Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
TZMarkie

WAIVER WIRE PICK-UPS AFTER WEEK 1

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Oh I hear ya. 

And I concede that I may be completely wrong.

but I’m thinking this was Ross’s high water mark for the year. 

Oh I'm sure it is his high water mark.  I'm looking for consistent targets with the occasional homerun.....Green coming back doesn't scare me, but Dalton does.  Mahomes he is not.

3 minutes ago, Manster said:

Oh I'm sure it is his high water mark.  I'm looking for consistent targets with the occasional homerun.....Green coming back doesn't scare me, but Dalton does.  Mahomes he is not.

A top 10 wr when healthy who Dalton forces the ball to doesn't worry you?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, arctic_panzer_wolf said:

That pass he caught at the beginning of the 3rd quarter was very impressive.  Completely juked out someone then bulled his way for some more yards.

Funny part was after weaving in and out of traffic he seemed to ook for someone to hit....and made the dude feel it when he tackled him 

Edited by da_budman

5 minutes ago, Manster said:

Ross tends to disappear when Green is on the field, so that’s actually my #1 comcern there. 

1A is Dalton & 2 is the game-flow was a little wonky. 

3 minutes ago, Skoo said:

I'm excited to see if anyone good gets rage-dropped after a crappy week 1.

Same here.  I couldn't decide how to order all the WRs, so I ended up putting in a claim for Ronald Jones instead.

If I don't get him, I'll wait and see who gets dropped.  Every year, a few guys you were pissed about missing on draft day suddenly show up on the WW.

I like Ross ok at WR as well.

But very hard to ignore Crowder's 17 targets and lack of competition for catches.  Im not worried about Robbie Anderson as he seems just to be a guy who goes in spurts only.  Im looking for someone to replace Marvin Jones on my roster...not a huge fan of even having drafted him and the competition for targets in Detroit has me worried on him. Seems to rely too heavily on TD to be productive as my 4th WR.

IMO...Crowder is my #1 pickup of the guys like Ross, Hollywood Brown, and McClaurin.  I may even rank that group Crowder, Ross/McClaurin (and I lean a little towards McClaurin) and then Brown.

Thoughts?

13 minutes ago, Weebs210 said:

A.J. Green has been dropped and is on waivers in two of my re-draft leagues.

17 minutes ago, Weebs210 said:

I'm thinking like Djax or Lockett.

RB:  I like what I saw from Malcolm Brown...getting the goalline looks and plenty of carries.  Can he sustain that...will they still limit Gurley that much.  And how long before Henderson gets an increased roll.  That worries me there.

Ronald Jones looked much improved...I think he is the better back over Barber...will TB stick with him long term this year...will he lose receptions to Dare?

The question marks there have me sticking with Breida at the back of my roster for now...especially with Coleman dinged.

7 minutes ago, davearm said:

Same here.  I couldn't decide how to order all the WRs, so I ended up putting in a claim for Ronald Jones instead.

If I don't get him, I'll wait and see who gets dropped.  Every year, a few guys you were pissed about missing on draft day suddenly show up on the WW.

Who are the best rage-drop candidates?

Moncrief?

Ballage?

Reed?

Doyle?

Rudolph?

Coutee?

I’m not sure I would want any of these potential drops.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Scooby1974 said:

A.J. Green has been dropped and is on waivers in two of my re-draft leagues.

I would grab him in both over all these rooks.

12 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

.  Im looking for someone to replace Marvin Jones on my roster...not a huge fan of even having drafted him and the competition for targets in Detroit has me worried on him. Seems to rely too heavily on TD to be productive as my 4th WR.

IMO...Crowder is my #1 pickup of the guys like Ross, Hollywood Brown, and McClaurin.  I may even rank that group Crowder, Ross/McClaurin (and I lean a little towards McClaurin) and then Brown.

Thoughts?

I like Crowder best of those, though I don't know that I'd be ready to drop Jones for him.

Something to file away, is that he's probably getting some of Herndon's targets now

Edited by Mystery Achiever

1 minute ago, Weebs210 said:

I would grab him in both over all these rooks.

Probably dropped due to no idea when he'll be back. It sounds like he is progressing very slowly from injury. I may try to snag him. I'd got late waiver priorities.

8 minutes ago, Scooby1974 said:

Probably dropped due to no idea when he'll be back. It sounds like he is progressing very slowly from injury. I may try to snag him. I'd got late waiver priorities.

I think we should get an update this week sometime. But may be to late if it's postive news.

11 minutes ago, Mystery Achiever said:

I like Crowder best of those, though I don't know that I'd be ready to drop Jones for him.

Something to file away, is that he's probably getting some of Herndon's targets now

Ive never been a fan of Jones...and that is a very crowded team with targets (at least til Amendola inevitably gets hurt) and I will likely have a share of Hockenson in that league as well.

Jones may have the bigger weeks (because of TDs) but Crowder, IMO, will be more consistent.  I still haven't decided to pull that trigger yet though.

11 minutes ago, Scooby1974 said:

May not have the luxury if they have a team like mine that has four injured players already. :loco: I'm trying to hold onto Coleman through injury, but may not be able to. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Choosing between Waller and Hockenson.  Leaning TJ ever so slightly.

I don’t think you can go wrong for either, there’s no wrong choice here.

Tex

38 minutes ago, Gold Fox said:

Moncrief?

Ballage?

Reed?

Doyle?

Rudolph?

Coutee?

None of those but maybe guys like Tevin Coleman, Corey Davis, Guice, Miles Sanders, Darwin Thompson, Justice Hill, Penny, Ebron, Pettis, Jaylen Samuels.

Maybe someone looks at these waiver darlings and changes their mind about waiting it out on AJ Green or Kareem Hunt.

Lots of possibilities.

1 minute ago, davearm said:

None of those but maybe guys like Tevin Coleman, Corey Davis, Guice, Miles Sanders, Darwin Thompson, Justice Hill, Penny, Ebron, Pettis, Jaylen Samuels.

Maybe someone looks at these waiver darlings and changes their mind about waiting it out on AJ Green or Kareem Hunt.

Lots of possibilities.

Can't wait to rid this waste of space from the one team I drafted him late.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, davearm said:

Lots of possibilities.

Thinking about dropping Coleman for a number of the guys mentioned in this thread. Don't think he'll be back for at least a few weeks and I'm not sure how effective he'll be then, anyway.

18 hours ago, leftcoastguy7 said:

lots of WR and TE talk here fellas.

I need an RB bad.

17 hours ago, Uncle Leo said:

Bernard

CJ Anderson

Gallman?

If the Giants are going to keep sitting Saquon when they are out of the game, well...that's a lot of opportunity.

24 minutes ago, IheartGuinness said:

Thinking about dropping Coleman for a number of the guys mentioned in this thread. Don't think he'll be back for at least a few weeks and I'm not sure how effective he'll be then, anyway.

As mentioned above, me, also; very thin at RB, now. At least he has an early bye, so would be available rest of season once back.

Standard scoring league, who would you take first, Gallup or Sutton?

Kind of like Gallup's potential in that new-look offense for Dallas, but Sutton looked great last night and no one knows how Flacco will distribute as the year progresses.

I'm going for Terry, $23 out of $100 FAAB.  All the other waiver WR are on teams already. Case likes him, and once Haskins is the starter, imminent most likely, it will be like they're back at Ohio State together, instant chemistry.  He was on the field for +90% of snaps as well.

My only concern is if I should bid more.... just upped it to $33

Edited by ahartig

11 minutes ago, LOCO said:

how do we rank?

hollywood

scary terry

courtland

crowder

IMO

Crowder, Sutton, McLaurin, Brown (but think Brown and McLaurin are pretty close...Brown more explosive but think McLaurin will be more consistent)

23 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Standard scoring league, who would you take first, Gallup or Sutton?

Kind of like Gallup's potential in that new-look offense for Dallas, but Sutton looked great last night and no one knows how Flacco will distribute as the year progresses.

The Gallup question is a good one. I currently have Crowder, McLaurin, AJ Brown, John Brown, and John Ross available, and I'm tempted to go for Gallup over them all. 

Anyone with the #1 priority thinking that since this is such a juicy week...not taking anyone in hopes of someone who you value higher than any current FA getting cut?

Gallup shouldn’t be on any waiver wire

3 minutes ago, joffer said:

YR LEEG SUXOR?

5 minutes ago, joffer said:

Crowder is a bigger mistake to be on the wires and would be snapping him up if available over every single WR mentioned so far.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sho nuff said:

I like Ross ok at WR as well.

But very hard to ignore Crowder's 17 targets and lack of competition for catches.  Im not worried about Robbie Anderson as he seems just to be a guy who goes in spurts only.  Im looking for someone to replace Marvin Jones on my roster...not a huge fan of even having drafted him and the competition for targets in Detroit has me worried on him. Seems to rely too heavily on TD to be productive as my 4th WR.

Thoughts?

I wish he was available in even 1 of my leagues or that I bid higher on him in my auction drafts but I agree 100%

Darnold is afraid to throw past 10 yards from the line of scrimmage and that short zone is exactly where Crowder lives. 

I expect Crowder and Bell to receive a good chunk of targets in that offense. 

As for Robby Anderson owners...Godspeed 

Edited by PigSkinMan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PigSkinMan said:

I wish he was available in even 1 of my leagues or that I bid higher on him in my auction drafts but I agree 100%

Darnold is afraid to throw past 10 yards from the line of scrimmage and that short zone is exactly where Crowder lives. 

I expect Crowder and Bell to receive a good chunk of targets in that offense. 

As for Robby Anderson owners...Godspeed 

same thing haopened to robby a last year took them awhile to get on the same page.  there were several near misses and robbys stat line would look alot better

12 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Crowder is a bigger mistake to be on the wires and would be snapping him up if available over every single WR mentioned so far.

Even in standard scoring?

5 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

same thing haopened to robby a last year took them awhile to get on the same page.  there were several near misses and robbys stat line would look alot better

Robby needs more of a gunslinger QB who can actually throw a ball confidently down the field. If you like him in dynasty, I’d sell and then buy later if/when he gets paired with a more compatible QB. 

In redraft im not sure how you can start him with confidence even as a WR3/WR4 in 12 team PPR. 

Im sure he’ll have a few solid FF games but there’s going to be some really ugly ones as well. Especially since Crowder, Bell and possibly even Herndon will run routes Darnold is more comfortable with. 

1 minute ago, dahabi said:

Ok I have whittled it down to two. .5 PPR...AP or Hockenson. I have no idea what to do. 

FWIW, AP is on waivers in one of my leagues and I don't even have any interest...that said I don't need RB help at the moment either.

Unless you REALLY need RB help right now, I'd go Hockenson. Even when AP was the starter last year, he wasn't someone you could really rely on for fantasy. 

Hockenson on the other hand could end up as this year's Kittle (praying he does since I'm grabbing him)

Even if you don't need a TE, if he's a stud he'll have trade value.

• Like 1

I'll tear thru a few of the likely waiver wire pickups tonight. I can't speak for every league but we have 60 RBs on rosters right now, there really isn't a lot to go and grab or will change the arc of your season, at least not yet.

RBs

Believe it or not Malcom Brown was not chosen in my league, software at RT shows he is owned 26% of rosters so it happened a lot. The other RB back up in Los Angeles ironically was the one chosen with Brown left on the wire. But I would ask, how often does he plunge in 2 TDs? if you don't own Gurley what's the real benefit? Plan on starting him this week? 

After that it's Darren Sproles, it's Gallman for the Giants, Mike Davis...there just isn't much to get excited about. 

WRs...however there are a few names on this list. 

-John Ross(5% Owned): Had a great game, will likely gather up targets while AJ Green is sidelined, no reason to believe he doesn't hit 12-15+ this week vs San Fran at home, I would think this could fill in on a flex spot for at least 1/4-1/3 of most league owners right now. Sure he is going to slide off when AJ returns but Green isn't playing this week as far as I know, ride Ross right now. 

-Hollywood Brown(34% Ownership), the new motion picture from Tarantino set to drop this Turkey-Day. All jokes aside I am not as high in redrafts on this guy as a lot of others are going to be...how many passes did Hollywood catch outside the numbers down the field? How many passes were thrown with ZERO pass rush allowing him plenty of time to work on getting open? Don't think for a second he will ever make it look this easy the rest of the season...I'll get to Lamar Jackson, actually I'l do it now. I was impressed but he had ALL Day to throw, let me stress that NOBODY got a hand anywhere near him and I think some of these stats are inflated...20 pass attempts, 85% completion rate and 5 TDs or 25% of all pass attempts went for a GDmoFoTOUCHDOWN!!! You tell me the odds that he can keep this up? What are the odds he can even keep up 75% of that production every week? I wouldn't spike the ball just yet if I owned Lamar Jackson and yes I had to face him this week and I lost 155-154 in one of the most bitter Week 1 losses ever, just a kick in the groin to a Phinsfan, gawd I love my team 😛 and yes I feel I'm being objective 😂

Philip Dorsett(6%): You can't expect much with AB joining the team but he is a groin pull or muscle cramp from being a very productive WR. 

DJ Clark(6%) and Chris Conley (1%), happy to see another owner take a chance on one of them. It seems reasonable that a 2nd or 3rd WR that might have worked with DimSum Gardner or Gardner Mayock or what's his name again? Good Luck. 

Terry McLaurin (7%): He did manage 5/125/TD on 7 targets, the Skins figure to be throwing a lot and last I checked they don't have a strong WR unit where you just point at one and say "That's the Guy" and I'm not sure they have an alpha dog at WR for quite a while now...As I am writing this down he seems to make some sense. Vernon Davis had 7 targets, Richardson had quite a few but McLaurin made his count. I would keep an eye on this guy despite the QB situation, Skins allowed Case Keenum 45 pass attempts, that seems like a lot.  

Danny Amendola(6%): I'm sure a lot of folks will see 14 targets and run to the podium but...Detroit played 5 Full Quarters and I also think they might not throw it as much to him week in and week out, and Matt Stafford who is floating around in some redrafts too, I wouldn't start penciling these guys in just yet. Detroit ran like 80-90 plays I think and that is way over what they want to be doing as an offense and their philosophy...vs Arizona, they want as many snaps on offense as they can get. Detroit is not pushing tempo on offense so don't get too caught up in Amendola's numbers.He gets hurt rather easily to boot. 

DK Metcalf is available in my league and I might be in position to get him but I also think when you look closely at Seattle and the passing numbers, things don't add up. I've seen very few rookies make it and this guy is already on almost 70% of rosters, to me that makes him a sell high possibly. If you have someone salivating for this guy in redraft I would send him on his way. He is an interesting physical specimen of a WR there is no debate about this...but he is mostly a straight line guy and I just don't see Seattle becoming vertical suddenly. He will get some catches but I believe he will go thru a streak of games that look something like this...3/70, 2/54, 4/70, and he is going to look sensational doing it but I don't see him getting 8-10 steady targets weekly. He is a pretty shiny sparkly attractive player to a lot of FF owners but I think his rookie year is going ot be a little more sizzle than actual steak. He is fun to watch. 

Preston Williams(6%) I already posted my opinions about him in his own thread but I am skeptical of anything that Miami is doing other than losing by 30-40 points every week. This is going to be ugly, and I can understand why you might feel you have discovered that NBA guy who scores double digits as his team is getting waxed by 20 every night but he sleeps better knowing he is avg 17 a game...looter in a riot if you will. You could do worse as a WR6 on your roster but I think things in Miami are going to be so ugly, the likes of which we've never seen. I think all options are on the table when discussing if Miami can make it until the end of the year without the Commissioner taking over until new ownership can be found...it could get that bad.  

Edited by Ministry of Pain

3 hours ago, Gold Fox said:

Moncrief?

Ballage?

Reed?

Doyle?

Rudolph?

Coutee?

Count me in as someone who may be ‘rage dropping’ Moncrief or Goodwin for one of the WRs. I’m loaded at RB with Lockett and Moore as my main 2 WRs. Some of the guys on the wire represent a better chance at contributing along the way than some guys sitting on benches. Moncrief is hard though because he was targeted so much. Feels like one more week is needed to see what happens 

For those blind bidding for Hock this week, what % of your budget are you thinking?  I have Engram in a PPR league with a flex but I'd like to keep him away from the rest of the league.  35%?  Higher?

4 minutes ago, coyote5 said:

For those blind bidding for Hock this week, what % of your budget are you thinking?  I have Engram in a PPR league with a flex but I'd like to keep him away from the rest of the league.  35%?  Higher?

He looks like the real deal, potential league winner.  If he was on the wire in my league (12-team - 0.5 PPR, TE start with two superflex as well) I'd go higher

Edited by ahartig

30 minutes ago, dahabi said:

Ok I have whittled it down to two. .5 PPR...AP or Hockenson. I have no idea what to do. 

28 minutes ago, Skoo said:

FWIW, AP is on waivers in one of my leagues and I don't even have any interest...that said I don't need RB help at the moment either.

Unless you REALLY need RB help right now, I'd go Hockenson. Even when AP was the starter last year, he wasn't someone you could really rely on for fantasy. 

Hockenson on the other hand could end up as this year's Kittle (praying he does since I'm grabbing him)

Even if you don't need a TE, if he's a stud he'll have trade value.

26 minutes ago, Mystery Achiever said:

Agree unless you need RB help now. After being  a healthy scratch this week, would worry about what happens when Guice gets back.

AP a temporary fix. Hock for the long term with upside.

12 minutes ago, coyote5 said:

Seems a lil high just playing defensively? Engram is the real deal. Hock would most likely sit on your bench when you might need that FAAB cash down the road?

In a short bench 12-team league and somehow Tyrell Williams wasn't picked up prior to last nights' game. 

What % would people put on him?

Would he be higher priority than say Hockenson?

I was considering spending FAAB money on Jamison Crowder after he received 17 targets Week 1.  How much, if any, do you think the Demaryius Thomas to the Jets trade cuts into Crowder’s production?

22 minutes ago, Gary Coal Man said:

I was considering spending FAAB money on Jamison Crowder after he received 17 targets Week 1.  How much, if any, do you think the Demaryius Thomas to the Jets trade cuts into Crowder’s production?

Thomas on the squad in Week Two, Herndon back in Week Six including a Week Four bye week. They both will cut into Crowder's targets. Crowder is optimally designed to catch 7-8 balls a game for about sixty-seventy yards. He's a straight PPR guy on the Jets, and that's his output, IMHO. 

Don't forget, with Bell and Enunwa and Thomas, those goal line looks are going to be hard to come by for him.

That's just an FYI and my opinion. I dropped him in a .5 PPR league before Week One and I'm still not looking back, all things considered. 

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, 4th&inches said:

In a short bench 12-team league and somehow Tyrell Williams wasn't picked up prior to last nights' game. 

What % would people put on him?

Would he be higher priority than say Hockenson?

I’m in this same predicament after losing Tyreek But I have Gallup as my new WR2 coming off the bench.

My personal feeling after watching the tape is that Tyrell provides a nice WR1 on a team so he holds a lot of value there, but Hockenson seems to have the potential for league changer so I think I’m focused on him with my waiver pick and can flex him if need be.

We don’t use waiver blind bids, so I’m not much help there, but I currently have the number 2 waiver priority if that helps you think about it.