What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

James Conner over David Johnson?? (1 Viewer)

dwilliams9191

Footballguy
I have #5 pick in half ppr league.  Zeke could possibly fall to me, but really don't want any part of the holdout.  I want to go RB with my 1st pick.   I'm back and forth with DJ and his production this year.   Could I argue going James Conner with the safe/solid pick at #5 or am I talking crazy? Whats everyone's thoughts?  Thanks

I think Conner is a bit safer; however, the question becomes: how is pitt offense going to be without AB?  Will he get as many TDs?

With Johnson, he'll be screen pass machine in that offense, but it's a new-ish, gimmicky nfl offense with a below average line.  Might be the run away overall RB1 or might be a disaster.  But we've seen DJ still be top 12 RB in a terrible offense.  

I guess the question is: do you see Conner finishing outside the top 12 RBs?  Probably not.  Do you see him being the #1 overall RB?  Probably not.

I wouldn't go with either as I like the RB's that make it back just as much as either of those two so I would go with Hopkins. 

I'm taking Hopkins over both, but if you are hung up on an RB and these two, I take Johnson.  Give me the best player, Hopkins at this point.

I had pick 6 a few days ago and took Hopkins over both guys.  I've been seeing Chubb go as early as #4 in some drafts (probably because of your concerns....Elliott holding out, Johnson a risk, etc), so don't expect him to be there later on.

Ugh, pick 6 is BPA.  I think Hopkins will be gone in my draft.  Luckily, we draft Wednesday Sept 4 so if Zeke were to sign, there's a little more time.  

I'm assuming Hopkins will be off the board, I am looking at Adams, DJ, Conner, Chubb...  On the turn (10 teamer PPR), there will be RBs I believe like Cook, Mixon DaWill, Lournette, Gurley.  Pairing one of those with an Adamas of Thomas would be better than reaching for a RB in rd 1?

Ugh, pick 6 is BPA.  I think Hopkins will be gone in my draft.  Luckily, we draft Wednesday Sept 4 so if Zeke were to sign, there's a little more time.  

I'm assuming Hopkins will be off the board, I am looking at Adams, DJ, Conner, Chubb...  On the turn (10 teamer PPR), there will be RBs I believe like Cook, Mixon DaWill, Lournette, Gurley.  Pairing one of those with an Adamas of Thomas would be better than reaching for a RB in rd 1?
Depends what you think of the RB's.  I really like Chubb and Cook and think both have a great shot to get in the top 5 for RB this year.  I also am not a fan of Adams or Thomas....they just don't excite me.  I think WR is easier to piece together so getting a top 5 potential RB to me is the way I would go......if Hopkins is available I would go that way and I like Jones/OBJ/JuJu over Adams/Thomas. 

Users who are viewing this thread