What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where are Zeke and Melvin Gordon going in your drafts? (1 Viewer)

I might go all Soulfly3 and pick Chubb with Gordon on the back end of the first two picks. Sounds beastly. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Tonight Elliott went 1.07, and I would have taken him at 1.08. Went with Mahomes instead. 

Not sure where Gordon went. I wan't that interested in drafting him, and by the time I even considered looking for him, he was gone. 

Zeke went 1.05 in my superflex league.  Mahomes went at 1.02, and the guy drafting 3rd was mad that he got sniped.

Gordon went with the 6.08 pick, which I think was good value.   I was drafting at the 1 hole...I would have considered him at the 6.10 pick.

Took a change on Gordon in the 10th. Hard to pass him up there....worst that can happen is that it was wasted pic. Pulling hard for him to get traded, maybe to Houston.

In my big $$ 12 team PPR snaker tonight, I had #3 pick and I took Zeke at 3 overall obviously with McCaffrey staring at me and I said #### it as I like Zeke more than CMac by a smidge and my brother who had #2 overall took Gordon in the 5th round at 5.2(50th overall) of our 16 round draft.

I think in the long run, my bro who picked right before me took Kamara with his #2 overall selection could be gold if Gordon comes back Game 3 or so which is when those lost paychecks will start to sting. I ended up taking Carson as my #2 back(22 overall) so I'm not too unhappy tho I'd like Zeke to sign the damn contract by tomorrow so I can start him with confidence on Sunday...we'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
With him signing...my hopes of him at 1.9 are gone.  Im guessing he will go no later than 1.4 tonight with some form of Barkley, Kamara, McCaffrey with him.

Went 1.10 in my draft tonight. 

Pollard went 10.03 to the same owner.
Guess dude wasn't up on the news.  He went 1.10 in a draft where I had 1.11 on last Friday when the whole "He will be fresh for playoffs" and "He will miss a maximum of 6 weeks" came out........missed it by that much....... :wall:

I got Zeke at 2.03 last night. Gordon went in the 3rd.
This was the night all the bad news came out I can certainly see it.  This was the lowest he was dropping in any of my drafts went 1.10 that night which was lowest I seen in my own but I see ADP on NFFC that day he had gone at 1.12

Recent 12 teamers:

Monday I took Gordon at 5.08.  Was not really part of my plan as I figured he'd be gone in the 3rd/4th in this particular league.  But since I had Chubb 2.05 and Michel 4.05 I felt pretty good about taking the risk.  Missed out on Ekeler in the 7th by a few picks, but took Miles Sanders there.  Very happy here.  On ESPN he's not eligible for IR, but I'm hoping that changes once he's ruled out.  

Last night I took Gordon at 6.09 with McCaffrey and Gurley in tow.  Cohen and McCoy, 9.04 and 10.09 respectively, are behind them.  On Yahoo he is IR eligible already, which is a nice bonus.  

Good luck!

Fast forward to August 2022.

Any updates on these two?

In a 12 team league with ppr, all TD'S = 6 points with bonus scoring for long TD's. i.e. 6 bonus points for 40 + yards pass/rushing/receiving td and a very interesting. 5 points per rush, that's right per rush attempt, I drafted Zeke Elliot at 3.10 and Melvin Gordon at 9.10. As a couple of well worn runningbacks, they likely won't make long bonus score plays but still prove valuable with this odd scoring system.

As a side note,, I missed out on Jamar Chase and Joe Borrow combo (they generated some big scores last season) opting to load up on plodders at rb and a qb who frequently runs and passes (Allen or Jackson or Murray).

Lineup is QB,2RB,2WR,TE,F, D/ST,K

16 player roster limit.

Funny how fast it can change for RBs.

Zeke 3rd, Gordon 9th also.
Yes indeed. The running back landscape moves pretty quickly.

Todd Gurley was here one minute and gone the next.

David Johnson.

Leveon Bell.

The list goes on and on.

Drafted last Saturday for my main league- classic old timers league where we meet in person, get drunk, eat, etc. Some of them are sharp but there are some donkeys as well. Zeke went 4th (it is standard scoring) and he said it was the plight of having 4 this year, just have to plug your nose and jump in because Zeke has such a big upside. Another guy (biggest donk) took Gordon at 9. The place went silent when he made it, we could not believe it. After he picked, we confirmed to make sure he knew Gordon was holding out. He had this crazy theory that it was good Gordon was holding out because he always gets hurt around week 13. So if he takes 4 weeks of preseason off and maybe 2 or 3 games of the season off, he will be healthy down the stretch and healthy Melvin Gordon is as good as it gets for fantasy.
Might be a good theory.... but Melvin would surely have still been there for him in the 2nd... 3rd... right?

Zeke - 5.02
Gordon - 9.01

Bear in mind, this is IDP. So figure the 5.02 is on point, but the 9.01 is probably more like 7.08-ish

A bit of an odd league. 10-Team. Only one bench player per position (so only 1 rb on the bench). Minimum 50 yards to get points for rushing yards (ditto receiving yards). PPR.

Ezekiel - 5.08
Gordon - undrafted

Users who are viewing this thread