What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Barkley a done deal at 1.01??? I want to take (1 Viewer)

T.J.

Footballguy
McCaffrey!! And to be honest I would rather have Kamara over Barkley! Talk me out of this please, or shed some light on the Barkley case at first overall! My draft is tonight and I have the first overall! Am i overthinking this? Damn id rather have the 3rd pick and just take whoever falls to me! Any help would be apprecitated

PPR I’d consider McCaffery.  Standard I’d stay Barkley.
This.  I saw McCaffery go 1st overall in about 50% of drafts this past weekend at a live event over 20+ drafts (all three of the ones I was in).  Its not even remotely crazy in PPR.

Take who you like. The top 3 are pretty interchangeable. Zeke too if he signs. 

Whichever of the 4 you want to root for. 

In my PPR yesterday I was 100% prepared to grab CMC if I landed the 1.01-1.02

sadly, I did not. 
where did you end up?

I ended up at 1.01 - don't like that spot at all

Anyone seen Kamara go 1.01, just out of curiosity? Or anyone else besides Barkley and McCaffery?
Honestly from that spot just take who you want to watch. I enjoy watching the Saints a lot more than the Giants or Panthers - they’re a fun team & I like watching Brees play.  In my dynasty start-up I went with Kamara as my RB1. He was a little cheaper than CMC & Barkley, but that isn’t why I wanted him. 

I could see taking him 1.01 for any reason since the top 3-4 are all about equal in projected value. 

can you talk to the 1.3 guy and trade down?   Even if its a just swap of picks in some other round or two to benefit you, its something anyways.

I have the 1.1 on Wed night in my big league and I'm going Barkley, PPR. Trying not to overthink it, taking the most talented guy. I'm sure CMC will be great, and is probably a bit safer, but I want as much upside as I can get with the 1st overall pick, and I don't think CMC duplicates his numbers from last year. 

LoL.  I don't want to hijack the post either but I have the 8 spot also.  You said you liked your draft.  Which way did you end up going?  
It’s a little tricky since it’s IDP, but that only really helped my 6th pick since only 1 IDP-er went in that span (Leonard 6.04, 1 pick before me 😡

i ended up going WR/WR/WR. It’s just how things broke. 

1.08 Adams 

2.05 TyHill 

3.08 Amari Cooper

4.05 Carson

5.08 Montgomery

6.05 Lockett, who fell way too far. 

7.08 Van der Esch

8.05 Evan Engram was only a steal here since the run on elite IDP started. ADP goes out the window. 

9.08 L.Murray 

The only other way I could have played this IMO is with hindsight as a benefit.

If I knew I’d get Lockett in the 6th (which I never would have guessed) I could have taken Adams/Hill/Freeman, then Carson & dMonty with Lockett as my WR3.

but

1. I only know that because Lockett fell, which I wouldn’t have known before he did. 

2. My WR depth would have been really really rough in the trade-off because after Lockett all the RB-heavy teams at the top of the draft went WR desperation crazy reaching for guys.

3. I woulda had such confidence in my RBs that I wouldn’t have stacked up on lotto tickets, and I like having Singletary, Dion Lewis, Thompson & Ronald Jones. 

Anyway, that’s all a :hijacked:

back to your regularly scheduled topic. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I took CMC 1.01 last week.  I live in the Charlotte area so that was a small motivator but I just see less risk and similar upside to Barkley and Kamara.

I took CMC 1.01 last week.  I live in the Charlotte area so that was a small motivator but I just see less risk and similar upside to Barkley and Kamara.
And you get to root for your team, which is a fantastic tiebreaker. 

You’d feel dirty rooting for Kamara / Saints all year. ;)  

why do you see less risk?  genuinely curious, as I have the 1.2 in a standard league and have been trying to parse these 3.

I just took CMC at 1.01 in my PPR redraft high performance scoring league. He is almost interchangeable with Barkley and Kamara IMO, and honestly, I would have rather had Kamara than Barkley too. You're splitting hairs. You could easily talk yourself into or out of taking any of them with 1.01. No one has a definitive answer. Just take whoever you like best. The most important picks for the 1 slot are the turns at 2/3 and 4/5 anyway. 

I've got the 1.01 in a 10-team non-PPR tomorrow and I'm planning on taking Kamara with it.  I just worry about Barkley facing stacked boxes all dang year while Eli sucks or Jones learns on the fly

why do you see less risk?  genuinely curious, as I have the 1.2 in a standard league and have been trying to parse these 3.
I think the Panther offense has more versatility than the Giants' which could give CMC a little more room to roam than Barkley.  Its possible, though not likely based on last year, that Barkley could be slowed down a bit in that offense.  Neither are injury risks so not much to go on there.  To be honest, a lot of it is gut feel.  I had CMC last year and live in the Charlotte area so have watched everything he's done pretty much.  I feel a lot of confidence riding him.

CMC got a million snaps last season which should go down, Kamara is always a part of a rbbc.  Barkley is the giants offense and probably the most exciting one of the bunch - not to mention the only rb I've ever seen take a negative ten yard play where his entire offense failed him and turn it into a touchdown.

Had 1.1 last night and didn't take a second thought.  I hate the giants too.

In another we drew #1. I thought it was a slam dunk take Barkley. I mean he is a stud RB fun to watch. But, I don't care for the Giants. I have enough pain with the Lions lol. I don't care for the Panthers either. I do like watching Kamara and the Saints. I may have just come to my decision because of this thread.

Trying to trade down to 3.

McCaffrey!! And to be honest I would rather have Kamara over Barkley! Talk me out of this please, or shed some light on the Barkley case at first overall! My draft is tonight and I have the first overall! Am i overthinking this? Damn id rather have the 3rd pick and just take whoever falls to me! Any help would be apprecitated
Drafting a RB on a team with a mediocre/bad OL and only projected to win five games usually ends up bad.

I dig what people are saying about the Giants' offense, but wasn't Barkley essentially facing the same situation last year?  And they upgraded the OL a bit (still not great, of course).  I guess no OBJ is the X factor in terms of the defenses closing in even more on Saquon?

I dig what people are saying about the Giants' offense, but wasn't Barkley essentially facing the same situation last year?  And they upgraded the OL a bit (still not great, of course).  I guess no OBJ is the X factor in terms of the defenses closing in even more on Saquon?
LB Larry, what do think Belicheck would do to game plan against the Giants?

there's a story on thehuddle.com about change of strength of schedule from 2018 to 2019. Giants played pretty much the hardest run schedule last season,and Barkley killed it.

now, for 2019, the numbers show that they play the 2nd easiest schedule, a tremendous jump in stats. so just imagine Barkley with an EASY schedule! and if you haven't watched the giants offense yet, they look crisp as hell in preseason, Daniel Jones is legit or at least looks the part, the o-line is blowing people off the LOS. Will Hernandez is a one man wrecking crew. NYG are going to surprise people this year, this is NOT a 4-6 win team .they'll be fighting for the playoffs, probably 9-7 maybe 10-6 if things go their way.the defensive line also looks improved. dont sleep on the G-men!

there's a story on thehuddle.com about change of strength of schedule from 2018 to 2019. Giants played pretty much the hardest run schedule last season,and Barkley killed it.

now, for 2019, the numbers show that they play the 2nd easiest schedule, a tremendous jump in stats. so just imagine Barkley with an EASY schedule! and if you haven't watched the giants offense yet, they look crisp as hell in preseason, Daniel Jones is legit or at least looks the part, the o-line is blowing people off the LOS. Will Hernandez is a one man wrecking crew. NYG are going to surprise people this year, this is NOT a 4-6 win team .they'll be fighting for the playoffs, probably 9-7 maybe 10-6 if things go their way.the defensive line also looks improved. dont sleep on the G-men!
If you seriously think they are winning nine or 10 games, you should take your life savings and bet it on their over for season wins.

Thank you for your contribution, Mr. Shurmur.  I will take this under advisement. 😉

There's Barkley and then there is everyone else ... 2000 yd rusher potential, 1000 and 1000 potential,  Yds from Scrimmage Record potential.

I believe Barkley will accomplish at least 2 of these 3 milestones in the next few seasons .... he's that good   

Whatever it is you're huffing, I think it's time you had an intervention. My father in law is a diehard nyg lifer and even he knows that this is a rebuild.

Users who are viewing this thread