What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Expediting the death penalty? (1 Viewer)

Mass shooter murders 25 people and is actually taken alive and is sentenced to death.  What do you feel would be the appropriate length of time before it is carried out?
12 minutes

Or as long as it takes to throw a rope over a tree branch 

Last edited by a moderator:
What if the accused admits guilt to a capital crime, waives appeal rights and requests the death penalty? I would be ok with an expedited process under those circumstances, assuming the prosecution agrees. 
One can always waive a right but there sure as hell better be a damn good and thorough psychological exam of the defendant or some other form of thorough competency examination. 

Seems like the left wants to treat the death penalty the same way they treat illegal immigration. If enough time passes, the problem fixes itself? Don't deport illegal immigrants and they basically get to stay in this country as long as they want without ever becoming a citizen. Give a mass murderer decades to appeal their case and they may not ever be executed. Hopefully they just die of old age. Mission accomplished. 

Heck yeah! Takes way too long for these obvious killers. They should run thru appeals in less than a week and get them outta here.

i don't know why you want to kill anyone - why let them off the hook.  Let them rot in jail instead
I'll agree when we make prison hell on earth. As it is now, they get better health care than some law abiding citizens.... For free. Since we are a nation of wusses and some want to pander to the criminals life behind bars, 'oh the poor criminal, sentenced to LOP needs comforts of life', I say execute asap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do people generally believe that it takes too long to carry out the death penalty? Too many appeals? And will expediting it help to deter mass shooters? Or is this just an emotional reaction? 
how about ... prosecution has 4 weeks, defense has 4 weeks, 2 weeks to cross examine .... in 10 week, jury has all the information they need

1 appeal in case of new information

there - done ... if death penalty is given carry it out in .... 3 months time

people like Nikolas Cruz should be dead by now

people like Nikolas Cruz should be dead by now
Chris Watts, Scott Peterson, TJ Lane, etc. I could go on and on and not a single one of you could use the defense of 'what if they didn't do it, maybe they are innocent'. Everyone of these is 100% guilty and should have been executed within a week, after appeals are exhausted which should take about 1 minute each.

Chris Watts, Scott Peterson, TJ Lane, etc. I could go on and on and not a single one of you could use the defense of 'what if they didn't do it, maybe they are innocent'. Everyone of these is 100% guilty and should have been executed within a week, after appeals are exhausted which should take about 1 minute each.
Right. But the problem is the law can’t pick and choose. If we eliminate the process for these guys then somebody who IS innocent might be executed. 

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
I'll agree when we make prison hell on earth. As it is now, they get better health care than some law abiding citizens.... For free. Since we are a nation of wusses and some want to pander to the criminals life behind bars, 'oh the poor criminal, sentenced to LOP needs comforts of life', I say execute asap.
No. 

Seems like the left wants to treat the death penalty the same way they treat illegal immigration. If enough time passes, the problem fixes itself? Don't deport illegal immigrants and they basically get to stay in this country as long as they want without ever becoming a citizen. Give a mass murderer decades to appeal their case and they may not ever be executed. Hopefully they just die of old age. Mission accomplished. 
Nobody has said any of this. 

It's also not a left/right issue. Scalia would back everything I have said in here. 

timschochet said:
Right. But the problem is the law can’t pick and choose. If we eliminate the process for these guys then somebody who IS innocent might be executed. 
less and less in today's world of DNA, camera's etc and again, if they're 100% guilty like Cruz, why allow them 25 years on death row ?

can you give me one good reason Cruz is still alive today ?

less and less in today's world of DNA, camera's etc and again, if they're 100% guilty like Cruz, why allow them 25 years on death row ?

can you give me one good reason Cruz is still alive today ?
For like the 25th time in this thread the due process rights extended to the wrongfully accused are the same ones extended to the very much guilty. And that’s with good reason. 

Users who are viewing this thread