What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WAIVER WIRE PICK-UPS AFTER WEEK 1 (2 Viewers)

I have Engram and Henry, Hock is the play for me. Henry is inconsistent, Engram ha Eli but if the Giants keep losing there could be a change at QB and that won’t be good for Engram. I’m grabbing Honk as insurance then I’ll grab whatever WR is available to play along side Hilton.

Tex

I have Engram and Henry, Hock is the play for me. Henry is inconsistent, Engram ha Eli but if the Giants keep losing there could be a change at QB and that won’t be good for Engram. I’m grabbing Honk as insurance then I’ll grab whatever WR is available to play along side Hilton.

Tex
Engram is the clear #1 receiver on the Giants and doesn't look to have any competition for that role this season. They'll be playing from behind a lot. I don't see why he won't be the same safety net for Jones as he is for Manning.

Surely Mecole Hardman has to be a consideration with the Hill injury?

No targets but he actually played 78% of their snaps!

And this week Reid will be sure to involve him in the game plan.

here's how I rank the top guys (in tiers)

Best combination of high and realistic upside

Ronald Jones

High Floor

Chris Thompson

Look to be a big part of the offense

John Ross (probably higher for me since I own Green, so kind of a reverse handcuff.  high upside, high variability)

Terry McLaurin  (probably safer, lower ceiling)

High Ceiling/High Risk/Better Chance to Hit

Hollywood Brown

Mecole Hardman

High Ceiling/High Risk/Low Median Outcome due to dumb or uncertain offenses

AJ Brown

DJ Chark

DK Metcalf  

Handcuffs with a good chance of starter missing time and ability to contribute even if not

Gio Bernard

Malcolm Brown  

We know who and what you are and apparently you still have something but how can I get that excited?

Amendola

Still Sleepers but maybe worth grabbing if you want free/low cost/post-waiver claims

Ito Smith (50% snap count)

Alexander Mattison (10 touches)

Gus Edwards (17 touches)

Trey Quinn (97% snap count & 6 targets)

Damiere Byrd/Keesean Johnson (88% & 7 targets/76% snap count & 10 targets)

Deebo Samuel (88% snap count)

rascal said:
How much faab is terry mclaurin worth?
In my leagues you never no. Somebody may bid 30% in one and he may go for 6% in another. It appears he is going to have a solid role in that offense and may be even better if and when his college QB Haskins gets in there. I left myself very weak at the number 4 WR position on an otherwise very good team. My number 3 Dede Westbrook may take a hit with Foles out. I'm considering over bidding to make sure I get him. It would be interesting to here what others are thinking to get a better idea of what the ball park number should be. I feel like 17% is about right but again I'm kinda desperate.

I'm in a deeper league so their isn't much available.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronald Jones

High Floor

Chris Thompson

John Ross (probably higher for me since I own Green, so kind of a reverse handcuff.  high upside, high variability)

Hollywood Brown

Mecole Hardman

AJ Brown

DJ Chark

DK Metcalf  

Handcuffs with a good chance of starter missing time and ability to contribute even if not

Gio Bernard

Malcolm Brown  

We know who and what you are and apparently you still have something but how can I get that excited?

Amendola

Still Sleepers but maybe worth grabbing if you want free/low cost/post-waiver claims

Gus Edwards (17 touches)

Agree with most of these, except DK Metcalf.   Seahawks are run first, but they still have a passing game, and only 2 WRs saw targets.   He's going to get targets and red zone opportunities.  I'd rate higher.

Ronald Jones

High Floor

Chris Thompson

Hollywood Brown

Mecole Hardman

AJ Brown

DJ Chark

DK Metcalf  

Gio Bernard

Malcolm Brown  

Amendola

Gus Edwards (17 touches)

Where does Tyrell Williams fall in this analysis? He went undrafted and under the radar through the whole AB shenanigans in my league.

Thought about adding him but short benches and WR depth was okay. Lost Tyreek is seeking an option.

Just curious as he’s not discussed much because he’s likely rostered a lot of places.

coyote5 said:
For those blind bidding for Hock this week, what % of your budget are you thinking?  I have Engram in a PPR league with a flex but I'd like to keep him away from the rest of the league.  35%?  Higher?
I’m in at 24%. Drafted Henry

Don't think I’ll get him

Agree with most of these, except DK Metcalf.   Seahawks are run first, but they still have a passing game, and only 2 WRs saw targets.   He's going to get targets and red zone opportunities.  I'd rate higher.
that's fair.  he was probably the toughest one for me to decide on.  he's probably got more of the tools to be a major all-around threat.

I feel like between Hollywood Brown and McLaurin, Hollywood is the biggest risk. He is a very exciting Homerun hitter but can he get the singles and doubles that add up to points in the middle innings? Or will he be dependent on the long ball? McLaurin seems the safer option with similar potential for the long ball. The team situation also means more at bats for him as opposed to the Ravens who can run the ball down opponents throats an entire game and only need Lamar to toss it 15 times. Redskins will likely be playing from behind more often than the Ravens.

Where does Tyrell Williams fall in this analysis? He went undrafted and under the radar through the whole AB shenanigans in my league.

Thought about adding him but short benches and WR depth was okay. Lost Tyreek is seeking an option.

Just curious as he’s not discussed much because he’s likely rostered a lot of places.
I have been a Tyrell fan for a long time.  I would probably make him the number 1 WR target.  Guaranteed volume and a known commodity.    I would accept arguments for others that might have higher ceilings, but he probably has the highest median outcome of any of these receivers.

I have been a Tyrell fan for a long time.  I would probably make him the number 1 WR target.  Guaranteed volume and a known commodity.    I would accept arguments for others that might have higher ceilings, but he probably has the highest median outcome of any of these receivers.
It's Tyrell, McLaurin, Ross, M Brown for me.   I have the 12 WW spot so those names don't matter to me probably.  I will be looking at Amendola or Chris Conley.  

Thanks. That’s my consensus as well, but I have a big shiny Hock staring at me as well. Can go for them both but it means dropping a RB flier I don’t want to part wats with.

How much FAAB budget is TyWilliams worth? Thin at WR and planning 40%.  I've got John Brown on the bills at 25% as a backup.    

Gary Coal Man said:
I was considering spending FAAB money on Jamison Crowder after he received 17 targets Week 1.  How much, if any, do you think the Demaryius Thomas to the Jets trade cuts into Crowder’s production?
I would say a lot. Thomas looked ok in the one preason game he played in NE.

Scary Terry Vs Hollywood Brown is killin me. 

I like Brown’s QB a LOT more.

the Redskins won’t be running as much as the Ravens.

Keenum isn’t going to be this good every week.

Ravens aren’t playing Miami every week.

Brown is electric. 

Scary Terry is also capable of the big play. 

Brown 14 snaps.

Terry was on the field damn near every play.

gah. Imma spend my 1.01, but just cannot decide. This is killin me. Feel like whichever I pick it’ll be the wrong dude. 

:wall:

How are people factoring in the sexual accusations against AB?  I was pretty much ready to write off Dorsett but now...  Not so sure?

Brown is electric. 

Brown 14 snaps.

gah. Imma spend my 1.01, but just cannot decide. This is killin me. Feel like whichever I pick it’ll be the wrong dude. 

Kind of where I’m at. Difficult one 

Brown is electric. 

Brown 14 snaps.

Once Keenum gets benched, Haskins will be the guy. Terry and Haskins were teammates last year at Ohio state. I’m all in on Terry. 

MVS is available in one of my leagues.  Where would you guys fit him into the wr mix post week one?
High priority. Packers don’t play the bears every week. 

Probably higher than anyone but Tyrell Williams among receivers 

Yeah now that I've actually put in all my (initial) bids, I'm finding it is Terry that I am interested in the most. Brown is only available in like two leagues and I put bids in on him just below the amount for Terry. I see him as getting the largest target share. Don't know what to make of Brown targets in Baltimore.

Would anyone drop Christian Kirk (WR4) for one of the week one WR wonders?  Kirk got plenty of snaps and targets.  I'm trying to stop myself from useless roster churning but it's sooo tempting to try McLaurin or AJ Brown in particular.

MVS is available in one of my leagues.  Where would you guys fit him into the wr mix post week one?
I just traded for him in one league and am starting him in another. I don't love the matchup this week either but I am pretty thin at WR in that league and already need help there. He will have big weeks here and there as GB picks up some steam. 

Yeah now that I've actually put in all my (initial) bids, I'm finding it is Terry that I am interested in the most. Brown is only available in like two leagues and I put bids in on him just below the amount for Terry. I see him as getting the largest target share. Don't know what to make of Brown targets in Baltimore.
They could increase. Remember, this was a blowout & Brown coming off a foot injury. Why keep running him out there? 

That’s partly why I’m so torn.

that said, we know Terry will he in there getting targets. It’s speculation that Brown will see an increase. 

Would anyone drop Christian Kirk (WR4) for one of the week one WR wonders?  Kirk got plenty of snaps and targets.  I'm trying to stop myself from useless roster churning but it's sooo tempting to try McLaurin or AJ Brown in particular.
I’m not a big Kirk guy, but as that game went on, we saw some of what their shiny new QB is capable of. 

Given more time & confidence, he could be the real deal. 

And if that’s the case, kirk will be in for some big games. 

I’d hold. 

I watched all the catches of most of these guys we are all talking about.

After doing so, I have personally decided on Hock. The guy was getting free with ease and running crisp routes with great hands.

Brown is electric. 

Brown 14 snaps.

I would go with the better player and that is Hollywood.  I'll be honest: I was a doubter. Generally guys who miss a lot of OTAs and preseason do not start well. But he is beyond that now and he looks really good. Neither guy is available in my dynasty but the guy I would want is Hollywood.  He has a much higher ceiling.

I watched all the catches of most of these guys we are all talking about.

After doing so, I have personally decided on Hock. The guy was getting free with ease and running crisp routes with great hands.
Even though I'm set at TE, slightly weak at WR (Amari, Josh Gordon, Robby Anderson, Sutton, & Mike Williams) & I "think" if I get Malcolm Brown the Gurley owner would make me an offer, I'm also leaning Hock over both Tyrell Williams & Malcolm Brown. 

although I might flip flop again like 5 times before the WW deadline tonight... Ahhhh Week 1 Waivers!

I was set on Hock or a WR darling but not sure i want to drop anyone or spend the FAAB to get them. Dropped Boykin for Waller sun morning, have Engram. I could use WR help but feel ok there..end of my bench is probably Hunt who i really dont want to drop...dropping Waller to spend 30%+ FAAB on Hock seems counterproductive

On a similar topic, who is on this weeks drop list?

Personally, I'm debating if Pollard &/or Darwin Thompson are worth holding onto in my semi-deep bench league. Both "could" be lotto tickets, but neither has much value currently. 

Justice Hill is also on my drop list as a few things need to happen for him to be relavent as well

edit: I'm also considering dropping Robby Anderson in my .5PPR league as I'm feeling he might be the odd man out there.

Who else is on your drop list this week?

On a similar topic, who is on this weeks drop list?

Personally, I'm debating if Pollard &/or Darwin Thompson are worth holding onto in my semi-deep bench league. Both "could" be lotto tickets, but neither has much value currently. 

Justice Hill is also on my drop list as a few things need to happen for him to be relavent as well

edit: I'm also considering dropping Robby Anderson in my .5PPR league as I'm feeling he might be the odd man out there.

Who else is on your drop list this week?
I also have Pollard and Thompson.  Gonna hold both for now, one a handcuff, the other potential keeper. Dropping Damien Harris.

Not a chance. 

Even over someone like Watkins?

Tex

I would go with the better player and that is Hollywood.  I'll be honest: I was a doubter. Generally guys who miss a lot of OTAs and preseason do not start well. But he is beyond that now and he looks really good. Neither guy is available in my dynasty but the guy I would want is Hollywood.  He has a much higher ceiling.
I want the guy with lesser talent but the much bigger opportunity share and that's McLaurin. Dude is more a track guy with 4.3-ish speed, but you saw that speed on display and really should've had a bigger day. He has less competition for his target share than Brown: Washington's other WRs are Paul Richardson, Trey Quinn, Kelvin Harmon, and Steven Sims Jr. Brown has to deal with another talented WR in Boykin and current "#1 WR" Willie Snead. If McLaurin can learn the nuances of the WR position he's primed to become the #1 WR on a Washington team that may be playing from behind constantly and has to pass.

BigTex said:

Tex
Mind breaking down how exactly a change at QB will be bad for Evans? Normally it's supposed to be a good to a great thing for a TE to have a rookie QB On a side note I'm not so sure Eli had such a bad game Giants put up 470 total yards against what might be an okay defense

Even over someone like Watkins?

Tex
i mean, he is like 94% owned, but if he's out there, yes, i would probably take Watkins.  Only concern would be health history, but he physically looked fantastic on Sunday.   Also can he be the number 1 guy and/or can Hardman take enough attention away to open things up.  But still, number 1 WR in probably number 1 offense, yes.

Got Mclaurin for 25% and Ross for 5%. Pretty happy with my haul although not exactly sure what im gonna do with them. I have 3 good WRs already. Sometimes I wonder if it's better to save money until I really need something but I can't help myself. 

i mean, he is like 94% owned, but if he's out there, yes, i would probably take Watkins.  Only concern would be health history, but he physically looked fantastic on Sunday.   Also can he be the number 1 guy and/or can Hardman take enough attention away to open things up.  But still, number 1 WR in probably number 1 offense, yes.
It's confusing why he's out on waivers, but there are ten-team leagues with short benches or leagues with transaction fees people might not want to pay, etc. -- or even a draft that just got away from league members. Or a dynasty squad with fees, again. But Watkins was WR #2 on that offense to begin the year. That says something.

I'd say it's a slam dunk that Watkins go over Williams in any waiver claim, but that health history is troubling if you're making Watkins your man and now I'm talking myself out of an obvious pick-up choice whereby I'm overthinking it. Watkins in a wash. 

I went all in on Raider TE Darren Waller Both dynasty leagues and my redraft league.

He will be #1 or #2 in targets on this team and he looked like a beast. This kid has a chance to be a top 5 TE and his story is a great one to boot.

Got A.J. Brown, Hollywood Brown, and Malcolm Brown for 50% of budget. Have J. Gordon as WR2 so I needed help because of the targets that will go to Edelman and Antonio Brown.

Went RB-RB-RB in redraft draft. 

Very happy with my pickups here, though I'm having to look at cutting Justice Hill as I'm w/o a DEF right now.

Receivers are: Allen Robinson, J. Gordon, Fuller V, Valdez-Scantling, DK Metcalf, M. Brown, A.J. Brown.

John Ross III sits on the wire for some reason. I'm actually taking the floor instead of the temporary ceiling and dropsies. I guess he comes back in 11 personnel as the WR3 for Cincinnati, and I'm trying to figure out their distribution with A.J. Green, whenever he comes back.

My roster is a murderers row of WR2s with no stud there. Hoping the Browns (A.J. and Hollywood) can become WR1s on run-first offenses that develop a passing attack. (Hey, that's why those guys are on the wire). 

Users who are viewing this thread