What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rams vs Panthers - Week 1 (1 Viewer)

Surprised we're well into the second and no commentary.

Been a pretty defensive battle so far with CAR D looking good against the run and pass -- some of this might be more on Goff, he's looking tentative, widely overthrew two open receivers, not seeing others over the middle while looking for a safety blanket in Kupp on a down or two.

Gurley looks fine, running with some burst. CMC studly as always. 

Rams finally in a position close enough to kick the FG, 3-0.

Rams look like they get their second turnover off a fumble, inside the redzone.

Brown punching it in for the TD, reviewing to see if knee was down before crossing the stripe.

As long as Gurley isn't injured.  I have woods Goff and Gurley.. And thought I had a guaranteed td and was shocked to see who scored it. Lol

Goff should have made that completion to a receiver over the middle on that last 3rd and 3. Was a beat too late hearing defenders closing in. That's a thrown he needs to make, but looking tentative.

For all Cam's egotistical Superman posturing, CMC shows why he is the real Superman on the squad.

Guy is unreal, huge elevation on that hurdle, hope his knee is OK after that.

Rams couldn't get it done and settle for a huge 56 yd FG by The Leg.

Rams pulling away but this game is very in reach for the Panthers in the second half if they can get it together.

Rams looking like one hit wonders last year.  🤮
It’s the pre-season lull.  They looked awful in game one against the Raiders last year too but found their groove late in the game.  Panthers D is way strong then the Raiders last year.  I was very worried about his matchup to start the season.  If we find a way to speak it out I will be very happy. 

Cooks with his first reception, nice 24 yard slant where he gained a solid step on the DB and Goff hit him.

Went right back to him on a nearly identical play again.

Gurley fumbled it, but the Rams fell on it, and the play was called back. Gurley was back in on this last play. Goff a few times today has not looked his way when he has been open for a pass. Goff seems to lock in on players sometimes.

Yup...Gurley is toast.  He has 6 carries and Brown is getting all the love inside the 10, and looks great.  I know its week 1.  I dont care.  The evidence is too strong.  

I don't get it. Gurley has looked fine running the ball. That series that the Rams just had was Brown's series.
Exactly.  Gurley’s avenging 5.5 yards per carry with tons of snaps.  Nothing to see here ya’ll.  Looks exactly like the Rams from the past 2 years. 

He has 6 carries.  I have him in both of my dynasty leagues.  I want to believe too, but this is pretty clear.
He has been open several times for a pass, and Goff stares down a player he wants to throw to, and doesn't even look at what other players may be open.

Agree with @simey that it's still week one and outside that fumble, think Gurley has shown some burst.

Also undeniable that Brown is looking just as good, and clearly making more of what he's been given in this game.

I think it was always clear (to me) at least that the Rams would go into this season protecting Gurley by splitting carries.

This game seems to simply cement it.

Users who are viewing this thread