What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rest of Season PPR : Metcalf or Stills? (1 Viewer)

Jayded

Footballguy
Redraft (2 Keeper), PPR

Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, W/R/T flex

Current team:

QB: Carson Wentz, Jimmy G

RB: Zeke, James Conner, Melvin Gordon, Mike’s Sanders, Devin Singletary

WR: Tyreek Hill, Josh Gordon, Curtis Samuel, Larry Fitzgerald, Kenny Stills

TE: OJ Howard, TJ Hockenson

I currently grabbed Stills when traded to the Texans. As a Texans fan I need folks to keep me honest since I know WR is my weakness.

We are position capped to prevent hoarding so my question is whether I drop Stills to grab Metcalf right now for free? After today waivers and mid season fun begins. 

As I see it, your WR bench (and possibly where your flex is coming from) has a high upside guy (Samuel), a reasonably high floor guy (Fitz, hopefully) and Stills, who I see as somewhere in between. Given your strength at other positions, I would try to maximize your upside at WR. Even though Houston should be pretty explosive offensively (lucky you, Homer, I'm stuck up here in Buffalo), I think Metcalf gives you higher upside at WR and flex. I'd make the switch. Reasonable chance you can get Stills back next week if you want to, as Coutee may actually lower him to Houston's WR4 by then.

Good luck.

Stills will do more today but for the season I think I would gamble on Metcalf as the WR2 for Seattle rather than Stills as the WR3 for HOU

Done! Thanks folks. 

I also see we left Golden Tate on the wire so I agree with the upside comments and if Stills is gone and DK gets hurt or flutters, I’ll snatch up Tate before his suspension is up. 

Redraft (2 Keeper), PPR

Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, W/R/T flex

Current team:

QB: Carson Wentz, Jimmy G

RB: Zeke, James Conner, Melvin Gordon, Mike’s Sanders, Devin Singletary

WR: Tyreek Hill, Josh Gordon, Curtis Samuel, Larry Fitzgerald, Kenny Stills

TE: OJ Howard, TJ Hockenson

I currently grabbed Stills when traded to the Texans. As a Texans fan I need folks to keep me honest since I know WR is my weakness.

We are position capped to prevent hoarding so my question is whether I drop Stills to grab Metcalf right now for free? After today waivers and mid season fun begins. 
Sorry, I realize I'm late replying but anyway it sounds like you went Metcalf, which I'd say is probably the right way to go. The score vs the Saints was sweet - and Stills is very, very capable of that.... but so is Fuller, so is Hopkins. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread