What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Upcoming Ted Cruz vs. Alyssa Milano Debate: Who wins? (1 Viewer)

Which debate participant have you spent more time in your life fantasizing about?

• Ted Cruz

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Alyssa Milano

Votes: 34 77.3%

• Total voters

Gary Coal Man

Footballguy
It’s On! Milano Challenges Sen. Cruz To Discuss Guns – He Accepts

Actress Alyssa Milano spent a portion of her long holiday weekend on Twitter criticizing Sen. Ted Cruz’s (R-Texas) stance on the Second Amendment. She requested to meet up with Cruz and to live stream the meeting “so the American people can hear your bull#### 1st hand.”

Sen. Cruz tweeted his acceptance, “I’d be happy to sit down & visit next week about uniting to stop gun violence & about the Constitution.”

Actress-turned-liberal-activist Milano, tweeted out a video of herself calling Cruz’s office to schedule the meeting on Tuesday, so it seems the gears are in motion.

The Twitterverse is awaiting the announcement of a date and time early next week. Get your popcorn ready.

LINK

• Laughing
Reactions: Ned
Watch 'Embrace of the Vampire' to prep for this debate.

You'll thank me later.

ETA the 1995 version

ETA 2.0 it's free to watch on Tubi.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a teenager of the late 80’s and early 90’s my affinity for Alyssa can not be overstated.  What also can’t be overstated is my dislike of Sen. Cruz.  

With those qualifiers out of the way, Cruz destroys her.  She is literally stepping into the water with sharks.  Get out now Alyssa.  Get out now.  

Getting people with different opinions to sit down and talk face to face is actually a good thing for both. Hopefully both will learn something.

Supposedly Cruz was a debate champion at Harvard. But whenever I’ve heard him debate he comes off as really creepy. 

Never heard him in a debate.  In what way is he creepy?
I won't speak for anyone else, but every time I see Ted Cruz talk or flash that creepy smile, he strikes me as a guy who watches little kids on the playground while wearing a raincoat. 

Hope he retells the story about when he went out and bought 100 cans of chef boyardee

I always wondered what the story was that ends in "Rectum?... Damn near killed 'em!"
One day Johnny walked into the classroom, and the teacher said, 'Johnny, do you have your story done yet on an incident from your everyday life?' He replied, 'no Ma'am.' She said, 'if you don't have it done by tomorrow then I'm going to make a call to your parents.'

As Johnny is walking home from school he looks to his left and sees two greyhounds racing and one gets so far ahead of the other one that it just stops and the other one rams its head right up the lead dog's a**.

Johnny takes out a piece of paper and writes it all down, saying to himself, 'This is going to be my report.'

The next day at school the teacher says, 'Johnny, do you have your report done?' He says, 'Sure do.' So he goes up to the front of the class and starts telling them what he saw. 'Yesterday I was walking home from school when I saw these two greyhounds racing, and one rammed its head right up the other's a**.' The teacher says, 'Johnny, we don't use the word 'a**' in the classroom, it's rectum.' Johnny said, "Rectum? Damn near killed 'Em."

One day Johnny walked into the classroom, and the teacher said, 'Johnny, do you have your story done yet on an incident from your everyday life done?' He replied, 'no ma'am.' She said, 'if you don't have it done by tomorrow then I'm going to make a call to your parents.'

As Johnny is walking home from school he looks to his left and sees two greyhounds racing,and one gets so far ahead of the other one that it just stops and the other one rams its head right up its a**.

Johnny takes out a piece of paper and writes it all down, saying to himself, 'This is going to be my report.'

The next day at school the teacher says, 'Johnny, do you have your report done?' He says, 'sure do.' So he goes up to the front of the class and starts telling them what he saw. 'Yesterday I was walking home from school when I saw these two greyhounds racing, and one rammed its head right up the other's a**.' The teacher says, 'Johnny, we don't use the word 'a**' in the classroom, it's rectum.' Johnny said, "Rectum? Damn near killed 'Em."
Was the greyhound named "Ted Cruz"?

If it were an actual debate, Cruz would wipe the floor with her.  Doesn’t matter if she’s right, he’s a Harvard Law trained national debate champion.  

No idea about the conversation. 

If I'm Milano, right when the debate starts, I bring Scarlett Johansson out on stage and make out a bit. I then ask Cruz if he would rather have more of that or to go target shooting. 

If it were an actual debate, Cruz would wipe the floor with her.  Doesn’t matter if she’s right, he’s a Harvard Law trained national debate champion.  

He looked like a fool debating Trump, who was awful in the debates

This really depends on the subject matter. 

For example, I have no experience in public debates, so I’m sure I’d perform poorly against a champion debater- unless the subject was Holocaust denial, or the earth being 6,000 years old, or whether or not Trump is a liar- then I think I’d win. 

If Milano is focused on universal background checks and banning AR-15s then she should win pretty easily. Why? Because she’s got the vast majority of the public on her side already. 

Supposedly Cruz was a debate champion at Harvard. But whenever I’ve heard him debate he comes off as really creepy. 
I was in the debate circuit in the early 90s when Cruz was.  Guy was an incredibly good debater.  And yes, he was a clear tool, even in college. 

I was in the debate circuit in the early 90s when Cruz was.  Guy was an incredibly good debater.  And yes, he was a clear tool, even in college. 
It’s really hard to argue against universal background checks without sounding paranoid. I don’t care how good a debater you are. I can’t see him winning on this issue. 

Good point.  On the other hand if he is also a heterosexual male, itself debatable, he may get a bit tongue tied around her.

Users who are viewing this thread