What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How Will The Colts Do In 2019? (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
Here is the Colts schedule for the upcoming season . . .
@ LAC, @ TEN, ATL, OAK, @ KCC, Bye, HOU, DEN, @ PIT, MIA, JAC, @ HOU, TEN, @ TBB, @ NOS, CAR, @ JAC

What do people think their record will be and what are their post season chances with Luck retiring?

I think they can flirt with 9-7. They are building a solid defense in Indy and that O Line is no joke.

Playoff team. Only team in NFL with all starters (before Luck retirement) on both sides returning, a team that went 9-1 down the stretch last season. Brissett has taken every 1st team snap this off-season. Had only 5 days to prepare for the season 2 years ago. This time around he got to sit and learn for an entire year from Reich while watching Luck. Better coaching staff, much better o-line this time around, an o-line that gave up the fewest sacks in NFL last year. LOVE them week 1 getting 7 points @ the Chargers who are dealing with injuries to key guys and a pretty important holdout. Everyone buried this team on Saturday night. It'll be an "us against the world" game for them that will carry them into the rest of the season.

@ LAC, @ TEN, ATL, OAK, @ KCC, Bye, HOU, DEN, @ PIT, MIA, JAC, @ HOU, TEN, @ TBB, @ NOS, CAR, @ JAC

What do people think their record will be and what are their post season chances with Luck retiring?
I have 6-10 or 7-9.

If they flip flopped their home / away schedule, they would have a much easier go at it. It’s conceivable they may only get one or two road wins. 

If they flip flopped their home / away schedule, they would have a much easier go at it. It’s conceivable they may only get one or two road wins. 
While I like their defense, I fear breakdowns due to overuse if Brissett can’t sustain drives. 

If they can keep games close they have a chance. They can play conservatively, run the ball, slow the game down.

but if they get tired & down a couple of scores I don’t see Brissett putting a team in his back & coming from behind to win very often. 

So I’d put any game they fall behind say, 14 points in as a likely loss.  

With what little we think we know before the games start, I can't see them beating @LAC, ATL, @KCC, @PIT, @NOS, CAR. Should win against OAK & MIA. DEN & @TBB maybe split. That leaves division games and while the division is weak both Tenn & Jax improved on paper this offseason. HOU made the playoffs last year but struggled against Indy losing 2 out of the 3 including playoffs. I would say 3~4 division wins there putting them around 6-10 to 8-8.

I think some of this teams success last year hinged on a very weak schedule (like Houston) and they were due to come back to earth a little even with Luck.

OK, as a Colts fan I'll try not to overestimate this.  This is what I truly believe.  The Colts OL and overall team is a lot better than 2017 when Brissett last started, so I believe he will fair better as a starter.  My personal belief is that Chad Kelly is better, but I do believe Brissett can do well with this team if he doesn't try to do too much.  This is a team that can win 10 games with the right game manager that can make some big plays when needed.  Having said that, if I was an odds maker I would say the over/under is 9 wins.

With what little we think we know before the games start, I can't see them beating @LAC, ATL, @KCC, @PIT, @NOS, CAR. Should win against OAK & MIA. DEN & @TBB maybe split. That leaves division games and while the division is weak both Tenn & Jax improved on paper this offseason. HOU made the playoffs last year but struggled against Indy losing 2 out of the 3 including playoffs. I would say 3~4 division wins there putting them around 6-10 to 8-8.

I think some of this teams success last year hinged on a very weak schedule (like Houston) and they were due to come back to earth a little even with Luck.
They still might be the best team in the division.....Hou is at 8.5 o/u wins, Ten and Jax are both at 8.  I wouldn't be surprised if Ind won the division and Hou finished last

Bold are what I'll predict as wins, 5. They'll probably pull out a few others and lose 1 they should win. 7-9, finally stuck in mediocrity with an average QB

8-8

Just about every podcast i listened to today all said the same thing.  The colts are in the worst possible spot.  Brissett is good enough as a back up and will win just enough to keep them drafting in the teens while they squander the roster and cap space that made them in such a good position with luck.  Plus Brissett is a FA and they are probably going to have to overpay him because bounty its going to take for a team to move off of Tua or Herbert is going to be more than anyone can stomach.  Moving from say 10-15 to 1 or 2 is going to take like 5 total number one picks or something nuts like that.

They still might be the best team in the division.....Hou is at 8.5 o/u wins, Ten and Jax are both at 8.  I wouldn't be surprised if Ind won the division and Hou finished last
Might, but much more likely (IMHO) to be the last team in what I see as the most equal division. Thought that before luck retired but that he'd put them on top. 

8-8

Just about every podcast i listened to today all said the same thing.  The colts are in the worst possible spot.  Brissett is good enough as a back up and will win just enough to keep them drafting in the teens while they squander the roster and cap space that made them in such a good position with luck.  Plus Brissett is a FA and they are probably going to have to overpay him because bounty its going to take for a team to move off of Tua or Herbert is going to be more than anyone can stomach.  Moving from say 10-15 to 1 or 2 is going to take like 5 total number one picks or something nuts like that.
I posted in one of the Luck threads that of the leagues starting QB’s, half of them were taken after pick 15. Of the 8 current QB’s in the league that have won the Super Bowl, the only one that was a Top 10 pick was Eli.

8-8

Welcome to NFL purgatory.  Not much unlike I'd hope the Patriots become after BB and Brady hang it up.

Reich is good enough, I think, that they'll be okay. 

I posted in one of the Luck threads that of the leagues starting QB’s, half of them were taken after pick 15. Of the 8 current QB’s in the league that have won the Super Bowl, the only one that was a Top 10 pick was Eli.
Obviously brady would skew it but I would love to see the W-L breakdown between the 2.

They will be to good for that and just not good enough to make the playoffs.....    6-10 or 7-9 imo
This is my take as well.  The Colts are loaded with talent, and while they won't win as many as they would have with Luck, Brissett should be solid and they will gut out 6-7 wins. 

@ LAC - L

@ TEN - W

ATL - L

OAK - W

@ KCC - L (beat so bad it’ll count for 2)

Bye, 

HOU, - W

DEN - L

@ PIT - L

MIA - W

JAC - L

@ HOU - L

TEN - W

@ TBB - W

@ NOS - L

CAR - L

@ JAC - L 

there’s 6 wins

with the right bounces, they win 2 more with defense.  :shrug:

8-8 does sound right.

As for the draft remember that fromm is out there too and he's higher rated than Jones and Haskins from this year.

Best overall team/roster maybe but worst QB of the four, and I think very little of Mariota. They beat only 3 teams last year with winning records and two of them were in their own division. They feasted on weak teams and don’t get that luxury this year. This division will be a mess, Jax has potentially a big upgrade at QB and still a stout defense, Titans were a borderline playoff team and addressed a lot of weaknesses on paper and improved their OC, Hou is weak but still won the division last year and has the best QB if he can stay healthy behind their patchwork line. The division winner will probably have a 9-7 or 8-8 record this year unless something comes together in a big way for one of these teams we aren’t predicting.

Best overall team/roster maybe but worst QB of the four, and I think very little of Mariota. They beat only 3 teams last year with winning records and two of them were in their own division. They feasted on weak teams and don’t get that luxury this year. This division will be a mess, Jax has potentially a big upgrade at QB and still a stout defense, Titans were a borderline playoff team and addressed a lot of weaknesses on paper and improved their OC, Hou is weak but still won the division last year and has the best QB if he can stay healthy behind their patchwork line. The division winner will probably have a 9-7 or 8-8 record this year unless something comes together in a big way for one of these teams we aren’t predicting.
The division is wide open for sure.  I'm fading Houston pretty hard though.   It's hard to overcome a bad O line.

This isn’t all of a sudden the worst team in football. They’ll play a lot of close, lower scoring type games and could still win 9 or 10 games with this roster. 

Playoff team. Only team in NFL with all starters (before Luck retirement) on both sides returning, a team that went 9-1 down the stretch last season. Brissett has taken every 1st team snap this off-season. Had only 5 days to prepare for the season 2 years ago. This time around he got to sit and learn for an entire year from Reich while watching Luck. Better coaching staff, much better o-line this time around, an o-line that gave up the fewest sacks in NFL last year. LOVE them week 1 getting 7 points @ the Chargers who are dealing with injuries to key guys and a pretty important holdout. Everyone buried this team on Saturday night. It'll be an "us against the world" game for them that will carry them into the rest of the season.
1-4 going into their bye week is a real possibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
big ben was pick 11 iirc...wait

...whats your point?

4 win team without luck and jacoby playing

They have a good, solid team but that schedule looks tough to me, plus they gut punched in the gut. 6-10.

Put me down for 7 wins.  Maybe 8.  They're not near bad enough to get the #1 overall pick, I don't know why people keep suggesting they tank.  Also don't understand how so many people think Lawrence is coming out next year.

big ben was pick 11 iirc...wait

...whats your point?
A couple of people mentioned that the Colts would be in limbo and would not be able to land a franchise QB because they won’t be bad enough to get a Top 10 draft pick. I posted where all the starting QB’s in the league were drafted, and roughly half were Top 10 picks. 

The point was that not every team had an early pick that they used to find their QB. 

A couple of people mentioned that the Colts would be in limbo and would not be able to land a franchise QB because they won’t be bad enough to get a Top 10 draft pick. I posted where all the starting QB’s in the league were drafted, and roughly half were Top 10 picks. 

The point was that not every team had an early pick that they used to find their QB. 
Scanning through the rosters, with the exceptions of Rodgers, Brady and brees it sure appears on the surface the closer to the top 10is you can get the better the qb seems.

Top qbs in the league:Stafford, Ryan, Cam, Mahoomes, watson, Rivers, Luck, Ben, Mayfield,  Brady (obviously not top 10), Rodgers (First round but unique situation),  Wilson (yeah he breaks the mold)

Point being is that if I needed a qb I would much rather have a top 10 pick then trying to get one later in the draft.  Especially in the next 2 years as there seem to be a few really really good ones on deck. 

On a side note: the scramble to tank games next season for Lawrence is going to be really funny to see how teams do this

I saw something on ESPN that Brock Osweiler is visiting the Colts today.  If they sign Brock Osweiler and start him Week 1, they're guaranteed to finish last in the division.

I saw something on ESPN that Brock Osweiler is visiting the Colts today.  If they sign Brock Osweiler and start him Week 1, they're guaranteed to finish last in the division.
What would make you think they would start Brock Osweiler if they sign him?

If Jacoby has a career year 8-8. If Jacoby is the Jacoby he has been since he was named Jacoby 6-10

He’s not going to start and will be third string once Kelly serves hi 2 game suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread