What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WAIVER WIRE PICK-UPS AFTER WEEK 1 (1 Viewer)

TZMarkie

Footballguy
 Sorry if there is already a topic, but I didn't see it after a quick scan.

Its that time again, for the waive wire targets and who we are targeting early.

Shoot - who ya got???

Just for KICKS  :lol: , I'll nominate ZANE GONZALEZ .... because he looks like the only AZ offense.

TZM

QB: Andy Dalton

WR John Ross

WR DJ Chark

WR Hollywood Brown

WR Terry McClauren 

WR: KC 3rd string, Robinson? 

RB Ronald Jones 

RB Mike Davis 

RB CJ Anderson

RB Gio Bernard 

DEF: Titans

shadyridr said:
I was shocked to see him available in my league this morning. I picked him up and started him for AB!

That being said he was owned in 60% of leagues so probably not available in a lot of leagues. 
49% in Yahoo leagues.

Preston Williams. Almost had 2 TDs. But only if FitzMagic keeps playing, as he kept plays alive multiple times by scrambling.

Brown has to be the #1 pickup, right? 

Or was that just how bad Miami is?

asking for myself. I have 1.01 priority & lost Hill for a few weeks.  :unsure:

Miami looks epically bad. Florio reporting that after the game several players called their agents and told them to demand trades. They feel the FO and coaching staff are tanking.

Miami looks epically bad. Florio reporting that after the game several players called their agents and told them to demand trades. They feel the FO and coaching staff are tanking.
I doubt if anyone who has real trade value is demanding a trade with the possible exception of Drake who probably wants more playing time.

John Brown was my first thought. He looks to be the number 1 option and is a good flex play.

Hollywood seems like he could be flakey. I think I read somewhere that he only played 20 or so snaps. I'd go with Andrews if I'm grabbing a Baltimore pass catcher. 

Maybe Ronald Jones at RB, but I think he's a fluke.

problem with Hollywood Brown long term value is you have to trust that his production today was legit AND Lamar is legit. He was wide open on the two long ones. How often will that happen against good defenses who are now watching film on him. agree though he gotta be the #1 target this week.

along the same line, DJ Chark looks like a legit deep threat. really sucks Foles went down. same thing here as Brown, gotta trust the QB and this is worse than trusting Lamar. Minshew looked good today against a decent defense though.

I'll be honest: I don't know, but I do think you have to factor in how bad Miami was and is.  I don't think Hollywood or BA does this against 3/4 of the teams in this league.

I'll be honest: I don't know, but I do think you have to factor in how bad Miami was and is.  I don't think Hollywood or BA does this against 3/4 of the teams in this league.
The speed though - that translates anywhere. 

I almost added him before the weekend but didn’t know who to drop. Now I know, but it’ll cost me that 1.01 priority. 

Ugh. I think I may pull the trigger. 

Seems as it's a week for WR, one extreme or the other

Old guys

• Danny Amendola - How long before he gets hurt? But cannot ignore the 13 targets
  • Jamison Crowder - 17 targets??? Even if he keeps up half of that, could be a great PPR flex
  • Larry Fitzgerald - Ole reliable
Young guys

• Hollywood Brown - 4 targets scares me, despite what he did with them (might already be rostered but quite possibly not in redraft)
  • John Ross - Did he finally break through? Having 12 targets makes him my most valuable of the young guns to bid on this week
  • DJ Chark - See Hollywood Brown plus add rookie QB
  • Chris Conley - Interesting as folks will rush more to Chark, but Conley saw more consistent targets with both QBs (though Westbrook had a down game)
  • Deon Cain - Funchess apparently broke his collarbone and someone needs to step in. Could be a good why-not if the above aren't an option

I'm going to assume Fitz and Hollywood were drafted for argument's sake, so the order/bids I'm making:

1. John Ross
  2. Jamison Crowder
  3. Chris Conley
  4. Danny Amendola
  5. Deon Cain??? Will wait a bit to see what exactly happens with the Colts there

Users who are viewing this thread