What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Antonio Brown (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
Is another example of a narcissistic Millennial gone bad.  Here is a guy that just got paid 30M and he still has issues.  First, the helmet issues (not a Raider issue), then the frozen feet issu,e (again, not a Raider issue),  then not showing up for practice or walk-thus, again not a Raiders issue.  The Raiders paid him 30M guaranteed as he wanted.  This player seems to want to one-up his last transgression.  I honestly can't believe a player can be moved from the turmoil in Pittsburgh to Oakland and do what he's done having never played a meaningful down in Oakland.  To make threats to to the GM like he did, and make racial slurs like "cracker', and having not ever played a meaningful down for them yet?   The Steelers let him get away with all he did and Mayock called him out and he reacted like a child.

Last edited by a moderator:
With some of the hits he’s taken to the head, along with being homeless and living in a car when he was in high school, having to fight for everything he’s accomplished on the field and having made it.. I probably would not give and bleeps either man. 

Goodell needs to step in.  Would Ben Rothlisberger be starting this weekend if he called Mike Tomlin a racial slur?  I can't stand when certain people think and are treated like they are above the rules / law.

Sorry I don't mean to go all shark pooley on you guys, but what exactly what's the big deal with the helmet?  Was there ever a side by side comparison between the old & new?  I wasn't able to find anything when I searched a few weeks back?  Is the helmet change so minor that they look the same?  We heard absolutely no other WR's complaining about the helmet, so I assumed it was a preemptive excuse.  Genius if you think about it, but he dragged it out the schtick to long and has been forced to shift the game plan to "I'm more than a football player".   Unoriginal tired schtick that I believe has been used by multiple premadonna WR's 

Is another example of a narcissistic Millennials gone bad.  Here is a guy that just got paid 30M and he still has issues.  First, the helmet issues (not a Raider issue), then the frozen feet issu,e (again, not a Raider issue),  then not showing up for practice or walk-thus, again not a Raiders issue.  The Raiders paid him 30M guaranteed as he wanted.  This player seems to want to one-up his last transgression.  I honestly can't believe a player can be moved from the turmoil in Pittsburgh to Oakland and do what he's done having never played a meaningful down in Oakland.  To make threats to to the GM like he did, and make racial slurs like "cracker', and having not ever played a meaningful down for them yet?  What do you then?  The Steelers let him get away with all he did and Mayock called him out and he reacted like a child.
Just win baby.

Must be a wild world to live in where one thinks there is no difference between the N word and cracker. 
Yes, there is a difference, but they are still both racially driven and both utilized in a derogatory manner.  Are you suggesting referring to your boss as a cracker is acceptable in the workplace?  I think there is some validity to Phil's comparison.

Yes, there is a difference, but they are still both racially driven and both utilized in a derogatory manner.  Are you suggesting one is acceptable in the workplace?  I think there is some validity to Phil's comparison.
Where did I say or suggest it was acceptable? Don’t put words in my mouth.

Phil said imagine if a white guy said that to a black guy...that’s a false equivalence. 

Where did I say or suggest it was acceptable? Don’t put words in my mouth.

Phil said imagine if a white guy said that to a black guy...that’s a false equivalence. 
I didn't put words in your mouth.  I posed a question to you.  

I don’t understand what he is mad about. From what we have seen on Hard Knocks it looks like the Raiders have been very patient and accommodating with him despite having so much invested. He got fined for missing practice, which I assume they would do to any player and he escalated it. I just don’t get his thought process at all.  Why go nuclear and cost yourself $29M.  

Of course it’s not acceptable. I’m not defending AB at all. He’s nuts. 
Which is why I contend that there is some validity to Phil's comparison.  They don't have to be "equal" to suggest that both situations ought to be subject to consequences.

Understand this: this is what is inside of you. Yes, you.........me........her........them. There is a very tiny amount of AB in everything you do.

It is a remnant from when we were  herd animals which had to keep their place in the hierarchy or get less food, less poontang, greater danger of ostracization but had much less cerebral tissue by which to process the vagaries of existence and identity and therefore skulked in the corner of the cave consumed by recollection of all its failures in the hunt, the rut, the hut, the ####, the cut.

Jung called it the Shadow and thought it evil. It ain't, it's just scared. And highly reactive. Human misery occurs naturally, of course, but is also acquired by taking life personally when one doesn't have to. Your Shadow keeps that tab as surely as it drives your car in the morning, does your repeat work most of the day, monitors your systems. You can't do without it but, since you may just be finding out about it in this post, have no idea how to deal with it. Since it is the most selfish part of your behavioral structure and we worker bees get to be more selfish these days than we've ever been, we better become familiar pretty damn quick or there soon won't be enough drugs & societal codes to keep it quiet.

Usually, by the time The Shadow gains the status inside a person that it has in AB, it has punished or imprisoned others. The license and then publicity which enables the precocious athlete to turn its Shadow into a dance partner is unusual, usually contained somewhat by team concept but, now that it's out there as another facet of FabulousWorld - the place media has created for us to celebrate our personal monsters - it is an example for everyone tempted to follow suit. You folks think it's thick now, wait for a generation of Kardashians and ABs and RuPauls and Trumps as models for our children. You ain't seen nothin' yet.

I wish this would be the case but it will not be. 
Sure, he’s a larger talent than Kaepernick, but the number of franchises willing to take on a headache of such magnitude is definitely dwindling.

I’m more interested in how much this cost Rosenhaus or if he got all his cut upfront and Brown is left footing the bill still.

I don’t understand what he is mad about. From what we have seen on Hard Knocks it looks like the Raiders have been very patient and accommodating with him despite having so much invested. He got fined for missing practice, which I assume they would do to any player and he escalated it. I just don’t get his thought process at all.  Why go nuclear and cost yourself $29M.  
I don’t think he ever wanted to be a Raider in the first place. 

Antonio got released? Wow. So there is something to this thead. Maybe the Jets want him? 

Go get him with your cap room, fellas. 

I can’t see how anyone picks him up this year.  Maybe next year if he starts taking his meds again.

Why is "cracker" racist? It's a term blacks used because white slave owners "cracked" them with whips.  It's a term that is based in fact.  :shrug:
So then cotton picker is ok?

Cmon now

Full disclosure, I dont mind being called cracker.

So then cotton picker is ok?

Cmon now

Full disclosure, I dont mind being called cracker.
Black people had no choice BUT to pick cotton.  Or they got beaten with whips.  So.....it is factual that blacks picked cotton, but it wasn't by their own choice. 

You can't beat black people you own with whips, earn the name "cracker" because of it and then get butthurt when a black person calls you the name your ancestors rightly earned. 

things I learned today-   Mayock beats his black players with a whip and earned the nickname "cracker"..  

Black people had no choice BUT to pick cotton.  Or they got beaten with whips.  So.....it is factual that blacks picked cotton, but it wasn't by their own choice. 

You can't beat black people you own with whips, earn the name "cracker" because of it and then get butthurt when a black person calls you the name your ancestors rightly earned. 
Wat?

My ancestors are from Norway. 

P.S. I wouldn't be butthurt about anyone calling me anything; they are just words.

Users who are viewing this thread