What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Notable CUTS - 2019 (1 Viewer)

@Sigmund Bloom was on twitter saying that Ken DIxon was cut an he is the #1 RB people should be after, I disagree, McGuire should be that guy right now....Houston, TB......
Agree with Sig. McGuire looked ok at times, not so good at others. I like him, but I like Dixon more. 

Dixon was made expendable by Justice, while Ingram is the lead dog. They still have Gus, too I think. But Dixon is a quality RB who could help a team in need. 

Seems like a good breather back or COP. IIRC he had a shot to start a couple games last year & fell flat? 
Yeah. He got three or four starts at the end of the year and posted anemic rushing numbers. He was utterly expendable with Powell, Bell, and Montgomery all earning spots on the roster. 

Very.

So Bonnafon is now the handcuff to Mccaffrey?
Jordan Scarlett was a 5th round pick this year so it's probably him.  Cutting Cameron Art-is-Pain must mean Ron Rivera likes what he sees in Scarlett.  Art-is-Pain is a JAG but a guy who can be trusted because of his experience in the system.  CAP was only making $895,000 this year so it wasn't a salary cap cut.

Jordan Scarlett was a 5th round pick this year so it's probably him.  Cutting Cameron Art-is-Pain must mean Ron Rivera likes what he sees in Scarlett.  Art-is-Pain is a JAG but a guy who can be trusted because of his experience in the system.  CAP was only making $895,000 this year so it wasn't a salary cap cut.

Woah. That must mean Scarlett made an impression. I've got him somewhere where I've got CMC so that's positive. 
They were talking him up in the Carolina thread, so that sounds likely.

Definitely a great thread. Not a single cut that I'm actually interested in yet, though. But I am assuming there will be. 

Woah. That must mean Scarlett made an impression. I've got him somewhere where I've got CMC so that's positive. 
McCaffrey has defied the critics and stayed healthy despite his smallishness (and he is on the small side for any one who is going to respond that he is not small, he is, it's a fact).  But staying healthy for one year or two years doesn't mean he isn't going to get hurt this year.  All it takes is one hit.  McCaffrey played 91% of offensive snaps last year which was the most by any running back with no other even close.  And Scarlett would be entering a good situation.  There is virtually no competition for snaps.  Cam, while flawed, is still a quarterback that defenses have to honor with both his running ability and his arm talent.  And the Panthers have an above average offensive line.  If McCaffrey tore an ACL, there is no reason why Scarlett couldn't be a top 5 running back.  Scarlet could be a league winner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like between Duke and Crockett they have early down work spoken for. I would think it is the 3rd RB job that a FA might come in and compete for with Higdon.

Thomas Rawls and De'Angelo Henderson are not far removed from a lot of excitement about their potential.  I really thought both of them had the talent to succeed, but it is hard to imagine there are many chances left for either one of them.

I'm a UF homer but Scarlett could've gone earlier in the draft had he put up a better year. The problem with Florida RBs is under McElwaine they loved to rotate or go with a hot hand plus there were a ton of injuries in the Florida backfield the last few yrs. Last year he was learning a new system under Dan Mullen. Better in-between the tackles kind of back then McCaffery too so he could steal CMF TDs in the GOalline and get SY opportunities 

McCaffrey has defied the critics and stayed healthy despite his smallishness (and he is on the small side for any one who is going to respond that he is not small, he is, it's a fact).  But staying healthy for one year or two years doesn't mean he isn't going to get hurt this year.  All it takes is one hit.  McCaffrey played 91% of offensive snaps last year which was the most by any running back with no other even close.  And Scarlett would be entering a good situation.  There is virtually no competition for snaps.  Cam, while flawed, is still a quarterback that defenses have to honor with both his running ability and his arm talent.  And the Panthers have an above average offensive line.  If McCaffrey tore an ACL, there is no reason why Scarlett couldn't be a top 5 running back.  Scarlet could be a league winner.
His 5-11height listed is very generous. My ex GF lives in Carolina and met him after the Panthers/Eagles game. He was smaller then her and she's 5-10 height wise 

Cody Kessler was cut by Philly. As well as Darnell Pumphrey. Sony Micheal's bro Miakel was also cut by Philly. He had a fairly impressive preseason for any other WR in camp that played that wasn't JJAW 

Don’t want to quote everyone but I have some hot takes:

1) I feel like Reggie Bonnafon is the RB to own in Carolina. He’s a heck of an athlete, converted QB out of Louisville. Moved around a lot because of Lamar’s arrival. He’s been catching the crap out of the ball in preseason which is a mimic of what CMC does. Scarlett has an ok profile, I like Bonnafon better if both are on the roster with no FA add.

2) Don’t know why people are giving the world to Damarea Crockett. Seems it’s based in wish land and not reality. I like the kid. I swear up and down I do but the reality is that Higdon (who I think is a crappy JAG) looks to be ahead of him right now. Just calling it as I see it.

3) Elijah McGuire could still find a nice home after being cut.

Users who are viewing this thread