What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Auction redraft strategies (1 Viewer)

barackdhouse

Footballguy
I'd like to start a thread for auction redraft shop talk. Every league is different but I am preparing for my own next weekend that I've been doing for 10+ years now. So I'm going to talk about a couple things to get this started but that are focused on some of the nuances of my own league. Feel free to talk about your own league nuances as well. Because:

#1 - Know your league. I can't count how many times trades have been evaluated here where someone trashes on a decision that was made, but when some of the specific league settings are explained more thoroughly, the rationale (sometimes) makes more sense. This league of mine has 6 pts for passing TDs. In this league QBs are expensive. We can all argue all day about whether it is smart to wait (or go cheap) on QB but if you want Mahomes in this league I am guessing $40/200. Also in this league the owners tendencies include paying large for the top talent. Barkley will go for $75-80.

#2 - Have a plan but be uber flexible. I've mocked out various strategies and had viable back up plans in place and then come draft day I still end up pivoting in ways I wasn't expecting. 

#3 - Make your tiers and be aware of the horseshoe effect. The first and last names in a given tier tend to be the most expensive in that tier. The middle names are usually discounted. Take advantage if you can. Sometimes the very first name will be discounted quite a bit if the groupthink happens to agree there is a dropoff between tiers. That next name in that next tier will sometimes give the whole group a bit of a pause and the player can be had cheaper than otherwise mocked. 

#4 - I like nominating high price players that I know I don't want. Get that money spent. I'm not shy about spending early but I absolutely want my leaguemates to spend theirs. 

I could talk about so many more but this is a good start. Also I have info about the two openings we have in this league over on the Looking for Leagues page. HMU if interested. But mostly hoping to start a dialogue about auction nuances.

At the beginning of the draft nominate a guy you DO want, especially if you are high in the draft order.  This can benefit you two ways.  First, you may be able to take advantage of other drafters being gun shy early on which means you end up with a guy you wanted either at or lower than expected.  Second, it lets you sort out your Plan A/Plan B quickly.  Say your Plan A is to get Kelce.  Then he ends up going for way more than you are willing to pay.  You are now free to go after your Plan B which might be to load up on RBs.  Nominating a stud you want early lets you quickly determine if your primary draft plan will work or not.  

I'd like to start a thread for auction redraft shop talk. Every league is different but I am preparing for my own next weekend that I've been doing for 10+ years now. So I'm going to talk about a couple things to get this started but that are focused on some of the nuances of my own league. Feel free to talk about your own league nuances as well. Because:

I could talk about so many more but this is a good start. Also I have info about the two openings we have in this league over on the Looking for Leagues page. HMU if interested. But mostly hoping to start a dialogue about auction nuances.

Each year I tend to come here and read the auction threads. Oddly, I have never been in any true auction redraft leagues. (Always redraft, never an auction though)

Anyway, it seems I get more and more interested to these auction strategies, and in years past I have mocked quite a few times in auctions, even though I never ended up getting into an auction league.......and I always say I need to.   :wall:

The little I know about auctions, it seems to be a clear line between the guys who basically go "stars and scrubs"  and the others who tend to be driven towards "value buys late"  (many of these guys are also on the "nominate expensive guys I DO NOT want early" train too).

@barackdhouse  Please send me a link to your post about looking for 2 auction openings.

I'm already in 1 league more than I usually like, but I need to start considering these leagues.

TZM

I've already done 5 online auctions, so I have a good feel for 12 team ppr leagues. In general, there are very good WR buys to be had about 60% of the way through the auction. Because of the focus on top RBs and top WRs, the WR 2 & 3's are coming in at great prices, IMO. 

QB prices are outrageously cheap. Mahomes and Watson go for double digits, but that is it. However, in one of them I put up Watson for $4 as a later QB nomination and nobody else bid. Remarkable.

At the beginning of the draft nominate a guy you DO want, especially if you are high in the draft order.  This can benefit you two ways.  First, you may be able to take advantage of other drafters being gun shy early on which means you end up with a guy you wanted either at or lower than expected.  Second, it lets you sort out your Plan A/Plan B quickly.  Say your Plan A is to get Kelce.  Then he ends up going for way more than you are willing to pay.  You are now free to go after your Plan B which might be to load up on RBs.  Nominating a stud you want early lets you quickly determine if your primary draft plan will work or not.  
This is always my plan too.  The #2 suggestion of the OP flexibility is huge.  I usually have 3/4 strategies that I’ve mocked out and come to the draft feeling good about going with any of them, but I like to know which way I’m going pretty early so I push the draft in a direction that flushes out my ultimate direction. 

Part of that draft flexibility too is not targeting players but clusters of value within where you want to spend for that position, be it your RB1 or WR3.  If your willing to spend $40 for your RB1 target the cluster of players in that value range with the intent of getting one of them don’t specifically go after James Connor for 40$.  This helps with not panicking and over paying if you miss “your guy”.  

I've already done 5 online auctions, so I have a good feel for 12 team ppr leagues. In general, there are very good WR buys to be had about 60% of the way through the auction. Because of the focus on top RBs and top WRs, the WR 2 & 3's are coming in at great prices, IMO. 

QB prices are outrageously cheap. Mahomes and Watson go for double digits, but that is it. However, in one of them I put up Watson for $4 as a later QB nomination and nobody else bid. Remarkable.
This changes very quickly if you get into a 2QB or superflex league.   QB’s find their price again.  

My only advice (and I see it time and again): Don't be too cute. 

And wind up with 3-4 $1 defenses/kickers in a start 1 defense/kicker league.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely. If you have to go with a plan B, there is more flexibility early than late.

Each year I tend to come here and read the auction threads. Oddly, I have never been in any true auction redraft leagues. (Always redraft, never an auction though)

Anyway, it seems I get more and more interested to these auction strategies, and in years past I have mocked quite a few times in auctions, even though I never ended up getting into an auction league.......and I always say I need to.   :wall:

The little I know about auctions, it seems to be a clear line between the guys who basically go "stars and scrubs"  and the others who tend to be driven towards "value buys late"  (many of these guys are also on the "nominate expensive guys I DO NOT want early" train too).

@barackdhouse  Please send me a link to your post about looking for 2 auction openings.

I'm already in 1 league more than I usually like, but I need to start considering these leagues.

TZM
I swear auctions are the best. And yes those are the two main strategies, studs and scrubs vs max value plays. 

Here is the link to the post about the openings:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/778935-12-team-250-auction-redraft-05-ppr-draft-august-31st-on-espncom/

Also feel free to send me a PM at barackdhouse@gmail.com and we can chat about it. Below is the link to the actual ESPN site - it just needs updated for 2019. The rosters will be emptied prior to the draft, with the exception of one keeper from each team. Whoever buys these two teams will get to choose among the current roster the one and only one player they want to keep (if at all). Whatever they cost that owner last year will cost you $5 more this year. For example I drafted Kamara for $5 two years ago and now this year I am keeping him for $15 (instead of like 75 on the open draft market). Goes up 5 each year. I could also choose to keep Chubb for just $10 this year but am going to go with AK.

https://fantasy.espn.com/football/league?leagueId=363617

This is always my plan too.  The #2 suggestion of the OP flexibility is huge.  I usually have 3/4 strategies that I’ve mocked out and come to the draft feeling good about going with any of them, but I like to know which way I’m going pretty early so I push the draft in a direction that flushes out my ultimate direction. 

Part of that draft flexibility too is not targeting players but clusters of value within where you want to spend for that position, be it your RB1 or WR3.  If your willing to spend $40 for your RB1 target the cluster of players in that value range with the intent of getting one of them don’t specifically go after James Connor for 40$.  This helps with not panicking and over paying if you miss “your guy”.  
Exactly. This is usually a challenge for me, too. I design my strategy that way but I end up getting enamored with certain favorites on my board anyway. That can potentially ruin your auction draft if you are too beholden to "your" guys. Often those are the ones that other owners are also enamored with and then you get a bidding war.

I agree and usually do this in my only auction league (which is not redraft). This year, 3 of my 4 keepers are RBs, so my first throw will be a top QB, WR or TE so I can get a sense of where I should be spending my money. But many of my other early throws will be RBs so my opponents will spend money.

In my league the fact that the top talent goes for such high values means there are screaming deals eventually. And as the middle tiers get weeded down there are usually some fierce bidding wars for the last few "decent" RBs and WRs. You absolutely want to make sure and get your top talent when you can. You can't let those waves of players pass you by.

If you really want a player then don't be afraid to pay a couple bucks more than you wanted to.

Do not spend more than $1 on a kicker or defense.  It may not seem like it but that extra money can mean the player you really wanted earlier in the draft.

Nominate players that will go for a lot but you don't want so you can thin out other's money.

DO NOT finish the draft with money left over.  Unless you got every player you really wanted and still have money left over I would consider your strategy a failure.

If you really want a player then don't be afraid to pay a couple bucks more than you wanted to.

Do not spend more than $1 on a kicker or defense.  It may not seem like it but that extra money can mean the player you really wanted earlier in the draft.

Nominate players that will go for a lot but you don't want so you can thin out other's money.

DO NOT finish the draft with money left over.  Unless you got every player you really wanted and still have money left over I would consider your strategy a failure.
Generally I would agree, but I don't think it is as big of a deal as people make it out to be, if there are only a couple bucks left over. The bigger implication of having money left over is that you may have missed out on bidding just a little higher on an earlier nominated player. You definitely don't want to save your money to the end. I'd rather overspend early than underspend late.

I swear auctions are the best. And yes those are the two main strategies, studs and scrubs vs max value plays. 

Here is the link to the post about the openings:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/778935-12-team-250-auction-redraft-05-ppr-draft-august-31st-on-espncom/

Also feel free to send me a PM at barackdhouse@gmail.com and we can chat about it. Below is the link to the actual ESPN site - it just needs updated for 2019. The rosters will be emptied prior to the draft, with the exception of one keeper from each team. Whoever buys these two teams will get to choose among the current roster the one and only one player they want to keep (if at all). Whatever they cost that owner last year will cost you $5 more this year. For example I drafted Kamara for $5 two years ago and now this year I am keeping him for $15 (instead of like 75 on the open draft market). Goes up 5 each year. I could also choose to keep Chubb for just $10 this year but am going to go with AK.

https://fantasy.espn.com/football/league?leagueId=363617
I just now changed the setting on the ESPN site to public. My bad. Should be able to be viewed now. We only have one spot left now.

Never go into a draft with a “plan” of targeting a specific player at a position. If you’re going to budget a plan make sure you have at least 2-3 alternative options per position so that you don’t get caught up in a bidding war. 

Speaking of bidding wars, don’t ever wait for the last 1 or 2 players in a tier. I’ve seen auctions where Chris Carson for example is the last of 2 RB’s with a top 50 ADP on the board and he gets bid up to a crazy dollar amount by 2 or 3 teams. 

Another thing that I’ve done is to resist the urge to bid up a player than I don’t really like. I feel a lot better about my auctions when my roster is full of players that I like relative to their market value. Even if I paid a couple extra bucks on each player or drew a “wow” comment in the chat room.

Does anyone use the "nominate the best kicker/defense first" strategy?  That way you either get whoever is ranked 1st for $1 or you make an opponent pay at least $2.

ScottNorwood said:
Does anyone use the "nominate the best kicker/defense first" strategy?  That way you either get whoever is ranked 1st for $1 or you make an opponent pay at least $2.
Yes, often.  Usually early too. In my 20yr league (auction for the past 10) this is well known and the first few rounds of the draft actually end up being lots of K’s and D’s.  

Generally I would agree, but I don't think it is as big of a deal as people make it out to be, if there are only a couple bucks left over. The bigger implication of having money left over is that you may have missed out on bidding just a little higher on an earlier nominated player. You definitely don't want to save your money to the end. I'd rather overspend early than underspend late.
I can't stand finishing a draft with money left over.  All I can think about is how I got cheap on some top tier players earlier.  That extra $5 left over could have been a big upgrade at a position.

Timely thread I've never been in an auction draft. 

New league for me has superflex position but can only roster 3 RBs ... Am i right to assume that there will be a premium on RBs?  What would be your strategy there?

TripleThreat said:

New league for me has superflex position but can only roster 3 RBs ... Am i right to assume that there will be a premium on RBs?  What would be your strategy there?
Assuming 12 teams that means only 36 rbs will be rostered total.  You’ll be able to find them on the wire

TripleThreat said:

Assuming 12 teams that means only 36 rbs will be rostered total.  You’ll be able to find them on the wire
While I agree with Skeletore I would also expect the top 2 tiers to come with a premium.  League specifics and personality types play into it much more then with a snake but playing it down the middle the premium would be a fair assumption imo.

My first year doing an auction redraft. Any advice for good places to run mocks? I’ve used the FBG app a dozen times to mock but I’d love a different "POV" from another app/site. The yahoo mock was a joke. Just me and 11 computer players late at night and I quit when I got Chris Carson for $2. 

My first year doing an auction redraft. Any advice for good places to run mocks? I’ve used the FBG app a dozen times to mock but I’d love a different "POV" from another app/site. The yahoo mock was a joke. Just me and 11 computer players late at night and I quit when I got Chris Carson for $2. 
Unfortunately, no. The best way to "mock" an auction is using historical data from the league.....which you don't have. 

Even the values in Draft Dominator are not very accurate when comparing to actual results. 

Also, you can do 10 auctions in a row with the same owners and I guarantee the values will vary every single time. It's all about who is nominated in what order.

Good luck. Don't stress. Take a breath. Value will appear. Don't be afraid to get a guy you want. 

Unfortunately, no. The best way to "mock" an auction is using historical data from the league.....which you don't have. 

Even the values in Draft Dominator are not very accurate when comparing to actual results. 

Also, you can do 10 auctions in a row with the same owners and I guarantee the values will vary every single time. It's all about who is nominated in what order.

Good luck. Don't stress. Take a breath. Value will appear. Don't be afraid to get a guy you want. 
Great advise and 100% accurate imo.  And all of these reasons are also what make auctions great. They each have a life of their own and each present their own challenges.  

So far:

Montgomery 24

Kamara 15 (my one keeper)

Julio 52

Adams 52

James White 11

Out of 200 budget

Cam 7 Lamar Jackson 2 (This is a 6pt per passing TD league. Mahomes went for 44)

Damien Harris 1 (The only other RB I took. I effed up here)

Sutton 3, Metcalf 3, MVS 4, Moncrief 1

McDonald 2, Andrews 1, Ebron 1

Bears 10 (Because I effed up on RB)

Butker 3

Leftover balance 8 (I have never had more than like 1 or 2, but the bidding was tame tonight)

I think my team can be elite but I need to hit the waivers and/or trade for another RB or two. Glaring weakness. I went into this draft with a plan that I executed except for a better 3rd RB than White. I intended to mostly start 3 RBs but I will likely start a 3rd WR most weeks. Depending on how White is looking out there. It is 0.5 PPR and we start QRRWWTFKD.

I hate using ESPN for auction leagues because their system defaults to auto-bid anytime a player is offline. And since their server is so unreliable, people can get disconnected several times throughout the course of an auction.

I butchered (f---up) an auction 4 days ago.  Spent too much too early & watched guys I liked being bought for $3.00.   I'm still in mourning knowing this is my team for the next 3 months.  Will post my team & prices when I'm through grieving.  A few days.

Barkley goes for $77 while Marlon Mack costs $22. I don't feel like Barkley is 3.5x more valuable than Mack. If you plotted auction price vs redraft ADP,  you'd find an extremely logarithmic tendency. I agree this is true, just not such an extent. So I usually end up with a bunch of RB2s and WR2s.

I also notice sometimes too many players cost $1, a lot of TEs and QBs for instance. Translating from snake to auction, everybody after round 9 or 10 costs a buck. I learned from my last draft by making the mistake of spending $53 on Kelce. Not to say he's not worth it, but that money is better spent elsewhere when you can have the combination of Mark Andrews and Vance McDonald for $2.

Barkley goes for $77 while Marlon Mack costs $22. I don't feel like Barkley is 3.5x more valuable than Mack. If you plotted auction price vs redraft ADP,  you'd find an extremely logarithmic tendency. I agree this is true, just not such an extent. So I usually end up with a bunch of RB2s and WR2s.

I also notice sometimes too many players cost $1, a lot of TEs and QBs for instance. Translating from snake to auction, everybody after round 9 or 10 costs a buck. I learned from my last draft by making the mistake of spending $53 on Kelce. Not to say he's not worth it, but that money is better spent elsewhere when you can have the combination of Mark Andrews and Vance McDonald for $2.
You have to spend the money somewhere.  The strategy you are defining sounds like a team that will finish middle of the road.  The way I look at it is this.  What are the odds I can find someone who can replace that level of production on the waiver wire?  For a guy like Barkley or Kelce, it is basically zero.  Guys like Mack, Andrews, McDonald, etc. can be found on the waiver wire or later in the draft every year.  I will almost always fill my roster with 3-4 studs and the rest will be filled with guys in the $1-10 range as I’m confident I can fill the rest of my roster out as the year goes on.  

You have to spend the money somewhere.  The strategy you are defining sounds like a team that will finish middle of the road.  The way I look at it is this.  What are the odds I can find someone who can replace that level of production on the waiver wire?  For a guy like Barkley or Kelce, it is basically zero.  Guys like Mack, Andrews, McDonald, etc. can be found on the waiver wire or later in the draft every year.  I will almost always fill my roster with 3-4 studs and the rest will be filled with guys in the $1-10 range as I’m confident I can fill the rest of my roster out as the year goes on.  
Same. 

I hate using ESPN for auction leagues because their system defaults to auto-bid anytime a player is offline. And since their server is so unreliable, people can get disconnected several times throughout the course of an auction.
yeah we had a couple hiccups last night but it went pretty smooth. we've been using it for years and it seems like some people have issues and some don't. hard to say if that is because people's computers suck or if it is espn.

It's not really about using your budget vs. not using it. I definitely advocate using all your money. How though? Is it better to get a couple 1st rounders, or a few 3rd-6th rounders? You can get about 2 3rds for the price of a 1st. The combination of Fournette + Mack compared to Barkley + Gore.

I don't think its as easy to replace a Devonta Freeman or Kerryon Johnson on the waiver as you suggest. Maybe a couple pick ups will outscore them, but it's a wild assumption that you'll definitely be the one to make the pick up. It's a false choice as well, because you have an equal chance nabbing the hot hand no matter how you spent your auction budget at the draft.

Watson went for $29 in my $350 salary cap league.

Color me astounded

This.

really wish they’d at least give it X amount of minutes or X amount of players drafted before going into super aggressive autobid mode.

I’ve never done an auction on Yahoo, how does their autobid system work? Does it turn on as soon as a person loses connection toon and Is it also really aggressive with bids? 

I butchered (f---up) an auction 4 days ago.  Spent too much too early & watched guys I liked being bought for $3.00.   I'm still in mourning knowing this is my team for the next 3 months.  Will post my team & prices when I'm through grieving.  A few days.
12 team, PPR, 4 pt passing TD,  standard starting requirements with 1 flex, draft 16 players.

Zeke $49

Michel $19

Le. McCoy $6 (this before being signed by KC)

A. Peterson $2

Da. Harris $2

Evans $42

K. Allen $35

Edelman $30

Coutee $1

Goodwin $3

Deebo Samuel $2

Fant $1

D. Waller $1

Lutz $2

Rams $2

Cam Newton $2

My core players are pretty good but after that it's junk.   I'm one injury away from from the throw up zone IMO.  Just no depth at all.  Waivers run this week, will drop Harris for C. Thompson & Samuel for C. Beasley.

12 team, PPR, 4 pt passing TD,  standard starting requirements with 1 flex, draft 16 players.
I like the team if Zeke's back. Michel/AP are guys I've avoid in PPR but I like that you cuffed with Harris. All it'll take is an injury (Michel or White) to boost values.

You have Harris if Michel injured. Goodwin's a WR I have on every team (starter/past great success with Jimmy G/lackluster camp by Pettis). I like Samuel for same reason (Reviews on Pettis haven't been good this preseason). I'm confident that at least 1 viable fantasy WR emerges with Jimmy G.

I'm not crazy about rostering 2 TE personally and see more potential with Deebo. You can give it a week but if Guice is actually getting more carries than AP, AP's useless and I question how long he'll even be active if the case. I've just avoided all Redskins. If rostering one RB there, it'd probably be Thompson for PPR. Coutee value is suspect IMO with addition of Stills and he may be injured (going off memory and own zero shares of him)

I like the team if Zeke's back. Michel/AP are guys I've avoid in PPR but I like that you cuffed with Harris. All it'll take is an injury (Michel or White) to boost values.

You have Harris if Michel injured. Goodwin's a WR I have on every team (starter/past great success with Jimmy G/lackluster camp by Pettis). I like Samuel for same reason (Reviews on Pettis haven't been good this preseason). I'm confident that at least 1 viable fantasy WR emerges with Jimmy G.

I'm not crazy about rostering 2 TE personally and see more potential with Deebo. You can give it a week but if Guice is actually getting more carries than AP, AP's useless and I question how long he'll even be active if the case. I've just avoided all Redskins. If rostering one RB there, it'd probably be Thompson for PPR. Coutee value is suspect IMO with addition of Stills and he may be injured (going off memory and own zero shares of him)
thanx.   Think I'm going to cut bait by dropping AP & adding someone.  Apparently the running game is going through Guice according to the coach.   That team really can't support much of anyone for fantasy value.  IMO

One strategy that I employed in my auction yesterday ($200 budget, 0.5 ppr, 4 pts TD thrown; standard starting requirements) was to lock up the Cowboys backfield as cheaply as possible. Keep in mind, that with today's news, it may not be as effective.

I nominated Tony Pollard before Zeke was nominated. I overpaid for Pollard by bidding $13. BUT because of the uncertainty of Zeke's availability, and because Pollard was already locked up, I was able to grab Zeke for $38.

In this league, Saquon, Kamara, and McCaffrey went for $70, $71, and $65, respectively.

It was a risk, but seemed to work out pretty well.

One strategy that I employed in my auction yesterday ($200 budget, 0.5 ppr, 4 pts TD thrown; standard starting requirements) was to lock up the Cowboys backfield as cheaply as possible. Keep in mind, that with today's news, it may not be as effective.

I nominated Tony Pollard before Zeke was nominated. I overpaid for Pollard by bidding $13. BUT because of the uncertainty of Zeke's availability, and because Pollard was already locked up, I was able to grab Zeke for $38.

In this league, Saquon, Kamara, and McCaffrey went for $70, $71, and $65, respectively.

how many teams & how big is your roster?

great work.  you basically got Zeke for $51 is the way I look at it.  Compared to the top 3 you mentioned you stole him provided he shows up in the next 3 weeks.

how many teams & how big is your roster?
10 Team League, roster is pretty shallow with 15 roster spots: start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 DEF, 5 BN

The league tends to overvalue the studs, and there are bargains to be had in the low end WR2 - WR4 range and low end RB2 - RB4 range. But I knew that I had to grab a stud RB for as cheap as possible and then grab value as it fell to me.

As many have stated before, knowing the drafting habits of your league mates is very important when approaching the draft and where value can be found.

i'm definitely more comfortable with auctions having done a few leagues every year (basket case at first)

I never get the Top Tier player, but i also spend 90-95% on my starting lineup since benches are small and can round out roster with $1 fliers.

I budget a dollar amount for each position and adjust on the fly. Got caught price enforcing Brady last year, so hopefully learned that lesson (wouldn't be so bad for RB/WR and maybe TE for Top 6).

It helps to familiarize the web sites expected $ for players you want to target and be willing to go a little over if those players get nominated early. The leagues i'm in are Yahoo and rarely do they go over the expected

Your first rule of “know your league” is critical.  I just did an auction tonight where I know that QBs (at 4 pt TDs) are way overvalued (Mahomes went for $50, Watson $27, Rodgers $25, and we ran the Patriots fanatic to $21 on Brady).  Because of this, I decided to punt QB and TE, target a few guys late for cheap, and spend my money at WR.  

QB - Winston $2

RB - Carson $27, Gordon $16, Murray $18, Peterson $1

WR - Hopkins $60, Adams $57, DJ Moore $11, Watkins $1

TE - Waller $1, Gronk $1 (just to see if I could get Pats guy to go $2 at the end)

PK - Rosas $1 - streaming vs DAL wk 1

DT - Jets $1 - streaming vs MIA wk 1

I spent a couple of bucks too much early on Carson, but he was a target.  Gordon will be value even if he plays just half a season.  If he gets traded, I may win the league on that pick alone.  The league obviously has short benches, so keeping vigilant on the waiver wire will make this team better as the year progresses.

BTW, the rate my team app puts this team at 99/95/80 to make the playoffs.  And I didn’t use FBG valuations.

Exactly right. I'm going into tonight with Chubb ($5) and probably Kerryon Johnson ($16).  I'll basically walk in with the intent to spend up to $130 on a RB1/WR1 combo.  If I fail, I will mix in Kelce and more mid round types.

Exactly right. I'm going into tonight with Chubb ($5) and probably Kerryon Johnson ($16).  I'll basically walk in with the intent to spend up to $130 on a RB1/WR1 combo.  If I fail, I will mix in Kelce and more mid round types.
Good luck to you tonight🍹.   My local league has 1/2 of a PUB for our draft tonight.   Starts at 7:00 PM but everyone will be there by 5:30.  It's usually a pretty wild ride.  A lot of Viking's fans so Cook will go for $60.   Came out of it one year with 1 RB.   I had to add Blount for NE the next day as he went undrafted.  That was the year he had about 15 td's.  I was stupid at that draft but lucky in the add/drop.

Users who are viewing this thread