What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Choose one (1 Viewer)

Tight End

• Total voters

bostonfred

Footballguy
Pick one at each position. 

Quarterback - two high upside running qbs, one with a little more experience and the other with more hype

Running back - two guys who are ostensibly backups week 1 but who could be fantasy rb1s without an injury to the guy in front of them

Wide receiver - two guys over 30 with wr1 upside who could easily put up a goose egg this year.  

Tight end - two guys who are the second guy drafted on their teams but have the ability to put up fantasy relevant numbers even without an injury to their starter. 

I'll take Murray white green doyle personally.  Murray because i think they'll run a hundred more plays than the ravens do. White because he was a rb1 last year and his floor is higher, but also because I'm higher on Williams. Green because i don't trust receivers changing teams to begin with, but i see this as very close and am most interested in this one.  And doyle because he was really good with Jacoby a couple years ago and i can see him returning to that, but the recent injuries at wide receiver do open some potential touches for Goedert so again it's very close.  

Ill take Jackson, white, brown and Goedert.

Jackson was incredible at the end of last season and reportedly worked all offseason on his release point and timing with his receivers.

White, cuz I'm not sure how much shady has left in the tank.

Brown is a monster on the field. Off it, different story. Last I checked, they play the games on the field.

Goedert is physically more talented than Doyle, and the Colts have a really talented athlete called Mo Allie Cox who I believe Brisset worked with all summer on his route running and timing, keeping Doyle as an afterthought. Last season, when Cox came in it was mostly as a decoy on running plays, with a few highpoint catches. They trust him as a blocker, as evidenced in the playoffs, and now with his summer work, I think they'll trust him as a receiver. That is to say, it's not that I think Goedert will do much this season, just will do more than Doyle.

I went Jax/white/ab/goedert. I was surprised to be in the majority with each of those. @bostonfred (wow there’s a few Fred’s from Boston aliases) makes an excellent point about pace and performance. I have both pegged as backup targets and would be happy with either for redraft as a backup and would consider either fornweek 1. 

I almost went McCoy, but I feel that whole backfield will be spread out like Chicago’s seemed to be. White has his defined role and maybe less boom potential but is the safer pick. 

Even if AB misses a game I’ll take the healthy former stud over the injured former stud missing 4 (at least). 

I don’t expect reliable weeks from either Doyle or goedert this year, but if I had to pick one to own week 1 I’d take goedert and his superior athletic profile. 

Last edited by a moderator:
What’s the story behind this? 
Just similar players.  I was talking to another owner in my dynasty about  Antonio Brown's trade value. Neither of us own him, but he's the guy who has bought up Josh Gordon for a first and Tyreek Hill for Amari Cooper so this is apparently his kind of player.

He asked what Ithought he'd have to give and i said aj green is probably similar. He acted like that was too much, but i thought they were nearly identical - same age, both could be wr1s, or in the worst case, both could never play another snap.  I think it's really close between the two, so i decided to start a poll and then figured I'd add some other similar (in my mind) players for discussion.  

U sure you mean to compare Doyle?
Yeah definitely.  They're both underrated by people who remember last year's numbers but both could be very good tight ends this year at a cheap price.  

Last time doyle played with brisset he had 80/670/4. The year before that he had 59/584/5. Last year he missed ten gsmes but had 6 games of 26/254/5 - which is pace for 70/700/5. His 

Goedert only played 6 games last year and had 33/334/4 - that's pace for 88/888/10, but he's got a much smaller sample size to work with.  

I think it's reasonable to project doyle for low end te1 numbers but he's going undrafted after Ebron's big year.  I think it's reasonable to think goedert takes a step forward, but that's a crowded receiving corps, and he isn't a guy you can comfortably start yet.  

Wide receiver

Antonio Brown (redraft)

AJ Green (redraft)

For posterity as brown just posted on Instagram asking for a release

Oh, well. For the week, it is still the better pick, sine, like you said, Green is a sure thing to be out. For the season, Green was the better pick even before this latest development, because there  was such a good chance something else would happen. THought it would take more than a day, though!

Yeah definitely.  They're both underrated by people who remember last year's numbers but both could be very good tight ends this year at a cheap price.  

Last time doyle played with brisset he had 80/670/4. The year before that he had 59/584/5. Last year he missed ten gsmes but had 6 games of 26/254/5 - which is pace for 70/700/5. His 

Goedert only played 6 games last year and had 33/334/4 - that's pace for 88/888/10, but he's got a much smaller sample size to work with.  

I think it's reasonable to project doyle for low end te1 numbers but he's going undrafted after Ebron's big year.  I think it's reasonable to think goedert takes a step forward, but that's a crowded receiving corps, and he isn't a guy you can comfortably start yet.  
Goedert played 16 games last year.

Either way, taking Goedert is basically an upside play in case of an Ertz injury down the stretch (which has happened several times).

Wide receiver

Antonio Brown (redraft)

AJ Green (redraft)

Lol brown still getting votes 
I would still take Brown just on the chance he plays.

AJG is definitely out for a while, is at an age where he could fall off a cliff at any day, has a history of not playing very well when coming back from injury, and has an injury that players notoriously struggle with all year while playing well below par.

Goedert played 16 games last year.

Either way, taking Goedert is basically an upside play in case of an Ertz injury down the stretch (which has happened several times).
Yeah i should have said that better. He only "played"/caught balls in 6, but when he did they were good games.  That's unpredictable barring an injury or a change in his playing status, but with the injuries to eagles wide receivers already it could mean he gets more chances. 

Wide receiver

Antonio Brown (redraft)

AJ Green (redraft)

For posterity as brown just posted on Instagram asking for a release
Wide receiver

Antonio Brown (redraft)

AJ Green (redraft)

Brown winning 15 to 14 since this post... wow 

Murray, McCoy, Green, Goedert 

upside in 3 out of 4...went Green over Brown because Brown because I am much more confident in Green actually playing this year.

Oh, I read chosen one and thought this was a trump thread.

lulz  my bad  I finally get that part about the draft It's not when the player is drafted  We're talking when he's taken in your fantasy draft  Thought the OP was being like me and getting a player or two twisted  Also not changing my vote!  Think AB has the more potential  Dude could sign w/ the Giants and light it up   Bias maybe  Can't recall the last Bengal player I was to big a fan

Users who are viewing this thread