What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How to attack THIS draft? (1 Viewer)

LeadoffMan

Footballguy
4 Team PPR League with 6 pt passing td. TOTAL POINTS league.

2 QB

4 RB

5WR

1 TE

2 RB/WR/TE

What baseline for VBD?  Or would you even use VBD in this case? What positions are more meaningful?

LeadoffMan said:
4 Team PPR League with 6 pt passing td. TOTAL POINTS league.

2 QB

4 RB

5WR

1 TE

2 RB/WR/TE

What baseline for VBD?  Or would you even use VBD in this case? What positions are more meaningful?
I'm not touching QB in this format until very late.

Four teams? Not 14, four?

The smaller the league, the more every week devolves into a studs-vs-studs battle. You want guys at every position that are either guaranteed studs or have a reasonable chance to become studs. There's no benefit to steady Eddies and no real penalty for missing on guys since there's so much talent on the wire.

To use an example: Freeman and Jacobs are adjacent in ADP but in this format, give me Jacobs 100 times out of 100. Freeman is a known quantity whereas Jacobs could be special. Ditto Mike Williams vs. Landry, or McDonald vs. Cook.

VBD will tell you to take a ton of RB early in this format, and it's right. There will be ~20 starting RBs every week vs. ~24 starting WRs but there are only about 25 startable weekly RBs vs. maybe 50 WRs. I'd start off something like RB-RB-TE-WR-RB-RB, basically four starting RBs, Kelce / Kittle / Ertz (reach for them if necessary), and one stud WR. Get three QBs in the QB7-14 range** among a bunch of mid-range WRs, then spend all the rest of your picks on young RBs with talent and an uncertain role - Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Justin Jackson. You should have no WRs on your bench, ever - cover bye weeks off the wire.

** - But the same principle applies - get guys who might be studs. Wentz would be a must-own target of mine here. Wilson and Newton aren't far behind. You won't need to roster more than 2 so don't bother.

Last edited by a moderator:
guys that give you weekly advantage even against other studs....I'd go Mahomes/Kelce with first two picks....

Users who are viewing this thread