What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jonathan Taylor, IND (2 Viewers)

He's not set it and forget it by any means, but man with Titans, Texans, Raiders, Texans the next 4 games, its possible he's a bit of playoff star before that week 16 against the Steelers. 
That would be great and likely shut up the nay sayers if he has some good performances over this stretch.

I am not convinced the coaches have had an epiphany about this rather than just being diffeent for the sake of being different.

My barometer for future success is how the rookie plays against the lowly Lions. I remember when Anquan Boldin was a rook and debuted against the Lions to the tune of 10/217/2. He never did it again, but still had a long and productive career. Taylor went 11/22/0. So he will probably be out of the league in 3 years. 

Grab Wilkins and Hines.

This hobby is funny. At the beginning of the week I was concerned about who to put in my flex spot if Gio had a concussion. Now I have Gio, B. Hill, Gaskin, and Wilkins. Lol.

If he tested positive then he will have to miss 10 days, and depending on when the test was that may make him miss the matchup vs Houston.

If he tested positive then he will have to miss 10 days, and depending on when the test was that may make him miss the matchup vs Houston.
He did not test positive, at least not yet.

His girlfriend tested positive so he's out due to quarantine/close contact.

Colts activated RB Jonathan Taylor from the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Taylor missed Week 12 after he was ruled a high-risk close contact. Getting activated means he should play in Sunday's game with the Texans. Taylor had a breakout Week 11 before missing last week. Houston's bottom-two run defense is a favorable matchup for Taylor in his return.

Dec 2, 2020, 12:27 PM ET

I'm on the fence with Taylor and Booker in a PPR
I really have no choice but to roll with Taylor and Booker too.  I could start Edmonds over either one but think I'm rolling Taylor/Book.  Jacobs on the shelf and Mike Davis on a bye.  Any compelling argument to start Edmonds over either of them?   Short of Drake being out for some crazy reason....

I'm on the fence with Taylor and Booker in a PPR
I’m going with Booker over Taylor in non PPR.  I have a feeling Taylor has a good game tomorrow but can’t trust how Indy will use their backs so I’m going with the guaranteed touches.  

skillz said:
I’m going with Booker over Taylor in non PPR.  I have a feeling Taylor has a good game tomorrow but can’t trust how Indy will use their backs so I’m going with the guaranteed touches.  
My thought process too. I hope we’re right 

skillz said:
Anyone starting him this week vs Houston?  If there was ever a matchup to do it this is the one.  
Yes, but that’s mostly due to Jacobs being out. FWIW, I strongly consider Taylor over Gibson earlier in the week (and now don’t have to make the decision). I do have Taylor in over Gore and Snell. 

Taylor has been frustrating all year (as the Colts really do seem to ride the “hot hand”) but if Jacobs had to be out a week I’m glad it is this one. 

Thrilled with the TD but I can’t figure out the Colts running back system.  Would love to see more touches!

Reich reminds me of Bob Quinn when he was with the Lions......always acting smarter than everyone else. Smartest guy in the room mentality. It's bit him more than once too.

You start Taylor and you sprinkle in Hines and, on 3rd down, you play whoever fits the play better since both are capable. 

Yahoo!:Week 13 fantasy football care/don't care: Once again, Patrick Mahomes breaks football's rules

5 Things I don’t care about

Complaining about Jonathan Taylor’s usage

If you played Jonathan Taylor against the Houston Texans in Week 13, you were rewarded. He totaled 135 yards from scrimmage and scored on one of his catches. If you were mystified by his usage, I really don’t know what to tell you.

Taylor backers just can’t get upset when they see Nyheim Hines on the field, especially in scoring areas. Hines has been a major factor in several key wins this season for the Colts. He’s a big factor in the offense and has been a good player. Teams don’t just needlessly remove good players who have helped them win games from their offense just to make things a bit clearer when it comes to workload splits.

With that in mind, this was about as much of a win as you could hope for. That’s especially true considering Taylor was coming off a Week 12 absence and, on balance, hasn’t been a consistently positive presence for the team when he touches the ball.

Taylor led the team in snaps, played an active role in the passing game, and got enough chances to smack around a bad run defense. That’s a win. We’re just not at the point where we can project Taylor for a massive workload every week. But that’s okay.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Frankman said:
What a terrible "article". Hines has been a "major factor" in a grand total of 2 of their wins this year, and only 1 of those was as a runner- Taylor has been a bigger factor in 6 of their wins. Hines also hasn't been very good, he has a 3.3 ypc and 8.2 ypr compared with 4.1 ypc and 9.3 ypr for Taylor. And Taylor was behind both Hines and Wilkins until the 4th quarter, he had 3 total carries in the first 3+ quarters for crying out loud.

His usage isn't performance based, it seems much more like a case of "I'm going to show you how smart I am".

Taylor is responsible for every one of the first 62 yds on their first possession.  Let’s bring in Hines and Wilkins!

This reminds me of when NO had trouble just letting Ingram get in a rhythm and be a  good player early in his career...except JT is actually good in the passing game also. It’s nonsensical. They won’t deserve what JT grows into but they’ll benefit anyways, eventually. 

I own JT in 1 keeper league ....... I'll get to keep 2 of Barkely, Ekeler, J Taylor  (standard) ...... up until 2 weeks ago Taylor was going to be the odd man out, now I just hope I don't let the wrong one go ......... 

elbowrm said:
Taylor is responsible for every one of the first 62 yds on their first possession.  Let’s bring in Hines and Wilkins!
I get Hines, he has a unique skill set, and is worthy of 30% of the work.

Wilkins I have no idea. 

Truebluey said:
Oh the pain.  Literally carrying my team through the first playoff round.
In small leagues with short benches, it was not possible to hold Taylor if you wanted to make the playoffs.   Before we anoint Taylor the next greatest RB, lets see what he does against a real D.   If he finishes the year strong, I would not hesitate drafting him again in 2021.  

I loved it as an owner, but I still don't trust it yet game to game. I mean, he busted off all those runs on the first drive, then Hines took the whole next drive. 'Hot hand' means nothing for the most part - Reich is going to work those other guys in just because he can, no matter how well Taylor is playing. Fortunately, they were playing the Raiders yesterday and there were plenty of opportunities for Taylor to gash runs as the game went on, but against a real NFL defense? I hope so but I'm, not convinced. 

Having said all that, still starting him because I have no better options (and it should be a great matchup).

In small leagues with short benches, it was not possible to hold Taylor if you wanted to make the playoffs.   Before we anoint Taylor the next greatest RB, lets see what he does against a real D.   If he finishes the year strong, I would not hesitate drafting him again in 2021.  
Not sure anyone is anointing him.  We're just laughing at the people who were selling and calling him a bust half way through his rookie season.  He at least looks like a solid #2 with #1 upside at this point.  Has a ways to go before he's a stud but it seems the dynasty sellers were a bit premature.  Don't blame you for bailing on him in a redraft with short benches.

Not sure anyone is anointing him.  We're just laughing at the people who were selling and calling him a bust half way through his rookie season.  He at least looks like a solid #2 with #1 upside at this point.  Has a ways to go before he's a stud but it seems the dynasty sellers were a bit premature Don't blame you for bailing on him in a redraft with short benches.
Two totally different outlooks. You're right. I was really wondering why guys were giving up on him so quickly. I thought I was down on him from the beginning, but he's looked good when he gets in the open field. Scratch that, he looks great.

Great game for Taylor and its kind of fun seeing some folks take a victory lap here prematurely.

Johnathan Taylor still only had 56% of the offensive snaps. I don't know if he is actually out of the RBBC woods yet.

Not sure anyone is anointing him.  We're just laughing at the people who were selling and calling him a bust half way through his rookie season.  He at least looks like a solid #2 with #1 upside at this point.  Has a ways to go before he's a stud but it seems the dynasty sellers were a bit premature.  Don't blame you for bailing on him in a redraft with short benches.
It was the fact that they were calling him a bust halfway thru his rookie season. A season where a rookie had no preseason games to get his feet wet. And it was based on lazy analysis such as "just another typical Wisconsin back".

Well people were prematurely labeling him a bust.  Just like most things the truth is likely somewhere in the middle.
I think Taylor is a good player. I have just learned that these coaches are not easily won over. There was more truth to what they were saying about time share with Mack and their other RB before the season started than I thought there would be and I shouldn't have dismissed it so quickly.

Great game for Taylor and its kind of fun seeing some folks take a victory lap here prematurely.

Johnathan Taylor still only had 56% of the offensive snaps. I don't know if he is actually out of the RBBC woods yet.
Yeah I agree. Reich just can't help himself. 

The only argument I can see is the mentality of saving him for the playoff run. But you have to get there first!

Week 15 Dynasty Risers and Fallers: Eagles' Jalen Hurts is the real deal

Excerpt:

RISER: RB JONATHAN TAYLOR, INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

It took him the majority of his rookie season, but Taylor is finally breaking out in the way that most dynasty players thought he would from Week 1 when they took him with the first or second overall pick in rookie drafts. 

He’s averaging 18.3 carries for 110.3 yards to go along with three receptions for 27.7 yards. Jordan Wilkins has all but vanished in recent weeks, leaving Taylor to dominate the rushing volume for Indianapolis. He topped 2,000 yards from scrimmage in all three of his seasons at Wisconsin and came into the NFL with second-round draft capital. 

Now, he’s beginning to dominate to close out the season. Despite the slow start, Taylor should be viewed as a top-five dynasty running back if he closes out the year hot.

RISER: RB JONATHAN TAYLOR, INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

It took him Frank Reich the majority of his rookie season, but Taylor is finally breaking out in the way that most dynasty players thought he would from Week 1 when they took him with the first or second overall pick in rookie drafts. 

He’s averaging 18.3 carries for 110.3 yards to go along with three receptions for 27.7 yards. Jordan Wilkins has all but vanished in recent weeks, leaving Taylor to dominate the rushing volume for Indianapolis. He topped 2,000 yards from scrimmage in all three of his seasons at Wisconsin and came into the NFL with second-round draft capital. 

Now, he’s beginning to dominate to close out the season. Despite the slow start, Taylor should be viewed as a top-five dynasty running back if he closes out the year hot.
FTFY.

Users who are viewing this thread