Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

Do you eat em seperate? 

I'm the type to take a bite of each... They just taste so damned good together. 

I wish I remember where the hell I'd had a chicken wing pizza years back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope rarely get them together.  When I go wings I'm all in and want to eat as many wings as possible.  Heck I guess the same can be said for pizza. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m usually one or the other unless I’m at a party that has both

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pipes said:

Nope rarely get them together.  When I go wings I'm all in and want to eat as many wings as possible.  Heck I guess the same can be said for pizza. 

This is me, explained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't even understand why they got grouped together.  Is Pizza Hut responsible for this?  These chain pizza joints don't even have a deep fryer!  Nobody wants those nasty oven wings.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Usually make homemade pizza and chicken wings for Superbowl. I don't recall ever taking alternating bites, but I do remember trying to make a buffalo chicken pizza once. Never again.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

Do you eat em seperate? 

I'm the type to take a bite of each... They just taste so damned good together. 

I wish I remember where the hell I'd had a chicken wing pizza years back.

Almost every pizza place around here makes a buffalo chicken pie, and it’s a great combo.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rarely eat either, but when I do I eat them together and I eat a lot of them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

topic made me order 'em tonight. 

so good... one bite of zza, one bite of wing... so messy. so good. just a match made in heaven. 

and as for oven wings... never seen a restaurant up here do that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday night is pizza night. I'll usually get wings, wife and I prefer the wings while the kids eat the za.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have been getting buffalo chicken pizza for at least 20 years. I was still living with my parents when I discovered it at Napolis pizza across from Albertus Magnus High School. didnt realize this wasnt something available everywhere. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pipes said:

Nope rarely get them together.  When I go wings I'm all in and want to eat as many wings as possible.  Heck I guess the same can be said for pizza. 

that is the way to go - understand the mix if there is a party, different things for different people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AcerFC said:

We have been getting buffalo chicken pizza for at least 20 years. I was still living with my parents when I discovered it at Napolis pizza across from Albertus Magnus High School. didnt realize this wasnt something available everywhere. 

I haven't had a good buffalo chicken pizza in my city. They always use cubed cooked chicken breast, then they recook it with the pie which dries out the chicken. It's not good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

 and as for oven wings... never seen a restaurant up here do that

Pizza hut, Papa John's, Domino's all have oven wings.  You guys must be eating local to get fried wings & a good pizza.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Punxsutawney Phil said:

Pizza hut, Papa John's, Domino's all have oven wings.  You guys must be eating local to get fried wings & a good pizza.

we dont have very many of those chains here. they definitely exist, but they're frequented by the "lower crust" of society generally.

we have a plethora of mom and pop pizza/wing joints. hence having never had oven wings at a takeout palce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AcerFC said:

We have been getting buffalo chicken pizza for at least 20 years. I was still living with my parents when I discovered it at Napolis pizza across from Albertus Magnus High School. didnt realize this wasnt something available everywhere. 

Most of us don't have an Albertus Magnus High School anywhere near us

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have them separate. 

Recently discovered Italian beef pizza with giardianra. Sublime. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Brony said:

Have them separate. 

Recently discovered Italian beef pizza with giardianra. Sublime. 

What’s this now?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just further proof that pizza is the best food ever created.  You can take something that is already top notch delicious, like a chicken wing, but when you put it on a pizza, it's even better.

I like to dip my buffalo chicken pizza in a little bit of ranch.

Now I want a buffalo chicken pizza at 8:50am.  Thanks #######s.

Edited by doowain
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I enjoy them both together.  I won't go to the extent of biting a wing then pizza, biting wing, then pizza, etc.  It's more like...eat a wing or two, then a slice....eat a wing or two, then a slice.

And of course, a salad beforehand.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see eating them together but another issue it's difficult in my neck of the woods that find places with both excellent wings and excellent pizza.  A lot of places do both but only do both average at best.  If I'm in the mood for wings I go to one of the local bars (restaurants) around here that does it right but their pizza is just meh.  The places with great pizza either  don't do wings or just have meh wings.  So usually it's an either or situation.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don`t eat pizza very often but when I do it is always by itself.  Don`t want to bastardize a good pie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Punxsutawney Phil said:

I don't even understand why they got grouped together.  Is Pizza Hut responsible for this?  These chain pizza joints don't even have a deep fryer!  Nobody wants those nasty oven wings.

All Pizza huts now have and use fryers for their wings, and they're actually pretty good.

Edited by Wingnut
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pipes said:

I could see eating them together but another issue it's difficult in my neck of the woods that find places with both excellent wings and excellent pizza.  A lot of places do both but only do both average at best.  If I'm in the mood for wings I go to one of the local bars (restaurants) around here that does it right but their pizza is just meh.  The places with great pizza either  don't do wings or just have meh wings.  So usually it's an either or situation.

I'm sorry. I get, but I'm genuinely sorry. There are many places around here that clearly half ### it like you described, but we have multiple joints around here that do both the right way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Most of us don't have an Albertus Magnus High School anywhere near us

I had an Albertus Magnus College, and some of the best pizza in New England was pretty close by.

 

Must be a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

we dont have very many of those chains here. they definitely exist, but they're frequented by the "lower crust" of society generally.

we have a plethora of mom and pop pizza/wing joints. hence having never had oven wings at a takeout palce

Ooh, I see what you did there.....

As for the topic, I think I've only done this combo a few times.  Usually one (and a lot of) or the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Pipes said:

Nope rarely get them together.  When I go wings I'm all in and want to eat as many wings as possible.  Heck I guess the same can be said for pizza. 

 

19 hours ago, rockaction said:

This is me, explained.

 

3 hours ago, Da Guru said:

I don`t eat pizza very often but when I do it is always by itself.  Don`t want to bastardize a good pie.

You poor, misguided souls.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im actually floored that pizza and wings doesnt seem to be a "combo" all over the us/cda. 

I thought this was a given

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

I'm sorry. I get, but I'm genuinely sorry. There are many places around here that clearly half ### it like you described, but we have multiple joints around here that do both the right way.

Don't be we have great pizza places and some bars that serve pretty dynamite wings.  I've just never run across a pizza joint that has one of those wood fired pizza ovens that also does dynamic wings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Parrothead said:

dipping the pizza crust in the puddles of hot sauce is almost a religious experience:tebow:

Not as much as dipping in both hot sauce then the bleu cheese dressing. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Not as much as dipping in both hot sauce then the bleu cheese dressing. 

Yes

Just now, Soulfly3 said:

GOTTA be blue cheese dipping sauce...

large no to ranch

and yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Pipes said:

I could see eating them together but another issue it's difficult in my neck of the woods that find places with both excellent wings and excellent pizza.  A lot of places do both but only do both average at best.  If I'm in the mood for wings I go to one of the local bars (restaurants) around here that does it right but their pizza is just meh.  The places with great pizza either  don't do wings or just have meh wings.  So usually it's an either or situation.

Same here. I get wings from a spot a few miles from the pizza place. Not a huge deal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wife & I did the combo last night after a very extended happy hr. I like the combo because it adds more to the meal, including celery, than just the pizza. Did combo regularly when younger - now very rare. Prefer my wing fix, by themselves, at local places known for being top notch.

Years of combos has changed me tho - I almost always have a side of bleu cheese to dip my pizza.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2019 at 2:58 PM, Punxsutawney Phil said:

I don't even understand why they got grouped together.  Is Pizza Hut responsible for this?  These chain pizza joints don't even have a deep fryer!  Nobody wants those nasty oven wings.

 

On 8/23/2019 at 8:27 AM, Wingnut said:

All Pizza huts now have and use fryers for their wings, and they're actually pretty good.

Not sure it's all Pizza Huts, but our local delivery/pick-up only place has a fryer.  They actually have the best hot wings in our town (and if you do the receipt survey you get a $10 off coupon...we do it every time and pay $14 for 18 wings).  Cheap and easy keto-ish meal once a month or so.

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, raidergil said:

Wife & I did the combo last night after a very extended happy hr. I like the combo because it adds more to the meal, including celery, than just the pizza.

Maybe you didn't see the pic of the pizza I posted with celery on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wings are easy enough to get right, dark meat is very forgiving that way, but truly great pizza is something special. And, yes, relatively mediocre pizza is still a pretty darn awesome eating experience.

Regardless of whether or not you agree the real point is that places that serve truly great pizza seldom have wings on the menu.

But for places that serve both I see no problem with having them together..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t touch the stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Otis said:

I don’t touch the stuff. 

your wife feeds you? incredible. i am envious. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, shuke said:

Maybe you didn't see the pic of the pizza I posted with celery on it.

Now I did & wish I hadn't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait. Buffalo chicken pizza isn’t a universal experience? Blows my mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant which offered both wings and pizza.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I eat them together but not literally alternating one bite of each.  No normal person does that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, [scooter] said:

I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant which offered both wings and pizza.

impossible.

6 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I eat them together but not literally alternating one bite of each.  No normal person does that.

absolutely nothing tstes better than a bite of zza w some wing up on it. 

it's like cookies and milk... for adults.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.