What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All things Greenland (1 Viewer)

Trump’s tweets tonight....

@realDonaldTrump: Denmark is a very special country with incredible people, but based on Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen’s comments, that she would have no interest in discussing the purchase of Greenland, I will be postponing our meeting scheduled in two weeks for another time....

@realDonaldTrump: ....The Prime Minister was able to save a great deal of expense and effort for both the United States and Denmark by being so direct. I thank her for that and look forward to rescheduling sometime in the future!

Fun fact-The U.S. Air Force has a base in Northern Greenland that is roughly 750 miles south of the North Pole. It is the country's northernmost Air Force base, and serves as part of an early warning system to detect ballistic missiles.

Fun fact-The U.S. Air Force has a base in Northern Greenland that is roughly 750 miles south of the North Pole. It is the country's northernmost Air Force base, and serves as part of an early warning system to detect ballistic missiles.
Gee, that's so fun! It's like no one didnt know that! Thank you so much for providing that vital information!

We should really just be able to buy all of the countries that have US military bases on them, and cancel meetings with them if they refuse.  Germany has the biggest — how much can Germany cost?

On second thought, maybe Trump asked Merkel if he could buy Germany, and, when she said no, that’s when Trump refused to shake her hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don Quixote said:
Maybe we can give them the US Virgin Islands.  They have a higher GDP than Greenland, and Trump has no interest in anything Virgin anyway.
Actually he was going to trade Puerto Rico for Greenland( more White People in Greenland there) and going to throw in Baltic Avenue as well.

lol at Trump taking his ball and going home.  His ability to continually find new ways to embarrass himself is truly remarkable.  

John Blutarsky said:
and giving Santa reports on the radio on Christmas Eve!  ☃️

Smart move.  Greenland will be a lush paradise soon, with tons of rare elements available to us for the first time in thousands of years.

"Otisburg"

Yes I also believe it would be smart. Maybe we won’t reap the benefits in our lifetimes but I feel that when global warming really kicks in people will be flocking to places like this. 

Yes I also believe it would be smart. Maybe we won’t reap the benefits in our lifetimes but I feel that when global warming really kicks in people will be flocking to places like this. 
I think you mistyped “Chinese Hoax” as “Global Warming”.

Another tidbit: Greenland has the highest suicide rate in the world.  Several reasons are blamed for Greenland's high rate of suicide, including alcoholism, depression, poverty, conflict-ridden relationship with spouse, dysfunctional parental homes.  According to a report published in 2009, the suicide rate in Greenland increases during the summer. Some researchers have blamed insomnia caused by incessant daylight.

Smart move.  Greenland will be a lush paradise soon, with tons of rare elements available to us for the first time in thousands of years.

"Otisburg"
Ah, yes. A lush paradise without topsoil or indeed a biome. Being strip mined. Perfect. We should all move there and enjoy care free life

Maybe we should inquire with Canada as to whether they might part with the Yukon.  I could also see us maybe acquiring and easement from lake Superior up to the Hudson Bay for a really nice Canal.  Also, really, how found are they of Manitoba?

"Otisburg"
I think examining ways to expand relationships, and explore business opportunities, with Greenland makes great sense.  China is investing heavily in Greenland, and it would be smart for the US to do the same.

Cancelling a meeting with the PM of Denmark because she won't (or can't) sell you an autonomous country within the Kingdom of Denmark (thereby also eliminating a potential for more sensible discussions about expanding relationships) is counter-productive, foolish, and insulting.

how remarkably far-sighted of the carbon industries to addict us to fossil fuels so they could one day speculate on Arctic beachfront properties

Daniel Dale
@ddale8

Trump says the prime minister of Denmark was “nasty” and “inappropriate” by publicly rejecting his unsolicited proposal to buy Greenland in the way she did. He says she could’ve just said no, and he’s not going to let her talk to him that way.
11:52 AM · Aug 21, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

....When a woman tells Trump "no," she must be nasty.

Daniel Dale
@ddale8

Trump says the prime minister of Denmark was “nasty” and “inappropriate” by publicly rejecting his unsolicited proposal to buy Greenland in the way she did. He says she could’ve just said no, and he’s not going to let her talk to him that way.
11:52 AM · Aug 21, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

....When a woman tells Trump "no," she must be nasty.
Unreal.  Totally expected but unreal.  What a clown.

How big is Greenland truly?

i feel like the map has error the way we usually see it because it’s so far north. 

I bet five internet points that:

1) Trump doesn’t know about this

3) Trump will learn about it via tweet in the next few days

4) Trump will use this to insult Denmark and lie about the purchase attempt: “No one knows this but Greenland is far SMALLER than Denmark advertises. That’s why I said NO! when Queen Fredson (Fred is a biy’s name and also MY DAD!) BEGGED me to fix it for her. What a MESS

4) Trump will use this to insult Denmark and lie about the purchase attempt: “No one knows this but Greenland is far SMALLER than Denmark advertises. That’s why I said NO! when Queen Fredson (Fred is a biy’s name and also MY DAD!) BEGGED me to fix it for her. What a MESS
:lmao: can totally see that coming

Users who are viewing this thread