said first or second pick, not first round. I don’t hate Vance but I think they need his cap space for Bud. 

I said first or second pick, not first round. I don’t hate Vance but I think they need his cap space for Bud. 
I would like to see Vance back but not at a $6 million dollar cap hit.  He's going to be let go, maybe he comes back at a greatly reduced salary.

They're going to need to do something at TE though.   

Godsbrother said:
They're going to need to do something at TE though.   
They do, but anyone of note who is an URFA is going to cost a bundle (Henry, Hooper, etc).  Can't see them paying Vance 6, so I doubt they'd pay those types 8 or 9 either.

They'll likely re-sign Vannett and then attempt to put a band-aid on the position via the draft/by bringing in some aging stiff, or a guy that can't stay healthy like a Tyler Eifert, and see what shakes out.

So there was some jibber jabber that if Ben isn't ready to go next year, the next QB that could be brought in would be Brady.  Highly doubtful that would happen, but it would be interesting as heck. I dunno how I'd feel about that.

So there was some jibber jabber that if Ben isn't ready to go next year, the next QB that could be brought in would be Brady.  Highly doubtful that would happen, but it would be interesting as heck. I dunno how I'd feel about that.
I doubt that would happen because they can't pay both of those QBs.

Zero chance of this. Why on earth would Brady play anywhere other than New England and how in the heck would the Steelers pay him?

oj howard?
Isn't he possibly headcase-ing/fumbling himself out of Tampa?  Has gotten hurt some too.

If memory serves though, I recall hearing teams were offering a pretty decent return to trade for him this past deadline, and the Bucs refused all offers even though he'd been benched.  Doesn't sound as if they've given up on him yet, and he's still on his rookie deal for, I think, another couple of years, so there would be no real reason to trade him unless he's some kind of locker room poison (which I have zero idea about).

Zero chance of this. Why on earth would Brady play anywhere other than New England and how in the heck would the Steelers pay him?
I agree.  Just saw a few articles.  You can search them.  Although, he's also been linked to every other team as well. lol

Brady has voluntarily been paid less than his value his entire career.

The cap goes up 11 million. And Dupree is off the books for 9.2 million more. 

So you want to let Dupree walk who just had the best season of his career and burn the rest of our cap to reward Brady for being under paid by the Pats for 20 years, all while the Pats directly kept the Steelers from 3 more SB appearances in that time.

Hard Pass.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Steelers wouldn't be able to pay Brady his value (or perceived value) either.  He would have to take less than the Patriots would offer to go to the Steelers.

I disagree.  I think there is a chance he plays elsewhere, but it sure as hell isn't Pittsburgh.
You could be right but I just don't see the motivation for leaving the only franchise he's ever known.  Maybe he is stoked about going somewhere and winning a championship without BB but he will have to deal with a new organization, new system and in a situation where he's likely to have less control of the offense.   

I guess the Titans could be a landing spot if they decide to not re-sign Tannehill.   Las Vegas would be interesting because the Raiders have talent, lots of money and draft picks galore.  Still would be a pretty big shock for a guy like Brady to go to a team like the Raiders.    

I just threw up a little in my mouth. Don't you think they would lose enough fans so as to make this a poor investment? I know I'd disown the team if that man was on the roster. 

So you want to let Dupree walk who just had the best season of his career and burn the rest of our cap to reward Brady for being under paid by the Pats for 20 years, all while the Pats directly kept the Steelers from 3 more SB appearances in that time.

Hard Pass.
I was simply refuting the "how would the Steelers pay him" statement. Restructuring and extending Decastro could free up another 6+ million. And the Steelers have an out on Ben after the coming year. So they'd free up 20 of his 32 million dollar salary.

I wasnt lobbying in any fashion, be it about Brady or Dupree.

Users who are viewing this thread