What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would Anyone Site Rodgers for Trubisky or Foles? (1 Viewer)

Yeah I would as I would play the matchups. I think Rodgers is not in the category of the EVERY WEEK MUST PLAY anymore. I would play the QB who has the best matchup. If all things equal, then Rodgers is the better play but if the match up is a lot better for one of the other two, I'll go with that. I feel that there are very few QBs now who are a must play every week.

You will have to see how the season plays out. I can't see Foles starting over the other two unless the Jags are a big surprise and Packers and Bears are a let down, but Trubisky has the potential to take a big jump this year I think. 

This week Rodgers and Trubisky are pretty similar in projections so take your pick. I would be starting one of those 2 and not take Foles until we know what they look like on O. 

I'm in a similar situation, and running Garoppolo over Rodgers as SF@TB should be a high-scoring game and Tampa Bay's defense is terrible. It's just hard to sit Aaron Rodgers... Have Chicago's defense to make matters more convoluted.  To answer you, I agree with Sasgaard, in that until Aaron Rodgers proves he's matchup proof I would shy away from playing him in Chicago

Last edited by a moderator:
No. Don't over think it. Rodgers ability to drop a ton of points on any defense in the league is still there. If I'm gonna bet against Rodgers (and I'm not saying I wouldn't), I'm certainly not doing it with the likes of Trubisky or Foles. Out of the 26 games he's played, Trubisky has had 4 great fantasy games. The rest have been a mishmash of mostly poor to mediocre with a couple above-average sprinkled in. And Foles is Foles. It's not like teams have been beating down his door for his starting services his entire career. I'd be riding with Rodgers if I were you.

There are probably 10 QB's I'd start over Rodgers this week. Trubisky and Foles aren't in that group. 

Users who are viewing this thread