What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Offense looks good....how did I do with my Defense? (1 Viewer)

highlander23

Footballguy
12 Team League- I'm pretty happy with my offense, but I'd love to get input on how you think I did with drafting my defensive guys.  I'm pretty happy, but it's good to get a few unbiased opinions!

Tackles and assists are all 1 pt each

Sacks are 5 pts each

Fumble Recoveries are 6 pts each

INTs are 6 pts each

TDs are 6 pts each

We also count return yards at 1 point per 10 yards and return TDs are 6 pts, so a few guys really go up in value.

We start 2 DL, 2LB, 2CB and 2S

DL- Danielle Hunter, Olivier Vernon and Nick Bosa

LB- Christian Kirksey, Jayon Brown and Patrick Onwuasor

CB- Adoree Jackson (gets a lot of extra points as a return man), Kyle Fuller, James Bradberry

S- Jabrill Peppers (again extra points as a return guy), Keanu Neal, Justin Reid

My offense (no PPR, QBs get 6 pts for TDs- start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K) if you want to comment on the whole team-

QB- DeShaun Watson, Lamar Jackson

RB- Nick Chubb, Chris Carson, Miles Sanders, Austin Ekeler, Alexander Mattison

WR- Tyreek Hill, Chris Godwin, Marquez Valdes-Scantlin, Michael Gallup

TE- Evan Engram, Trey Burton

K- Brett Maher

Thanks!

We start 2 DL, 2LB, 2CB and 2S

DL- Danielle Hunter, Olivier Vernon and Nick Bosa

LB- Christian Kirksey, Jayon Brown and Patrick Onwuasor

CB- Adoree Jackson (gets a lot of extra points as a return man), Kyle Fuller, James Bradberry

S- Jabrill Peppers (again extra points as a return guy), Keanu Neal, Justin Reid
DL is solid.  You’ve got sack-heavy scoring and these three are likely to be strong producers.

Adoree is sneaky good in return leagues and seems to get targetted a lot.  You don’t mention points for passes defensed, which kind of makes CBs useless, except for fluke ints.  

Safeties are solid...big fan of Neal, Reid should be ok.  Not a fan of Peppers but we’ll see.

LB is probably your weak spot unless Onwuasor gets most of Mosley’s production.  Jayon is underrated, but you don’t really have a good LB1.  That’s where I’d target any ugrade trading I did with this squad.

1 pt per 10 return yards isn't that big for punt return only guys unless they break one......then points are big (but that is a bit fluky).

I would mimic Arodin and say you need LB help.  I find it a bit strange that a fumble recovery is more points than a sack.  Those are completely random so hard to predict.  You might want to go after the strip sack guys as they can be huge points if they get the sack and fumble recovery. 

Users who are viewing this thread