What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keepers? (1 Viewer)

milkdud_45

Footballguy
I'm in a 10 team 1/2 PPR league with an OP (so essentially a 2 QB league).

I'm thinking of keeping:

QB: Aaron Rodgers

RB: Christian McCaffrey

WR: Davante Adams

TE: Travis Kelce

Any thoughts?  Any arguments on why I shouldn't keep one of the above players?

You can't really make an argument against keeping any of those guys without knowing what it is costing you to keep them.  In other words, who would you be keeping instead of Rodgers?  It's tough to give a value statement on something that doesn't have a value to compare it to.

The keeper rounds are the first 4 rounds of the draft.  If keeping 4 you get 0 picks in the first 4 rounds.  If you keep 3 you get a 4th round pick. If you keep 2 you get a 3rd and 4th. Etc.  Order is reverse order of standings (non-snake for the keeper rounds) and I won last year so I'd pick last in each round.

Rest of options would be:

QB: Nick Foles

RB: Jamaal Williams, Doug Martin, Damien Williams, Aaron Jones, Kerryon Johnson

WR: Demaryius Thomas, Rober Woods, Josh Doctson, DaeSean Hamilton, Will Fuller V

TE: no others

If it were me I would have to decide if I thought each player was worth keeping in that round.  In a normal draft, I could see all of them going in the first 4 rounds but would you normally draft a 2nd RB in the first 4 rounds?  It really depends on your drafting style.  Personally, I never take a QB in the first 4 rounds.

I typically think of it that way too (and typically don't take QB first 4 rounds either), but have to remember it's a 2 QB league.  Also, a good chunk of the players that would typically be going in the first 4 rounds are going to be kept by other teams.  So really would just be getting the chance to take players not kept by other teams or the best rookies. Just not sure if there will be any rookies or left overs that I would take over Rodgers.

Given it's a 2qb league Rodgers is a for sure keeper.  I could be talked I to Kerryin or Aaron jones in most cases but not over the 4 guys you have listed.  Stick with choices you listed and go from there.  A great start at all 4 positions.

Users who are viewing this thread