What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Everyone made fun of my team need guidance (1 Viewer)

Nimrod

Footballguy
I just did my draft and everyone made fun of my team saying it was the worst they had ever seen. I don’t know if they are just trying to get to me or what but maybe you guys can give me some advice. 

My league is a non ppr All TD are 6 point start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1DEF 1K   17 roster spots my team is 

QB- B Mayfield, D Brees 

RB- N Chubb, D Williams, S Michel, A Ekeler, L Murray, D Thompson, 

WR- T Lockett, C Kupp, A Robinson, M Valdez’s-Scantling 

TE- T Kelce, J Reed 

D- Ravens, Broncos 

K- G Tavecchio 

is it as bad as my league mates say? I know my WR are weak. Should I trade a RB to get WR help I Probably could get A Brown if I give up S Michel. 

So what do you football guys think? Thanks for any help and guidance. 

Your team is fine.  They are yanking your chain.  However, with a start 3 WR league I would look to make a trade to get an improvement to a more consistent option at WR.  I like your WR's but they do have some risk. 

Only change I'd make is dropping one of your DEF's for WR depth, depending on what you have available on your FA list. You can drop an under-achiever to rent a DEF or a K for a week when the time comes.

Your team is fine.  They are yanking your chain.  However, with a start 3 WR league I would look to make a trade to get an improvement to a more consistent option at WR.  I like your WR's but they do have some risk. 
I disagree. For a 10 team league, this is a pretty poor roster. Of course it’s not the worst that anyone has ever seen, but I highly doubt this team is a contender.

I disagree. For a 10 team league, this is a pretty poor roster. Of course it’s not the worst that anyone has ever seen, but I highly doubt this team is a contender.
I didn't say it was great.  I said it was fine......definitely not the worst ever.

Is there anything That can be done to make to make it competitive team 
You need to improve your WR's most likely.  The WR's you have can all be top 24 guys but they could also be 30-40.  Your success will really depend on if they are able to meet their potential.  I think the team is competitive but you need a few guys to outperform expectations to be a title contender. 

Before looking at what to do I'm more curious what you drafted in each round. Not a great team for a 10 team league. First learn where your draft went astray and then start thinking of how to fix it.

I was picking 10 went Kelce Chubb then Williams Lockett then went Michel Kupp then Ekeler Baker then Bress Robinson then Scantling Thompson then Reed Murray then kicker and def this league is a transaction limit league only get 6 

WR went off early and I got behind because I drafted Kelce instead of going WR in the first turn. 

T Williams M Gallup D Metcalf D  Moncrief K Coutee are available on WW but would have to Drop A RB to pick one up probably Murray because of the transaction limit I cant drop DEF. Which one if any should I pick up? Also I might be able to trade Michel for A Brown 

I was picking 10 went Kelce Chubb then Williams Lockett then went Michel Kupp then Ekeler Baker then Bress Robinson then Scantling Thompson then Reed Murray then kicker and def this league is a transaction limit league only get 6 

WR went off early and I got behind because I drafted Kelce instead of going WR in the first turn. 

T Williams M Gallup D Metcalf D  Moncrief K Coutee are available on WW but would have to Drop A RB to pick one up probably Murray because of the transaction limit I cant drop DEF. Which one if any should I pick up? Also I might be able to trade Michel for A Brown 
You only get 6 transactions for the entire year?  That seems very wrong

In a 10 team league you should not have picked Kelce with your 1.10 IMHO.  You should have secured either 2 top RBs or 1 RB and 1 WR.  You would have been able to easily get someone like Engram, Howard, or Hunter with your 6.1 pick......Based on current ADP reporting, you could have had Connor, Thomas, Freeman, Copper, Kupp or Montgomery and Engram or Howard with your first 6 picks and that would have been a much better team IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread