What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking - Andrew Luck to retire (1 Viewer)

The point I'm trying to make is for a QB to not even hit the age of 30 and already deciding to call it a career is absurd.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again: He's not even 30 yet!  For QBs, they usually reach the prime of their careers when they before the age of 30.  I know he's been injured, but he still had plenty of good years left.  Look at how Peyton Manning's career turned out.  Come to think of it, Peyton's just the guy to try to talk some sense into Andrew Luck.

Remember when the Colts drafted Andrew Luck to be the successor to Peyton Manning?  I really hope Peyton still has connections with the Colts and try to get through to Andrew Luck that he's leaving a lot of Colts fans befuddled with this abrupt "retirement."
Not sure why you keep going back to his age- that has nothing to do with it

Drafted Campbell in almost every rookie draft over Deebo...had I of known this was coming...no way I would have done that. Ughh.  :bag:

The only thing poor form about this is that people bought season tickets on the assumption that Luck would be the QB.

But nobody is obligated to perform work they don't want to do.
i don't know about indy but the waiting list for season tickets is pretty long for most teams i thought?

Obviously any good HR rep will tell everyone to wish him the best on all his future endeavours but fans who got six seasons from their franchise QB before he retires at 29 aren't entitled to be even a little miffed? Ummm okay...
Entitlement.  Great word.

You're right of course.  Luck should be publicly flogged.  Little children should throw eggs at him when he walks down the street.  How dare he?

Luck is smarter than your average guy. Maybe he’s had struggles with pain management like Favre and didn’t want to be reliant on pain killers forever. Who knows. There’s probably more to the story here and it’s really none of anyone else’s business. I get fans being upset about the timing, but to boo him off the field is beyond ridiculous. 

No. There's a thing called hope. Those fans have been supporting this team for the past few years with the hope that Luck will lead this team to a Super Bowl. And now, that hope is over.
if your life is that tied into a game...you need a little help.  He's a grown man who owes them nothing making a decision about playing a game that he could potentially get very hurt in.  His decision, he owes them nothing

Pretty spot on-

@mikefreemanNFL: Past decisions of the Colts to not draft any ####### linemen ruined one of the best quarterback prospects of his generation.
Russell Wilson has dealt with that crap for years. Amazingly he’s avoided injury. 

Russell Wilson has dealt with that crap for years. Amazingly he’s avoided injury. 
he's so good at avoiding the big hit...it took awhile for people to hit cam newton too but now that he's just a tad slower his career is over.

As much as the NFL has A QB problem it has a quality offensive lineman problem. All big athletes would rather play on the defensive side of the ball.
for sure and with all the concussion stuff coming to light, nobody wants to take hits like that if they have any brain cells left.

No. There's a thing called hope. Those fans have been supporting this team for the past few years with the hope that Luck will lead this team to a Super Bowl. And now, that hope is over.
I dunno how you feel about the booing   But man them Fans been flat out blessed by the football gods for YEARS   

Entitlement.  Great word.

You're right of course.  Luck should be publicly flogged.  Little children should throw eggs at him when he walks down the street.  How dare he?
I'm not suggesting he's not doing the right thing for him or isn't entitled to retire. I'm just reacting to suggestions that Colts fans who don't respond with stoic support are horrible people. The two things aren't mutually exclusive.

The point I'm trying to make is for a QB to not even hit the age of 30 and already deciding to call it a career is absurd.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again: He's not even 30 yet!  For QBs, they usually reach the prime of their careers when they before the age of 30.  I know he's been injured, but he still had plenty of good years left.  Look at how Peyton Manning's career turned out.  Come to think of it, Peyton's just the guy to try to talk some sense into Andrew Luck.

Remember when the Colts drafted Andrew Luck to be the successor to Peyton Manning?  I really hope Peyton still has connections with the Colts and try to get through to Andrew Luck that he's leaving a lot of Colts fans befuddled with this abrupt "retirement."
Solid schtick here.

Luck is smarter than your average guy. Maybe he’s had struggles with pain management like Favre and didn’t want to be reliant on pain killers forever. Who knows. There’s probably more to the story here and it’s really none of anyone else’s business. I get fans being upset about the timing, but to boo him off the field is beyond ridiculous. 
Yeah   IF nothing important is actually broken  Numb it and kill it like it ain't even there   I could almost see the man getting ribbed for working through somethings too   "Oh here we go  Let's not do this again   We both know you will play IF DR's give us the green light"

This seems like as good as time as any to break my 9 year lurking streak on this board. 

I'm stunned and bummed out. But not a chance in hell I would've booed the guy if I was at that game tonight. Or any other night for that matter. He was fun to watch, played hard and he owes me nothing. I can't blame him for not wanting to potentially spend another year rehabbing. If I was 30 years old and had that kind of scratch, with a degree from Stanford, I'd probably do the same.

I've suffered through Jack Trudeau, Jeff George and Curtis Painter. (With an all-timer mixed in there somewhere). It could be worse than Brissett.

I wish him the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not suggesting he's not doing the right thing for him or isn't entitled to retire. I'm just reacting to suggestions that Colts fans who don't respond with stoic support are horrible people. The two things aren't mutually exclusive.
They booed him off the field dude.

Next time you’ll see him is an IG post of the epic James Harden beard he grew while backpacking through Europe with his wife.

Wish him the best.

He didn't deserve to be booed, for sure.   Football is not a vacuum. The things going on with his wife, alone, are more than enough to justify an educated, wealthy young man to say that there are more important things in life and be right about it.  I am sad to lose a great talent but I support and applaud his decision. 

Here's what to me is another interesting point which could be right or wrong because I ain't really tried too hard to think about the subject   Quite a few of the "Pocket Passer's" should probably be considering retirement soon   Will we have any such legit QB's?   Makes me kind of consider that Simba has even better odds 

btw Not talking smack about mobile QB's  Think it just involves more risk that they potentially cant put on a show worth watching

Users who are viewing this thread