What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I’m getting a vasectomy through Planned Parenthood - Ask Me Anything (1 Viewer)

Henry Ford

Footballguy
Today is my consult day; procedure will probably be in a couple months.  I am in the facility and will be until I am done with my appointment and will answer all questions asked as soon as I can. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Note: sign in was unquestionably the most thoughtful and respectful contact I have ever had with a healthcare receptionist, including asking how I identify racially and gender-wise and requesting my preferred pronouns. 

The facility is clean, bright, welcoming (once you’re inside, obviously) and has a number of “white noise” machines around so you can talk without feeling like everyone's listening to you. 

I am, to my surprise, not the only visibly male client today. In fact, it’s probably 50/50 and I’m reasonably certain the others aren’t here for a vasectomy simply because of their ages.  I assume testing is going on for some, but don’t know for certain. I guess 20-year olds may be here to get snipped.  

Oh, and I put this in the politics forum because it’s Planned Parenthood.  I assume I’m saving a mod some work moving it later. 

The facility is clean, bright, welcoming (once you’re inside, obviously) and has a number of “white noise” machines around so you can talk without feeling like everyone's listening to you. 
That’s to hide their baby butchering operation. I hear vas deferens make a good sausage casing. 

May I inquire as to why you chose Planned Parenthood over a Urologist for the procedure? And congratulations on making an excellent decision.

No offense intended @Henry Ford but I thought you were older so surprised to hear you are doing this.  Why are you getting it done now?

Good luck!

ETA - I guess I should have added that I assumed your wife is older too and maybe past her pregnancy years.

Because I still like to put my penis inside of women. 
ETA - I guess I should have added that I assumed your wife is older too and maybe past her pregnancy years.

I'm guessing I'm incorrect on that one?

Just to calm any nerves you may have - my procedure went fine, no severe pain, couple days off and some good meds, no complications.  I will note what I did on these boards at the time - for a period of time my emissions felt "different" - not good or bad, just different.  That went away.

I'm guessing I'm incorrect on that one?

Just to calm any nerves you may have - my procedure went fine, no severe pain, couple days off and some good meds, no complications.  I will note what I did on these boards at the time - for a period of time my emissions felt "different" - not good or bad, just different.  That went away.
Thanks. I’m feeling fine about it.  It’s time. 

I'm not squeamish at all. I asked for a mirror so I could see the procedure better, and they kindly obliged. It was interesting.

You guys find a lot of young dudes getting vasectomies? This seems like an old guy thing. 
I guess we thought you were ancient  ;)

When we were having our fourth kid we were talking to the doctor about my wife have a hysterectomy while in the hospital.  While discussing with her after the consultation, I said "if you do end up having the procedure, I'll still get the vasectomy, right?"  She asked why - my reply "well, I don't want to get any other women pregnant".  She wasn't amused.

Frozen Peas. And milk your down time as long as you can.

No Question, but comment. Make sure the person doing it didn't have the Bears D last night

I guess we thought you were ancient  ;)

When we were having our fourth kid we were talking to the doctor about my wife have a hysterectomy while in the hospital.  While discussing with her after the consultation, I said "if you do end up having the procedure, I'll still get the vasectomy, right?"  She asked why - my reply "well, I don't want to get any other women pregnant".  She wasn't amused.
I mean, Tony Bennett had a kid in his 70s. It’s just a good idea at some point. 

In fact, I’m not sure why it’s not a recommended thing. Like, your doctor should ask “can you imagine a scenario where you’d be happy at this point or in the future to hear that you got someone pregnant?” and if your answer is “no” then they schedule you to get snipped. 

I’m a little surprised the right wing of the board isn’t asking anything about the facility or staff. 

I mean, Tony Bennett had a kid in his 70s. It’s just a good idea at some point. 
You might want to keep this from any future scheming trophy wife you may acquire.  ;)

In the bigger picture, threads like these are helping in some small way to erase the negative perception of PP in parts of the country. It's an organization which has done a tremendous amount of good for the American people.

You might want to keep this from any future scheming trophy wife you may acquire.  ;)

In the bigger picture, threads like these are helping in some small way to erase the negative perception of PP in parts of the country. It's an organization which has done a tremendous amount of good for the American people.
That’s why I’m getting it done here.  I want my money to go to someone doing some good, not some dolt advertising his March Madness special on a billboard and buying his third boat. 

May I inquire as to why you chose Planned Parenthood over a Urologist for the procedure? And congratulations on making an excellent decision.
Sorry, I missed your question. Thanks for pointing it out. 

Two reasons: I want the money to go to a good  organization that needs it and most importantly....

Apparently planned Parenthood does more vasectomies than about anybody else. Ask a New Orleanian where to go to the hospital and he’ll say Ochsner or West Jeff: “unless I get shot. Then Tulane.  They handle ten times as many of those and know what to do.”

What process lead to the start of the Big Bang?

Also I’d love to know if the universe is finite or infinite?

Thanks.  

(You did say ask you anything)

You know how they're like "in 99% of cases this procedure is easy"?  Turns out that in this specific instance it kinda sucks to be a one percenter.  Hope things go smoothly for you.

• Laughing
Reactions: Ned
What process lead to the start of the Big Bang?

Also I’d love to know if the universe is finite or infinite?

Thanks.  

(You did say ask you anything)
You’re going to have to define process, but if I understand your question properly, there’s a tendency of electrons to pop into existence in the presence of a true vacuum.  

And yes. It is finite or infinite.

You’re going to have to define process, but if I understand your question properly, there’s a tendency of electrons to pop into existence in the presence of a true vacuum.  

And yes. It is finite or infinite.
While my understanding of quantum mechanics is elementary I’m not sure your statement is 100% correct (hence the challenge of quantum mechanics) but let’s assume for a minute it is.  How did this escalate so rapidly as to cause the Big Bang and the immediate creation of all matter?

Thanks.  Which one?

Users who are viewing this thread