What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What player are you most excited to watch Week 1? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Footballguy
Who are you excited to see?

I’m really interested in seeing what the young guys, like Metcalf and Preston Williams, can do. Saquon also is always too damn fun to watch. Who you looking forward to?

/Oats 

Who are you excited to see?

I’m really interested in seeing what the young guys, like Metcalf and Preston Williams, can do. Saquon also is always too damn fun to watch. Who you looking forward to?

/Oats 
You hit it for me... Saquan, and on the flyer end DK Metcalf. I cant wait to see Wilsons deep ball to him, or how he looks in the red zone.

Lamar Jackson

I think there is a legit chance he had one of those Michael Vick breakout games vs Miami and everyone calls him the next superstar QB....

And then fizzles out midway during the year.

Kyler Murray- by far the most interesting imo

Damien Williams and co - might be the most important for fantasy

Baker and the browns hype

Jimmy g and who he targets 

David Johnson and everything about his usage

Mark Ingram and the carry split in Baltimore

Josh Jacobs off the milk carton and into the fire 

Miles Sanders and the committee

Josh Gordon usage vs the Steelers should be interesting

Evan engram and sterling Shepard's target volume

Lockett- does he pick up where he left off?

Kerryon usage is pretty important. 

Steelers number two receiver and maybe the rb split.  

Derrick Henry, Guice and Duke are all interesting to see how they do fit fantasy. Duke is the only one that probably matters for NFL. 

Curious to see the usage split between Duke & Carlos

Last edited by a moderator:
Lamar....can he throw?

Kupp

Murray

AB......🙄

Fournette.....I didn't want him, but he fell, and I drank the off-season koolaid, dammit!

JuJu.....I invested heavily as my WR1

Drew Brees

He threw some ducks in the preseason, hoping he looks sharp and not "retirey" when the real games start

Rookies with varying degrees of opportunity. Guice, Henderson, Justice, Singletary, and Preston.

Also pretty much everyone on the Cardinals offense except the TEs. I think Kirk will become their #1 and Edmonds will have stand alone value. Hope Kyler stays healthy and they are behind often - could be a fantasy bonanza. 

Also also hoping they play terrible week one, but that’s another thread.

Who will emerge as the #2 receiver in Pittsburgh between Donte Moncrief and James Washington.  They will throw a ton and that #2 receiver could be like last years Juju and help win a lot of fantasy championships this year. 

I’ll add Goff and the entire Rams offense and defense.  What a fun team to watch. 
Clearly I’m biased but Gurley tops my list. With all the knee saga it will be nice to watch him come out and ball out. 

Not the end of the season last year
Agreed.  Seems to me Detroit looked like it came up with a defensive formula against Goff that others copied to good effect the rest of the year.  It will be interesting to see if the Rams change it up to adjust this year.

Agreed.  Seems to me Detroit looked like it came up with a defensive formula against Goff that others copied to good effect the rest of the year.  It will be interesting to see if the Rams change it up to adjust this year.
Hopefully Kupp will help combat that.

Nick Bosa - Better than his brother?

Gunner Olszewski - The next Julian Edelman

Joey Slye - Wont be shocked if he kicks a 60+ yd FG this week

Nick Bosa - Better than his brother?

Gunner Olszewski - The next Julian Edelman

Joey Slye - Wont be shocked if he kicks a 60+ yd FG this week
Go Hookies! 

I drafted him in a couple leagues.  He was pretty clutch the last couple seasons with VT. I was glad to see him win that job.

I'm excited to watch how the Browns utilize all that talent.  Seems like it should work on paper, but will it come together.

Dalvin Cook 2 years removed from his ACL. Hope he stays healthy and can finally show his talent for a full year. Love the way he runs.

JuJu. He is the man now. Tough test right out of the gate vs. Gilmore. Really interested to see that battle.

As very reluctant David Johnson drafter, I'll also vote Kyler Murray.

If he's terrible then my first rounder will almost certainly be a big ol' bust.

Mitch Trubisky
too soon man, too soon... Mitch would have been on my list a few days ago.

A bunch already mentioned and most of these guys are on my fantasy team:

Dalvin Cook! Let's see if he can stay healthy till week 2. We waited long enough to see what he can do. Let's go!!!!

Philly offense in general, Wentz, Sanders, and even Howard got me excited.

Curious how Cooper Kupp's return will impact Woods' production. Kupp's first go round before injury looked like he would have made Woods a lot less relevant than he was, but the Rams just gave him a decent raise.

Chris Godwin. Is there a player with more fantasy production hype than this guy in 2019? Would anyone call a season less than 1200 yards and 6 TD's a success for him?

and hoping a couple of longshot guys DJ Chark and Miles Boykin will make a fantasy impact this year.

Kyler Murray- by far the most interesting imo

Baker and the browns hype

Jimmy g and who he targets 

David Johnson and everything about his usage

Josh Gordon usage vs the Steelers should be interesting

Derrick Henry, Guice and Duke are all interesting to see how they do fit fantasy. Duke is the only one that probably matters for NFL. 
Good list. I left the ones I care about

Browns vs Titans could be fun, but I think the Titans defense will give the Browns enough trouble so we don't see their full potential.

Jets - can darnold take the next step? How's Bell?

Life after luck

Tyreek Hill - He's just so damn explosive and you can't turn away or you might miss a TD. I'm curious if he and Mahomes will be able to keep it up.

Deshaun Watson - With Tunsil, he's now got protection on his back side (in theory). He's got a healthy Fuller. He's got Stills. He's already good, but does he elevate himself further?

Duke Johnson - What's his usage as the man in Houston? Will he surprise others and be treated more as a bell cow?

Darrell Henderson - Does he see the field a lot? At all? 

Barber/Jones/Ogunbowale - How does this mix shake out and with Arians at the helm, did we possibly all underrate a useful RB2/3?

davearm said:
As very reluctant David Johnson drafter, I'll also vote Kyler Murray.

If he's terrible then my first rounder will almost certainly be a big ol' bust.
I do think this is the most interesting situation.

Users who are viewing this thread