What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rodney Anderson (Sooner) Bengals-RB (1 Viewer)

Dismattle

Footballguy
6'0  225  I believe it's important to note he hails from Texas  (Football is huge in H.S. right?)  Rodney put up almost 5,500 yd's

Really not much of a career for stats in College due to injuries...  (Latest being an ACL)  21 TD's on 217 w/ a 6.2 avg. per carry

(fyi) I couldn't find a post  Believe he is deserving of one  

Obviously, to me the Bengals love drafting them some RB's  Maybe there still looking for that one special back?   6th Rnd pick but that's quite misleading  Reflecting more his lack of playtime combined w/ three major injuries   T. Williams who was drafted earlier is out due to injury so we should get to see Rodney play Thursday  As per most believe none of this yr's RB's have true breakaway speed  I personally can't really say Rodney possess such especially considering the ACL  But I believe he checks every other box.

Basically, I'm not Mixon's biggest fan...

6'0  225  I believe it's important to note he hails from Texas  (Football is huge in H.S. right?)  Rodney put up almost 5,500 yd's

Really not much of a career for stats in College due to injuries...  (Latest being an ACL)  21 TD's on 217 w/ a 6.2 avg. per carry

(fyi) I couldn't find a post  Believe he is deserving of one  

Obviously, to me the Bengals love drafting them some RB's  Maybe there still looking for that one special back?   6th Rnd pick but that's quite misleading  Reflecting more his lack of playtime combined w/ three major injuries   T. Williams who was drafted earlier is out due to injury so we should get to see Rodney play Thursday  As per most believe none of this yr's RB's have true breakaway speed  I personally can't really say Rodney possess such especially considering the ACL  But I believe he checks every other box.

Basically, I'm not Mixon's biggest fan...
Whats the concern with Mixon?  23 years old, had over 1400 total yards and 9 TDs in a bad offense last year.  Averaged 4.9 YPC.  2nd round pick who has not disappointed at all.  The only concerns that seem logical are the bad OL and bad offense all around, but that is a constant for any Bengals RB so irrelevant in this context.

Whats the concern with Mixon?  23 years old, had over 1400 total yards and 9 TDs in a bad offense last year.  Averaged 4.9 YPC.  2nd round pick who has not disappointed at all.  The only concerns that seem logical are the bad OL and bad offense all around, but that is a constant for any Bengals RB so irrelevant in this context.
Not trying to speak for the OP, but suspect his comment could be referring to the red flags coming out of the video of Mixon punching a woman in the face while in college. Talent and abilities aside, I'd find it hard to rely on a player who has that mentality/lack of control.

Not trying to speak for the OP, but suspect his comment could be referring to the red flags coming out of the video of Mixon punching a woman in the face while in college. Talent and abilities aside, I'd find it hard to rely on a player who has that mentality/lack of control.
I dont disagree, but he has kept himself out of the news completely since that unfortunate event, right?  Perhaps he has matured, or maybe there is still a really bad dude there who has just kept it together for a few years.  Sadly, there are a ton of guys with character concerns that litter all of our rosters.  Its tough to avoid them at this point.

Draft experts talked up Rodney Anderson quite a bit this spring.  Sounded like he would have been in the mix for first RB off the board if his injury history at Oklahoma and health were not such a concern.

Decent upside play, especially in the Bengals new offense.  Doesn't hurt that the cost to acquire him is extremely low right now.

I dont disagree, but he has kept himself out of the news completely since that unfortunate event, right?  Perhaps he has matured, or maybe there is still a really bad dude there who has just kept it together for a few years.  Sadly, there are a ton of guys with character concerns that litter all of our rosters.  Its tough to avoid them at this point.
Right. Again I am just speculating the intent behind the statement that he's not Mixon's biggest fan. The responses seems to focus on FF production, which was likely not the context.

@ChuckLiddell   Look I don't exactly claim to be no guru...  (fwiw) Rodney actually dealt w/ a rape case that resulted in no charges  Basically neither character may be Mr. Innocent    Facts remain that imho the Bengals go after RB talent  Especially w/ AJ possibly out and some concern(s) over their QB?  I do believe this coach talk of developing a ground n' pound mentality  Not gonna say Mixon doesn't run hard!  But from what I've seen I do believe Rodney runs hard   Reminds me of a P. Chung playing so hard and bringing it all the time that its concerning   Can't say I have read nothing of missing games due to bruised this or hurt that tho   All I can say is right or wrong he's the only rookie RB on my roster  (2QB League  I'm all in on Murray)

Disclaimer:  I, unfortunately, didn't get to watch much game-wise   I have however spent some time looking at YouTube clips and checking numbers  ie. fumbles  Also, stuff like the HC's dad making a point to meet the player following his neck injury (rehab)  Guy had the same deal at the same school   Basically, I'm calling B.S. if anyone states the guy is just camp fodder or something of the sort   (Easy add for me having 12 bn spots)

trader jake said:
Draft experts talked up Rodney Anderson quite a bit this spring.  Sounded like he would have been in the mix for first RB off the board if his injury history at Oklahoma and health were not such a concern.

Decent upside play, especially in the Bengals new offense.  Doesn't hurt that the cost to acquire him is extremely low right now.
At this point I feel like this has been a talking point repeated so often that it's become accepted truth, when it's probably a stretch. Hard to disprove I guess because he was injured. 

At this point I feel like this has been a talking point repeated so often that it's become accepted truth, when it's probably a stretch. Hard to disprove I guess because he was injured. 
(imho)  The 6th round almost makes perfect sense

I believe its mostly based on the fact of Oklahoma having the "Highest scoring Offense" in 2017   Rodney combined w/ Trey formed part of that cog   Especially the performance against the Bulldogs  (200 yd's)   One month before that K. Johnson was stuffed for 44 yd's   Although to be fair one month prior Johnson had a great game 167 yd's (lotta rush's tho w/32 carrys) 

Reasons to cast a shadow on Rodney:    # of OL drafted    Heisman QB combined w/ stud WR    Level of competition?    Shared/split time in the backfield    Games played   <<  Whole lotta yeah but's    (Technically some probably already couldn't look past the broken leg and/or neck injury) 

Out of sight, Out of mind    Hopefully, we find out tonight what the deal is exactly  "Dress rehearsal"  Technically this might be more the mid-season type deal

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Bengals believe sixth-round RB Rodney Anderson suffered a torn ACL in Thursday's preseason finale.

Just brutal. Anderson tore his ACL two games into his final season at Oklahoma last year. He made his preseason debut last week after being activated from the NFI list, impressed in that exhibition, and then tore his ACL again last night. Anderson will rehab again this year and look to get back in time for camp next year. Back-to-back ACL tears on the same knee sounds like an NFL death sentence for a running back.

Users who are viewing this thread