What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PPR: 12th Pick Strategy Discussion (1 Viewer)

Skoo

Footballguy
Didn't see a thread for this year so figured I'd get a new one going - just found out I have the 12th pick in a 12-team PPR for the 2nd year in a row.

I know a lot of people like to go WR-WR here, but I don't think I can stomach having one of the 3-4 turn guys as my #1 RB. Actually starting to think RB-RB may be the way to go from the mocks I've been doing. Some combination of Chubb/Conner/Gurley/Mixon could be nasty.

Of course you gotta take what the draft gives you and if say Julio somehow falls to me at 12, that's an autopick no matter what.

Curious what everyone's thoughts are, who you've been taking in mocks, etc.

I don't think Chubb makes it to you at 12. I am at 10 in my 0.5 PPR and I think he gets scooped up even before I pick. I want to have the balls to go WR/WR but I agree that I can't stomach the thought of not getting my RB1 until late 3rd round. I supposed a lot depends on how you feel about Conner. If you like him, then he should be the guy at 12/13. But he seems to be falling recently (into the mid-second). 

I'm all in on Mixon this season, too the point that I have him at a tier above the other four you listed.  I'm also really fond of the wrs going in the 3rd-5th rounds (I believe Kupp is a top 10 wr in ppr) so rb/rb isn't a bad strategy.

That being said a guy like Carson will probably be available at the end of the third, so a draft of mixon/juju then carson/Kupp would make me ecstatic.

I've been mocking from the 11th spot and so many times best available is a Beckham/Chubb or Hill/Kelce combo which makes me a little uneasy having top two from same team.

Yotes1 said:
I've been mocking from the 11th spot and so many times best available is a Beckham/Chubb or Hill/Kelce combo which makes me a little uneasy having top two from same team.
I keep running into the same thing with Conner/JuJu. Then I have Hill in my keeper league so I don't really wanna have all my eggs in that basket.

Looks like I'll probably end up going RB/WR, I don't like feeling like I'm forced to take 2 WRs or 2RBs at the 3-4 turn.

On the other hand, if I already have a stud RB and WR, I can feel free to double up on RB or WR at the 3-4 if I think the value is there. 

Last edited by a moderator:
There are 11 guys I feel good about after that I don't think there is a clear favorite and you just have to pick from the next teir of maybe 6 guys.   If Chubb is not there I probably go with your favorite two WR's and hope to pick up RBs later, this would be especially true if you can start 4 or more WR's. 

I would be fine with starting Miller, Barber, Ekeler, Cohen week 1 for RB's if I have 3-4 solid WR's in PPR.  I think the wrong answer is trying to force a RB you are not comfortable with at the end of the first.  Wait and see whats there at the 3/4 turn.  Maybe Carson falls if your lucky.  Ingram, Mack, or Michell would all be decent options for a RB1 as well.  Otherwise keep going for WR's and get Diggs, Edelman, Kupp, Woods, Locket, Cook.  

Top 11
Barkely
Elliot
Kamara
McCaffferey
DJ
Chubb
OBJ
Hill
J Jones
Hopkins
Adams

Next tier
Mixon
Bell
Conner
Evans
JuJu
M Thomas

I did. The person drafting 11th took the player I was eye-ing five or six times.  :rant:
I don't feel particularly good about the team, but top half was: Adams, Mixon, Mack, Edelman,Robinson, Coleman, Shepard, Singletary (post-McCoy announcement)
I was at least happy to get Adams there.

There are 11 guys I feel good about after that I don't think there is a clear favorite and you just have to pick from the next teir of maybe 6 guys.   If Chubb is not there I probably go with your favorite two WR's and hope to pick up RBs later, this would be especially true if you can start 4 or more WR's. 

I would be fine with starting Miller, Barber, Ekeler, Cohen week 1 for RB's if I have 3-4 solid WR's in PPR.  I think the wrong answer is trying to force a RB you are not comfortable with at the end of the first.  Wait and see whats there at the 3/4 turn.  Maybe Carson falls if your lucky.  Ingram, Mack, or Michell would all be decent options for a RB1 as well.  Otherwise keep going for WR's and get Diggs, Edelman, Kupp, Woods, Locket, Cook.  

Top 11
Barkely
Elliot
Kamara
McCaffferey
DJ
Chubb
OBJ
Hill
J Jones
Hopkins
Adams

Next tier
Mixon
Bell
Conner
Evans
JuJu
M Thomas

Well, I was very happy to get Julio at 12, ended up taking Chubb at 13. Was happy about it at first, but am kind of kicking myself as Le'veon Bell was surprisingly available. I just couldn't pull the trigger on him though, seemed so unsafe. Out of football for a year, new team, worse o line, worse offense. Looking back, he's probably a lot safer than I realized in PPR. D'oh!

Anyway this is how it shaped up:

QB Goff

RB Chubb

RB D Montgomery

WR Julio

WR Diggs

TE OJ Howard

Flex Damien Williams/Shady

Bench:

WR Will Fuller

WR Geronimo Allison

RB Damien Harris

RB Darwin Thompson

RB Adrian Peterson

QB Kyler Murray

I like the front half of the draft much better than the back half. Just got so thin so fast, there was almost no one I liked in those double-digit rounds. Looking around at other teams I realized everyone's bench is pretty crappy though. Might've made a tactical error taking the Chiefs RBs, but the way I figured it SOMEONE is gonna put up points in that backfield, and I'll get to play that someone at flex.

Users who are viewing this thread