What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Funny things athletes have said - no context (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
Antonio Brown's Instagram rant got me thinking about some things athletes have said that were either weird, funny or just out of place strange.  These are the gems I like to quote to people and act like I'm serious and it was my line.  So at work, I'll definitely be working in the "When your own team want to hate but there's no stopping me now devil is a lie", comment at some meeting.  Or maybe the "Everyone got to pay this year so we clear", line at the next dinner with have with couples.  

So for this thread, just drop a line from an athlete with no context.  Like so:

Straight cash, homie.

American basketball player DeMarcus Cousins shot back at a European reporter who asked him if he knew where to find Slovenia.

‘Do you know where Slovenia is?’ the European journalist asked Cousins.

‘No,’ the basketball center responded. ‘Do you know where Alabama is?’

American basketball player DeMarcus Cousins shot back at a European reporter who asked him if he knew where to find Slovenia.

‘Do you know where Slovenia is?’ the European journalist asked Cousins.

‘No,’ the basketball center responded. ‘Do you know where Alabama is?’
Not to get off on a tangent, but I agree with Cousins.  People in Europe love to give Americans crap about geography, but Europe is pretty much like the US and the countries are states.  Sure they can point out Canada, Mexico and the US on a map.  We can point out Africa, Europe and Asia.  But we can't point out those countries the same way they can't point out the individual states.  

From the wise sage Pat Ewing:

”We might make a lot of money, but we also spend a lot of money.”

Last edited by a moderator:
As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport, Soon the science will not only be able to slow down the ageing of the cells, soon the science will fix the cells to the state and so we will become eternal. Only accidents, crimes, wars, will still kill us but unfortunately, crimes, wars, will multiply. I love football. Thank you.

/Goat

Can we use coach quotes too?  Because former Bucs head coach John McCay’s response is my all time fave...

REPORTER:  What did you think of your team's execution, Coach?

McKay:  I’m in favor of it.

I got in the ambulance and looked back over there and I said, "Man, the wheels ain't knocked off that car yet. Get out. I gotta go.”

Users who are viewing this thread