What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper for 10 Team Standard League, TD Heavy (1 Viewer)

Moonfish

Footballguy
2 RB, 3 WR lineup (no flex), 1 pt per 25 yds with 1 pt bonus at 100 yds, 6 pt TD's (2 bonus pts for 40+ yd TD's).

Keeper deadline is 8/28 at midnight.  One keeper (or none) - choices are:

Kerryon in 6th

Lockett in 10th

Golladay in 12th

Note using Dodd's VBD generated cheat sheet with custom lineup and scoring per above the results will surprise you.

For me it's Kerryon and it's not close. 
When I run Dodd's VBD Excel model to my league's custom settings I get the following overall rankings:

Lockett #23, Gollsday #33 and Kerryon #64.  I assume this is because we start 3 WR's with no flex and Kerryon's TD projections are not great (due to CJ).

Even though I pick 8 of 10 and the top RB's will be gone (including Chubb as a Keeper) I think I have to consider protecting one of the WR's based on these value rankings.

When I run Dodd's VBD Excel model to my league's custom settings I get the following overall rankings:

Lockett #23, Gollsday #33 and Kerryon #64.  I assume this is because we start 3 WR's with no flex and Kerryon's TD projections are not great (due to CJ).

Even though I pick 8 of 10 and the top RB's will be gone (including Chubb as a Keeper) I think I have to consider protecting one of the WR's based on these value rankings.
The value rankings are just estimates........it doesn't mean it will happen.  I think Kerryon will outperform his projections listed and will return value so I would go that route.  If you don't think he will and trust the projections by Dodd's then go with his formula.  Sometimes you have to go with your own beliefs if you trust yourself. 

I don't think Lockett will be nearly as efficient as last year and don't trust him to put up those numbers.   I like Golladay but I think it's easier to find WR's I like later than RB's.  Because of that I go with Kerryon. 

The value rankings are just estimates........it doesn't mean it will happen.  I think Kerryon will outperform his projections listed and will return value so I would go that route.  If you don't think he will and trust the projections by Dodd's then go with his formula.  Sometimes you have to go with your own beliefs if you trust yourself. 

I don't think Lockett will be nearly as efficient as last year and don't trust him to put up those numbers.   I like Golladay but I think it's easier to find WR's I like later than RB's.  Because of that I go with Kerryon. 
Thank you - I really appreciate your help and Kerryon was my original gut pick so now of course I am totally confused.  Agree regarding Lockett's efficiency vs. 2018 but he is really good and I like their offense more than Detroit's so it certainly seems like I have a right to be confused!  Strategically, I am thinking Kerryon is still a great value in the 6th round and if I protect him I am not hurt as much if I take a stud WR at #8 (all are unprotected).  In 10-teamer I should be able to get a Mixon or Cook in early round 2, which helps the Kerryon argument.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread