What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Could Jameis Winston be a league winner? (1 Viewer)

Poor guy needs better play around him. On the line,  Cappa is terrible and Dotson has bad games.  The positional players really let the QB down Sunday.  Peyton Barber is a good blocker but his route running caused an INT.  Mike Evans was sick, so I can understand him screwing up causing an INT.  TEs need to work on blocking.

Poor guy needs better play around him. On the line,  Cappa is terrible and Dotson has bad games.  The positional players really let the QB down Sunday.  Peyton Barber is a good blocker but his route running caused an INT.  Mike Evans was sick, so I can understand him screwing up causing an INT.  TEs need to work on blocking.
That's a lot of blame thrown around for a guy that, besides the 3 INTS,  hit the defenders in the hands twice and they dropped the INT both times. He's doing the same garbage he did as a rookie. I laughed at the article yesterday that said something about 'growing pains'. Growing pains? Dude is in year 5.

How about he stinks and isn't NFL material as I said from day one. Dude has stolen enough $ from the Bucs and cost them 4 years.

I'd only use him in best ball formats.  Hes going to have big weeks and horrible weeks.....overall, he's pretty bad

Punxsutawney Phil said:
The line, and Dotson, actually played well. The worst player was Smith. Dotson had those two holding penalties, first call was bogus second was correct. 

And yeah Barber ran a bad route... but it STILL was an errant throw on an RB against Richard Sherman. Arians is just protecting Winston's ego. 

So who's benching him this week and who you got to replace him?

Drank the Kool-Aid and started him over L.Jackson last week...not this week

Another league have Mighty Mitch Trubinsky I can sub for him.

Starting Josh Allen over him this week and, depending on what I see on TNF, might be dropping Winston's ### next week. 

I'm honestly hoping for another atrocious performance so I can just smash the drop button on Tuesday. 

Some of those INTs were really, really bad--like he was trying to throw to the other team type bad. 

This guy is going to to WW in one league. 

So who's benching him this week and who you got to replace him?

Drank the Kool-Aid and started him over L.Jackson last week...not this week

Another league have Mighty Mitch Trubinsky I can sub for him.

Had Jameis in 2/4 leagues.

I dropped him in one league, and I'm benching him in another for JOSH ALLEN.   

I don't know if I should have dropped him just yet..... but benching him on the road vs CAR this week on a short week is likely the right move.

He is @home vs. NYG next week in a much better spot.  His schedule gets easier later in the season too.  I didn't exactly have high expectations for the first 2 weeks.

If he posts another disaster in week 3, then I'll likely RAGE DROP afterwards.          :wall:

TZM

Starting Josh Allen over him this week and, depending on what I see on TNF, might be dropping Winston's ### next week. 

I'm honestly hoping for another atrocious performance so I can just smash the drop button on Tuesday. 
LOL on this(smash).

I needed that this morning.  Have Winston in one league & couldn't have put it better.

• Smile
Reactions: ATB
How long did Carson Palmer take to produce in "BAs" System?
I've heard several Cardinal fans allude to the fact it took "a few games" before Carson Palmer before he was comfortable in the system.

As far as I can remember, he also didn't exactly have an over abundance of talent around him the first season or two when he got on board with the Cardinals at first, other than possibly Larry Fitzgerald.

It wasn't until a year or two later where they had a solid team around him, David Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, a much improved defense, etc. etc.

I'm working with a foggy memory at best , but its tough to draw a big conclusion if he had poor talent around him in my opinion.

Of course, it often takes  QBs a handful of weeks before they are operating smoothly in a new system, or so it seems.

I think the hate on Jameis might be a bit premature this year, as I pointed out earlier in this thread.  I dropped him in 1 league, and benched him this week in another.

Now if he has a disaster outing next week vs the GMEN , then I will likely be cutting all Winston ties at that point.

(as luck would have it, I was fortunate enough to get RUSSELL WILSON off the wire this week in 1 particular 10 teamer.... the owner had him drafted as a back up QB to Mahomes.) This isn't as odd a drop as it may sound, in this league there is some weird scoring, including PPC/ points per completion.  Russell Wilson isn't nearly as strong in this set up as he is in other more standard formats. Not on the run,run,run trajectory they seem to be heading this year anyway.

I'll be watching Winston closely, and if he turns it around I may well start him over Wilson later in the season. (In this specific format)

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing weird about Russ being dropped in a bunch of setups.

Watch Jameis's volume. Not much for the first two games. Last night against Carolina he was a rippingly efficient 14 of...

20. 2 TDs, about 210 yds.

Arians has ceded playcalling to Byron Leftwich. Let's see what's up the OC's sleeve before saying this is AC's offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you got to the playoffs with him, he could very well have been a league winner. Just needs one more big game. 
Got to the 'ship on his back, hard not to ride him one more week but can he string 3 monster games in a row without his top 2 WR's? 

Other option is Wentz... 🙄

Ive been riding the winston gravy train for most of the season,  Im a little worried that he may have ran out of bullets in the chamber nd will be shooting blamks this week without BOTH of his top receivers (and potentially #3)   anybody besides me concerned?  He has a nice matchup  but Im worried.  

Ive been riding the winston gravy train for most of the season,  Im a little worried that he may have ran out of bullets in the chamber nd will be shooting blamks this week without BOTH of his top receivers (and potentially #3)   anybody besides me concerned?  He has a nice matchup  but Im worried.  
Doesnt look good.

#3?  Is something wrong with Perriman?

da_budman said:
no....1,2, and 4   Perriman is fine.  Im still worried that he has lost so much of his receiver corp.  
I hear ya.   I’m nowhere near as confident starting Winston over Murray again. 

I hear ya.   I’m nowhere near as confident starting Winston over Murray again. 
Houston is really bad vs the pass. 30 TDs vs 8 picks.  Like Arizona, Oakland and Detroit bad.  Can't cover anybody, can't get to the QB.  Equal opportunity, can get burned by WRs and TEs.  I think Howard and Brate have big days.  But have to temper expectations.  It's far more likely to be a 275 and 2 TD day than his last two.  Still rolling with him.  He's earned it. Against a better defense probably not.

Houston is really bad vs the pass. 30 TDs vs 8 picks.  Like Arizona, Oakland and Detroit bad.  Can't cover anybody, can't get to the QB.  Equal opportunity, can get burned by WRs and TEs.  I think Howard and Brate have big days.  But have to temper expectations.  It's far more likely to be a 275 and 2 TD day than his last two.  Still rolling with him.  He's earned it. Against a better defense probably not.
Ok it’s week 16 so I don’t give an uckfe. I have Winston and Brees. One has a better matchup at home with a broken hand and one is also on fire but on the road where they are less effective. And I’m facing Watson....this will drive me mad all week.

Users who are viewing this thread