What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

new helmets (1 Viewer)

elitzer

Footballguy
maybe the nfl should listen to ab about the new helmets.how the heck does a guys head gets split open with a helmet on.maybe nfl needs to go back to the drawing board!!! before someone dies with these new helmets

maybe the nfl should listen to ab about the new helmets.how the heck does a guys head gets split open with a helmet on.maybe nfl needs to go back to the drawing board!!! before someone dies with these new helmets
Who’s head got split open?   Just tuning in to games now. 

Was it a newly introduced helmet for this season or an older model?

they changed them last year i thought.and players had up to start of practice this year to change from there old helmets

I''m not sure how accurate this is--but being that I''m from So cal--I'm watching the game live on tv.  McCaffrey accidentally kneed Weddle on the side of the head on a crazy leaping play.   The local station reported out here that the laceration to Weddle was on his forehead.  My only thought was maybe that the helmet did a nice job absorbing some of the initial impact--but possibly the violent impact caused the helmet to shift/move which is what caused the laceration?  

they changed them last year i thought.and players had up to start of practice this year to change from there old helmets
No, there is a list of approved models that players may choose from.

I have no idea if Weddel chose a new model this season.

But, no, the NFL did not mandate every player switch to a specific new helmet this season.

Users who are viewing this thread