What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper Trade: Would I be crazy not to take this? (1 Viewer)

Skoo

Footballguy
Ok, so I play in a keeper league that's a little different than most. We keep 2 veterans and 1 rookie each season. There are no draft penalties for keepers, and you can keep a player for as long as you want.

My keepers:

Tyreek Hill

Fournette

Kerryon Johnson (R)

One guy in my league traded away all his draft picks last year and is feeling desperate. He's offering Travis Kelce for Fournette.

I realize this seems easy but I'm the guy who drafted Fournette out of college and am still reasonably high on him. Also a little worried if Mahomes goes down my team is destroyed.

That said, I also have an extra 1st AND 2nd round pick this year. Picks 4, 7, 14, and 17 overall. All the top RBs are being kept of course but there will be guys like Damien Williams, Aaron Jones, Chris Carson, and all the rookies at RB.

Any help would be appreciated, happy to help with yours!

Honestly it's a tough call.  I'd do the trade.  Kelce is probably going to be the number one tight end for the next few years at least.  Frankly if Mahomes goes down, Kelce is probably going to become even more important to the Chiefs than he is now.  That's not to say his numbers won't go down but I wouldn't worry about his numbers as much as I'd worry about Hill's numbers going down.  

Fournette just hasn't proven that he can stay on the field.  He's talking a big game right now but everybody talks a big game in the preseason.  I like him.  I think he could be great.  I'm not down on him.  I'm just giving reasons why I'd pick Kelce over him.

If you think Fournette's head is on straight and he's ready to put together a full season of what he is capable of, then keep him.  You'll kick yourself if you don't.  I just think Kelce is the safe choice in a trade where neither side loses based on talent.

For what it's worth, Footballguys Dynasty Value Chart has Kelce at a 30 and fournette as 23.  That's based on a 12 team ppr league so use it for what it's worth.  They like Kelce better.

any major QB goes down and you have concerns, so do not even think of it.  I'm taking Kelce as I value him higher than Fournette and....  I will assume that you have to start a TE.  Even if you don't start TE and just start a bunch of receivers, I am taking Kelce

Last edited by a moderator:
Kelce for sure. Clearly the top pick at TE giving a major advantage over other owners at the position. Fournette is mired in a very large group of capable RB2s and can’t stay healthy. 

Users who are viewing this thread