What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Car problem/ legal ? (1 Viewer)

bucksoh

Footballguy
So have a van where we took it to a mechanic to get fixed.  1st time $600 get it back still doesn't work.  Take it back he has it over a week says it's the condenser.     So I ask when getting back he said he injured his back And can't put it in.    So I install it so we can have some air.  Get charged over $200 for the part.  So now it has AC for 30 minutes then goes away.  

Live with it for a while but decide to take it to another mechanic to fix.  He changes out the compressor and condenser and charged the system.  Charged $1800 and change.  Drive it still does the same thing AC works for 30 minutes then goes away.

My question is there any legal action that can be done?   This is has crooked as crooked gets.  I have no way of knowing if they even did anything cause it still is having the same problems.  Taking it back to him Monday but not holding my breath that they'll be able to fix it.  TIA.

And if any mechanic has any clues it would be really helpful.  Thanks!

So have a van where we took it to a mechanic to get fixed.  1st time $600 get it back still doesn't work.  Take it back he has it over a week says it's the condenser.     So I ask when getting back he said he injured his back And can't put it in.    So I install it so we can have some air.  Get charged over $200 for the part.  So now it has AC for 30 minutes then goes away.  

Live with it for a while but decide to take it to another mechanic to fix.  He changes out the compressor and condenser and charged the system.  Charged $1800 and change.  Drive it still does the same thing AC works for 30 minutes then goes away.

My question is there any legal action that can be done?   This is has crooked as crooked gets.  I have no way of knowing if they even did anything cause it still is having the same problems.  Taking it back to him Monday but not holding my breath that they'll be able to fix it.  TIA.

And if any mechanic has any clues it would be really helpful.  Thanks!
That is either a seriously nicer van much different than the mental image most people think of OR some serious poor judgement spending that amount of coin trying to fix an AC unit on. 

I am curious to know which it is but it is indeed tragic either way.🚐 😞 

My $.02: You have $2,000 into it  I would not pay him future labor. If ac does not work after this week have an attorney send a letter stating you are taking him to small claims court for at least $1500 and would he rather keep this private and out of court records...settle at $1300, eat your loss, and bring to the dealer. 

Since he recharged & it worked for 30 minutes I can't help but wonder if there is a refrigerant leak and this could have been fixed for much less. I'm not a mechanic. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread