What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Edmonds (the DB) for B. Chubb? (1 Viewer)

nirad3

Footballguy
IDP dynasty, both players on DTS so open contract.  Lost Derwin James for half the season.  

Fairly stacked at LB with VDE, Jack and Roquan, with Anzalone as the backup (start 2-3)

Also stacked at DB with James, Neal and Eddie Jackson (start 2-3).   

Thinking of swapping Bradley Chubb for Edmonds.  He wants a 6th-to-4th pick upgrade next year.

I believe I'll counter with a 5th instead of a 4th tomorrow.

Thoughts on Edmonds as a viable fantasy DB?  I know what I think... looking for other opinions.

Chubb has some big play ability but I don't think I'd ever use him unless one of my big 3 went down.

I’d never advocate trading FOR a DB.  Too much volatility, performance too dependent on target share which is out of the player’s control.

I’d keep Chubb, especially if you ae also paying a pick premium.

I’d never advocate trading FOR a DB.  Too much volatility, performance too dependent on target share which is out of the player’s control.

I’d keep Chubb, especially if you ae also paying a pick premium.
I typically agree.  I feel like I have some wiggle room here though.  I'm considering it, but agree that the pick upgrade is too much.

This is totally dependent upon the scoring system.  If it's a big play league there is no way I would give up Chubb for a DB.  He is going to have double digit sacks this year and a great guy to have in big play scoring.  If it is really tackle heavy then I can see him not having a lot of value and a straight up swap for a DB is within the realm of possibilities....although I still wouldn't do it. 

I would have to be getting the pick up grade to even think about making this deal. 

This is totally dependent upon the scoring system.  If it's a big play league there is no way I would give up Chubb for a DB.  He is going to have double digit sacks this year and a great guy to have in big play scoring.  If it is really tackle heavy then I can see him not having a lot of value and a straight up swap for a DB is within the realm of possibilities....although I still wouldn't do it. 

I would have to be getting the pick up grade to even think about making this deal. 
X2 - Chubb is too valuable to trade for most DBs (I would consider an elite young safety who is a consistent STUD year in and year out, someone like Jamal Adams in a big play league).

This might be a pipe dream, but I keep wondering what would happen if Chubb ever became a DL.

Users who are viewing this thread