What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ESPN Fantasy Defense Settings (ppr) (1 Viewer)

Jer

Footballguy
I have been playing fantasy football since 2013.  In every league I have played in, the defense starts a game with 10 points, decreasing based on points allowed (ppr).  I started an ESPN ppr league that came with the below settings.

https://ibb.co/m6j4XVj

Is there something I am missing?  Shouldn't the first setting say 10 points while every one afterwards have a negative field?

Every league is different. Paying attention to your league scoring is a job well done! Some leagues give points based on yardage given up as well as points surrendered. 

Given those settings you probably also would have 5 points for 0 yards given up. At the start of the game the defense has given up 0 yards and 0 points so they would have 10 points. As the game goes on the defense gives up yards and points decreasing the fantasy points they have (assuming they haven't gotten sacks, interception etc.)

So, yes those settings look good.

Given those settings you probably also would have 5 points for 0 yards given up. At the start of the game the defense has given up 0 yards and 0 points so they would have 10 points. As the game goes on the defense gives up yards and points decreasing the fantasy points they have (assuming they haven't gotten sacks, interception etc.)

So, yes those settings look good.
But then wouldn't the 0 points allowed section say 10 and every one after have a negative field?

But then wouldn't the 0 points allowed section say 10 and every one after have a negative field?
I was assuming you had settings for yardage too.

If the only defensive settings you have are those in the image for points allowed the defense would start with 5 fantasy points.

The number in the box is the points the defense gets for that many points given up during the game.

If the first time the defense is on the field the other team gets a field goal the defense has now given up 3 points and will have 4 fantasy points.

If on the next drive they give up a touchdown and an extra point they would have given up 10 points and will now have 3 fantasy points.

If at the end of the game the defense had given up 29 points they would have -1 points.

I'm an idiot...

I wasn't seeing that yards allowed deducts points as well.  So.. 5 points for 0 points allowed and 5 points for less than 100 yards allowed equal 10 points to start.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread