What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WAIVER WIRE PICK-UPS AFTER WEEK 1 (1 Viewer)

I have the number #1 waiver and im probably going to spend it on Tj Hockenson. Someone dropped mike williams in my league, would u guys rank him higher than Hockenson and the rookies WRs ? im thin at WR

I have the number #1 waiver and im probably going to spend it on Tj Hockenson. Someone dropped mike williams in my league, would u guys rank him higher than Hockenson and the rookies WRs ? im thin at WR
I would but Williams was injured yesterday & I don't know how bad it is.

One of the challenges is not over reacting Week 1 but at the same time you might only get one swipe to grab one of a couple players that could provide immediate help. 

As an aside, DeSean Jackson was available in like 1:4 leagues this week. 

I wouldn't sleep on Hollywood but I also would not expect big things weekly, Lamar Jackson did his damage between the numbers, let's see what a real defense offers up as resistance next week. I want to see that guy throw up the sidelines before we anoint him as the new Top 5 QB Club Member. 

I would also encourage owners to check what players rode the bench on rosters this week, easier to try and trade for them IMO. 

Adrian Peterson - if anyone panic dropped him after that healthy scratch. 

MRI on Guice’s knee = lots of AP

Not a professional rapper, that was accidental. 
Yeah, that was me. And I drafted because I wasn't sold on Guice. Picked up CJA instead (wasn't sold Washington defense/OL). Hmmm.

That said, I'm eyeballing AJ Brown instead of anyone else (and hard NO on Devante Parker) OR I'll just save my #1 priority for next week. Have Dante Pettis, Anthony Miller, Keke, and MVS as my WRs-in-waiting.

For RBs, Malcolm Brown and Gio are available so I might stash one them as my RB lotto pick (along with CJA). Malcolm looked good running the ball yesterday and I think that Gurley will be rested and/or miss a game or two with that arthritic knee of his.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd get Hockenson. TE1's are hard to come by.

How much do you bid on these guys.  Assuming a $1000 (that's the normal amount right?), ya know what just give me a % of bid dollars. 

John Brown - Not as youthful as others, seems to be Josh Allen's preferred target, lots of shootouts or negative gamescripts

John Ross - Youth on his side, in an offense way better suited.  Actually played meaningful snaps unlike Marquise Brown, AND he balled out

Marquise Brown - Didn't play as many snaps as you'd like to see, could be the secret weapon to unlocking Lamar though in the future

Keelan Doss - You want the youth side in dynasty at least, could be a huge beneficiary with no AB 

Deon Cain - No Funchess anymore, Brissett isn't nearly as bad as people want to believe, still going to be #3 or #4 in the read though most of the time

These seem like the priority add's in deep dynasty leagues.  They're the most meaningful names in a lot of my leagues considering I don't do re-draft.  

How much do you bid on these guys.  Assuming a $1000 (that's the normal amount right?), ya know what just give me a % of bid dollars. 

John Brown - Not as youthful as others, seems to be Josh Allen's preferred target, lots of shootouts or negative gamescripts

John Ross - Youth on his side, in an offense way better suited.  Actually played meaningful snaps unlike Marquise Brown, AND he balled out

Marquise Brown - Didn't play as many snaps as you'd like to see, could be the secret weapon to unlocking Lamar though in the future

Keelan Doss - You want the youth side in dynasty at least, could be a huge beneficiary with no AB 

Deon Cain - No Funchess anymore, Brissett isn't nearly as bad as people want to believe, still going to be #3 or #4 in the read though most of the time

These seem like the priority add's in deep dynasty leagues.  They're the most meaningful names in a lot of my leagues considering I don't do re-draft.  
Doss is on Jax practice squad

barackdhouse said:
I saw him drafted as early as the 6th. Not on waivers in any of my leagues.
He’s available in every league I’m in Redraft only.

Tex

For deeper leagues and dynasty, Keesean Johnson (no, not that one) rolled over positive play from TC and preseason into the regular season. Worth a spot, IMO

i have the 1st waiver claim and deciding between hockenson and hollywood brown. The reason i am leaning hockenson is due to the fact the waiver wire is dreck for tight ends. My starter is Ertz. There are a ton of wr's available on the wire ( john brown, ross, aj brown, metcalf, chark, cain, keesean johnson, crowder, mclaurin etc) thus why i am leaning hockenson and i can grab a wr once waivers clear, since are waivers roll over once you make a claim. 

Ministry of Pain said:
One of the challenges is not over reacting Week 1 but at the same time you might only get one swipe to grab one of a couple players that could provide immediate help. 

As an aside, DeSean Jackson was available in like 1:4 leagues this week. 

I wouldn't sleep on Hollywood but I also would not expect big things weekly, Lamar Jackson did his damage between the numbers, let's see what a real defense offers up as resistance next week. I want to see that guy throw up the sidelines before we anoint him as the new Top 5 QB Club Member. 

I would also encourage owners to check what players rode the bench on rosters this week, easier to try and trade for them IMO. 
Oh no Jackson may have to use his legs against a real defense.

i have the 1st waiver claim and deciding between hockenson and hollywood brown. The reason i am leaning hockenson is due to the fact the waiver wire is dreck for tight ends. My starter is Ertz. There are a ton of wr's available on the wire ( john brown, ross, aj brown, metcalf, chark, cain, keesean johnson, crowder, mclaurin etc) thus why i am leaning hockenson and i can grab a wr once waivers clear, since are waivers roll over once you make a claim. 
Are you me?

Exact same situation (and I'm a birds fan!) except I have OJ Howard at TE. I could use some WR help behind Julio and Diggs, but Hockenson has the look of an every week starter.

Hard to see Hollywood being consistent, but my god what if?

This is my thought too.

I have Ertz but can Flex TE so Hockenson gives me real options. Also keeps a potential league winner off another team.

I just lost Tyreek though so my WR2 Hilton becomes my WR1 and we have shallow benches so my bench stash Gallup now ascends to the starting role.

I feel like I have to grab a WR but am so unsure who I’d like to snag and not sure it’s worth the waiver.

Hollywood Brown has the flash.

Ross feels small to me and caught a break not getting his second td intercepted.

Tyrell Williams is available and seems to be a true number 1. He’s where my head is leaning at right now.

Chark looks the part of the prototypical WR but there’s a lot of questions on that team.

I know this happens every year but it’s tough to figure out who the flash in the pan is.

This is my thought too.

I have Ertz but can Flex TE so Hockenson gives me real options. Also keeps a potential league winner off another team.

I just lost Tyreek though so my WR2 Hilton becomes my WR1 and we have shallow benches so my bench stash Gallup now ascends to the starting role.

I feel like I have to grab a WR but am so unsure who I’d like to snag and not sure it’s worth the waiver.

Ross feels small to me and caught a break not getting his second td intercepted.

Tyrell Williams is available and seems to be a true number 1. He’s where my head is leaning at right now.

Chark looks the part of the prototypical WR but there’s a lot of questions on that team.

I know this happens every year but it’s tough to figure out who the flash in the pan is.
If he was on my waiver wire I'd grab him 1st without thinking twice, FWIW.

Are you me?

Exact same situation (and I'm a birds fan!) except I have OJ Howard at TE. I could use some WR help behind Julio and Diggs, but Hockenson has the look of an every week starter.

Hard to see Hollywood being consistent, but my god what if?
Julio is also 1 of my 2 wr also. Is your waiver wire stacked with wr?  

I absolutely agree with you about hockenson having the every week starter look which is very appealing to me considering Patricia drafted him.

I agree with you about hollywood brown and being reliable, that's my hold up because we just dont know about the ravens offense will look against a defense and brown only played 12% of the snaps granted the score dictated that. But man hollywood had another level.

What direction you going?

Trying to  to find guys who won't cost anything now but might break out next few weeks instead; you could say a pre-emptive strike.

What's the deal with Damiere Byrd for the Cardinals? No highlights or anything, but he played most of the game for them, more than the darling KeeSean.

Hardman filled in mostly for when child abuse guy got hurt, but also saw a lot of snaps just from 3 wide sets. He could maintain value even when Hill returns.

That's all I've got.

This is my thought too.

Agree with you I could use hockenson in the flex also. I am with you hockenson is a top 10 tight end

I would go with williams also since you just lost hill for 6 to 8 weeks.  Williams will be your every week starter. You cant beat that even if it takes you out of the running for hockenson 

This is my 21st year playing fantasy and I don't remember this many possible pickups after week 1.  Sure there's going to be some Frisman Jackson's in there, but man this is crazy.

All available in my redraft league...Malcolm Brown, Hyde, R. Jones and AP or C. Thompson 

J. Brown, M. Brown, Ross, AJ Brown, McLaurin

Amendola, DK, Ginn, the new KeeSean and the Jax receivers, but I'm not sure about them.  13 targets is a ton though.

Oh and Hockenson 

Julio is also 1 of my 2 wr also. Is your waiver wire stacked with wr?  

I absolutely agree with you about hockenson having the every week starter look which is very appealing to me considering Patricia drafted him.

I agree with you about hollywood brown and being reliable, that's my hold up because we just dont know about the ravens offense will look against a defense and brown only played 12% of the snaps granted the score dictated that. But man hollywood had another level.

What direction you going?
At the moment, Hockenson but I'm gonna keep looking at it. Seems like so many possible outcomes for Hollywood. They won't be playing Miami every week.

There are a bunch of other WRs available on the wire like Terry, Ross, Ammendola but I assume they'll be gone if I grab Hock.

I dropped Ross early this offseason pretty much so I could pick up Mclaurin. I guess that's a wash, right? I don't feel like being the one blowing my FABB budget on Ross :wall:  

Users who are viewing this thread