What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****The Official Stevie Wonder Thread**** (2 Viewers)

It's a Stevie Sunday ! 

This one is not an original Wonder track but he hits a grand slam all the same. 2 parts vocal and 2 parts with the tin sandwich. Sting's reaction is great as he realizes that Stevie is killing it. Enjoy!

Fragile

It's a Stevie Sunday ! 

This one is not an original Wonder track but he hits a grand slam all the same. 2 parts vocal and 2 parts with the tin sandwich. Sting's reaction is great as he realizes that Stevie is killing it. Enjoy!

Fragile
HeartBREAKingly beautiful. I'm cryin' here......

how did i miss this collaboration?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

HeartBREAKingly beautiful. I'm cryin' here......

how did i miss this collaboration?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Glad to share some new stuff with others !

Monday, Monday ... Good enough reason as any to share some Stevie ...

George Michael did a very good rendition of this song on his great Listen Without Prejudice album but Stevie's original still hits the hardest. Enjoy!

They Won't Go When I Go

I went down the youtube rabbit hole last night and binged some Stevie. Lately and Overjoyed are opposite in message, but both are great.

Innervisions is great.

I recently got into Songs in the Key of Life, which seems to be his most highly-regarded, and I get why, but I think I still prefer Innervisions; it is perfect from start to finish.  Songs in the Key... is great as well, but is pretty long and has a few songs I can do without.

Even though it is not really known as such, this is one of my favorite love songs of all time. Lyrical magic here. And when Stevie starts to rant/preach about 4 minutes in, the goose bumps always arise. Enjoy!

As

Something a bit lighter and bubbly on this sunny Sunday. Stevie and Whitney. This is before she became an all out pharmaceutical fanatic and still had all of her gifts on full display. Enjoy!

Stevie Wonder & Whitney Houston - We Didn't Know (Live)
Whitney Houston was to singers as Eddie Van Halen was to guitarists - they basically ruined a generation who thought they could do what the masters could. Wasn't Whitney or Eddie that was the problem. 

This seems appropriate on a Tuesday  :)  

1972 marked the turning point in Stevie's career. Well maybe turning point is the wrong terminology. He was great before 1972. So let's say that this year saw him start the ascent into the upper atmosphere. In March Stevie released Music of My Mind and in October he dropped Talking Book on us. This one is from Talking Book. Enjoy!

Tuesday Heartbreak

Some more recent Stevie today. There are folks that disregard (and even disrespect!) his stuff from 1980 onward. I ain't one of them! This one is from the 1987 Characters album. Enjoy!

Free - Live

Today something different ... An 1972 article from the Rolling Stone archive show casing Stevie. Enjoy!

Stevie Wonder: ‘I Love Getting Into as Much Weird #### as Possible’

Welcome to week 5 of the Corona Lockdown Era. A once in a life time experience for sure. With that in mind, let's go with this track today. One of the few songs that Stevie is known for that he didn't write himself. Enjoy!

For Once in My Life - Live 1969 

I am in the Stevie is blind camp. The "He can see" thing pops up every few years. Nothing I have seen is even remotely interesting. I am in the Stevie is blind camp.

Even though it is not really known as such, this is one of my favorite love songs of all time. Lyrical magic here. And when Stevie starts to rant/preach about 4 minutes in, the goose bumps always arise. Enjoy!

As
This is my favorite song by any artist 

Not sure how I am just seeing this thread because Stevie is my favorite artist. Thanks to those posting performances. 

Stevie wrote this gem when he was about 16 years old. The quality of stuff that teenage Stevie created is mind blowing. He has recorded this. Aretha has recorded this. Here they are doing this together. Enjoy!

Until You Come Back to Me

I am in the Stevie is blind camp. The "He can see" thing pops up every few years. Nothing I have seen is even remotely interesting. I am in the Stevie is blind camp.
The one thing from that link in Post 2 that caught me a little by surprise was him catching the mike stand as it was falling - the rest seemed to be a stretch and explainable.

Users who are viewing this thread