What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pizza and Wings (1 Viewer)

Soulfly3

Footballguy
Do you eat em seperate? 

I'm the type to take a bite of each... They just taste so damned good together. 

I wish I remember where the hell I'd had a chicken wing pizza years back.

Usually make homemade pizza and chicken wings for Superbowl. I don't recall ever taking alternating bites, but I do remember trying to make a buffalo chicken pizza once. Never again.

topic made me order 'em tonight. 

so good... one bite of zza, one bite of wing... so messy. so good. just a match made in heaven. 

and as for oven wings... never seen a restaurant up here do that

Friday night is pizza night. I'll usually get wings, wife and I prefer the wings while the kids eat the za.

We have been getting buffalo chicken pizza for at least 20 years. I was still living with my parents when I discovered it at Napolis pizza across from Albertus Magnus High School. didnt realize this wasnt something available everywhere. 

Nope rarely get them together.  When I go wings I'm all in and want to eat as many wings as possible.  Heck I guess the same can be said for pizza. 
that is the way to go - understand the mix if there is a party, different things for different people

We have been getting buffalo chicken pizza for at least 20 years. I was still living with my parents when I discovered it at Napolis pizza across from Albertus Magnus High School. didnt realize this wasnt something available everywhere. 
I haven't had a good buffalo chicken pizza in my city. They always use cubed cooked chicken breast, then they recook it with the pie which dries out the chicken. It's not good.

Pizza hut, Papa John's, Domino's all have oven wings.  You guys must be eating local to get fried wings & a good pizza.
we dont have very many of those chains here. they definitely exist, but they're frequented by the "lower crust" of society generally.

we have a plethora of mom and pop pizza/wing joints. hence having never had oven wings at a takeout palce

Most of us don't have an Albertus Magnus High School anywhere near us

Just further proof that pizza is the best food ever created.  You can take something that is already top notch delicious, like a chicken wing, but when you put it on a pizza, it's even better.

I like to dip my buffalo chicken pizza in a little bit of ranch.

Now I want a buffalo chicken pizza at 8:50am.  Thanks #######s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I enjoy them both together.  I won't go to the extent of biting a wing then pizza, biting wing, then pizza, etc.  It's more like...eat a wing or two, then a slice....eat a wing or two, then a slice.

And of course, a salad beforehand.  

I could see eating them together but another issue it's difficult in my neck of the woods that find places with both excellent wings and excellent pizza.  A lot of places do both but only do both average at best.  If I'm in the mood for wings I go to one of the local bars (restaurants) around here that does it right but their pizza is just meh.  The places with great pizza either  don't do wings or just have meh wings.  So usually it's an either or situation.

I don`t eat pizza very often but when I do it is always by itself.  Don`t want to bastardize a good pie.

Punxsutawney Phil said:
I don't even understand why they got grouped together.  Is Pizza Hut responsible for this?  These chain pizza joints don't even have a deep fryer!  Nobody wants those nasty oven wings.
All Pizza huts now have and use fryers for their wings, and they're actually pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could see eating them together but another issue it's difficult in my neck of the woods that find places with both excellent wings and excellent pizza.  A lot of places do both but only do both average at best.  If I'm in the mood for wings I go to one of the local bars (restaurants) around here that does it right but their pizza is just meh.  The places with great pizza either  don't do wings or just have meh wings.  So usually it's an either or situation.
I'm sorry. I get, but I'm genuinely sorry. There are many places around here that clearly half ### it like you described, but we have multiple joints around here that do both the right way.

Soulfly3 said:
we dont have very many of those chains here. they definitely exist, but they're frequented by the "lower crust" of society generally.

we have a plethora of mom and pop pizza/wing joints. hence having never had oven wings at a takeout palce
Ooh, I see what you did there.....

As for the topic, I think I've only done this combo a few times.  Usually one (and a lot of) or the other.

I'm sorry. I get, but I'm genuinely sorry. There are many places around here that clearly half ### it like you described, but we have multiple joints around here that do both the right way.
Don't be we have great pizza places and some bars that serve pretty dynamite wings.  I've just never run across a pizza joint that has one of those wood fired pizza ovens that also does dynamic wings.

Same here. I get wings from a spot a few miles from the pizza place. Not a huge deal

Wife & I did the combo last night after a very extended happy hr. I like the combo because it adds more to the meal, including celery, than just the pizza. Did combo regularly when younger - now very rare. Prefer my wing fix, by themselves, at local places known for being top notch.

Years of combos has changed me tho - I almost always have a side of bleu cheese to dip my pizza.

I don't even understand why they got grouped together.  Is Pizza Hut responsible for this?  These chain pizza joints don't even have a deep fryer!  Nobody wants those nasty oven wings.

All Pizza huts now have and use fryers for their wings, and they're actually pretty good.
Not sure it's all Pizza Huts, but our local delivery/pick-up only place has a fryer.  They actually have the best hot wings in our town (and if you do the receipt survey you get a $10 off coupon...we do it every time and pay $14 for 18 wings).  Cheap and easy keto-ish meal once a month or so.

Wife & I did the combo last night after a very extended happy hr. I like the combo because it adds more to the meal, including celery, than just the pizza.
Maybe you didn't see the pic of the pizza I posted with celery on it.

Wings are easy enough to get right, dark meat is very forgiving that way, but truly great pizza is something special. And, yes, relatively mediocre pizza is still a pretty darn awesome eating experience.

Regardless of whether or not you agree the real point is that places that serve truly great pizza seldom have wings on the menu.

But for places that serve both I see no problem with having them together..

Wings are easy enough to get right, dark meat is very forgiving that way, but truly great pizza is something special. And, yes, relatively mediocre pizza is still a pretty darn awesome eating experience.

Regardless of whether or not you agree the real point is that places that serve truly great pizza seldom have wings on the menu.

But for places that serve both I see no problem with having them together..
What’s this now?

Users who are viewing this thread