What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 7 BUY LOW & SELL HIGH thread (REDRAFT) (1 Viewer)

Wasn't Hopkins ADP like mid first round? How is that buying low?

And I'm not sure Le'Veon GMs are thinking to move him right now.
Buying low in the sense that it probably would've cost more before his last game. And you may be right...but I'm trying to figure out a Saquon contingency plan. 

Buying low in the sense that it probably would've cost more before his last game. And you may be right...but I'm trying to figure out a Saquon contingency plan. 
Yeah, my post sounds a little questioningly hysterical. It wasn't supposed to have that tone at all. I'm just curious. Hopkins for Bell is probably a straight-up trade that's pretty even ADP-wise. I think Hopkins went higher, actually. Yeah his ADP was 1.5, Bell's 1.7. You're not really buying low with Bell here if you're giving Hopkins. 

But good luck with the absence of Barkley. Bell has been touted by PFF as actually a worthy investment. 

Yeah, my post sounds a little questioningly hysterical. It wasn't supposed to have that tone at all. I'm just curious. Hopkins for Bell is probably a straight-up trade that's pretty even ADP-wise. I think Hopkins went higher, actually. Yeah his ADP was 1.5, Bell's 1.7. You're not really buying low with Bell here if you're giving Hopkins. 

But good luck with the absence of Barkley. Bell has been touted by PFF as actually a worthy investment. 
Part of my motivation is just due to circumstance. I got decimated at RB, more than I ever have in almost twenty years of playing this game. I had Saquon as my #1, D. Williams as my #2, and Coleman as my #3. Also had Singletary. Trying to keep the position cobbled together with chewing gum (Chris Thompson) and twine (Darrel Williams).

Anyway, we shall see. A trying start to this season for some of us...

Part of my motivation is just due to circumstance. I got decimated at RB, more than I ever have in almost twenty years of playing this game. I had Saquon as my #1, D. Williams as my #2, and Coleman as my #3. Also had Singletary. Trying to keep the position cobbled together with chewing gum (Chris Thompson) and twine (Darrel Williams).

Yep, I understand. Everybody's circumstance is different. Good luck with the season.

I'm in the same boat, I've been trying to trade Barkley for a 2nd tier RB, but so far no takers.  I'm 2-1 and trying to get by with an underperforming RB core, Barkley was a brutal loss.  Right now I'm rolling with Kerryon Johnson, James White, a huge disappointment in L. Murray, and a lottery ticket in M. Brown.  The WW is bare.

Is the consensus that the Vikings will start throwing more?
I'm not familiar with how the Vikings HC and offensive staff think, but if half of Minnesota is down on Cousins for greatly diappointing them last year and they've reduced his passing load this year I'd say the Vikings would rather trust their run than trust Cousins.

Didn’t you say you’re trying to trade FOR him lol ?

Youre making good pts to steer clear 
I find myself doing an amazingly good job of this with Sony Michel, only I'm trying to trade Michel, so it's sort of self-defeating. 
If you can find a league where you're allowed to own 2 teams, you can spend the entire season trading and fleecing yourself in both directions.

Cowboysfan8 said:
Didn’t you say you’re trying to trade FOR him lol ?

Youre making good pts to steer clear 
True but isn’t any buy low candidate going to have good arguments for why they are sell? I mean you can’t buy low on someone like Dalvin or Julio or McLaurin who have nothing but positive marks across their whole season.

IheartGuinness said:
Thinking about Leveon as a buy low candidate. Might try and offer Hopkins for him straight up.
How is that buy low? I don't think he's buy low anyway. Most owners realize Sam is coming back and he's had 2 good games. 

True but isn’t any buy low candidate going to have good arguments for why they are sell? I mean you can’t buy low on someone like Dalvin or Julio or McLaurin who have nothing but positive marks across their whole season.
This is true, but you really ripped him a new one :lol:

I've been trying to buy high on Julio-  I really love that he only has 3 outdoor games ROS  @CAR, @TB and @JAX  Week 11,15,16.

I'm getting close in a Chubb package - he's tough to gauge in itself.  He's getting all the touches now but Hunt is coming back and maybe Cleveland isn't as good as we think?

We start 1RB,1WR, 2flex (I've been using Cook and have Mixon behind him.  (Hopkins, Hilton, Ridley, Gallup, Sutton) are my WR's

What is everyone's thoughts on Chubb long for ROS compared to Julio?

Roster preferred? Cook, Julio, Hopkins or  Cook,Chubb,Hopkins?

If I get Julio it's likely a Julio/Diggs for Chubb/Hilton?

Week 5 Buy Low/Sell High - Who we thinking? I'll be putting my focus on some 0-4 teams and seeing if they are in panic mode yet trying to stack some wins.  Is it time to check in the Tyreek Hill owner and see what record they have?

Hopkins might be the best chance you can get him all year...

jm192 said:
that seems super cheap
You think that's cheap? Guy traded Barkley straight up for Sony Michel in my league... and he had 4 other RBs plus Kareem Hunt on his team.

EDIT: Some people buy into injuries a lot and I think he felt Barkley would be out more than 8 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Hunt complicates everything or I'd say status quo b/c I like to be strong at RB.

But Hunt...

man...
My $.02...  I don't see Hunt taking very many touches from Chubb.  I anticipate Hunt being the receiving back, which Chubb doesn't do tons of.  FWIW.

Thinking of selling "high" on both Gurley and Dak. Dak has a brutal playoff schedule and this past week has me a little nervous. First good defense they played really.
I think you're right on Dak.  I think he's been elevated to a "best in the NFL" tier due to recent success.  That's the very definition of "sell high".

Had 2 success stories

1.  Dynasty league:  Sold Kerryon and Landry both off of a big game for Tyreke hill

2.  Redraft 0.5 PPR:  I give Golloday/Ingram.  I get Deandre Hopkins

Thinking of selling "high" on both Gurley and Dak. Dak has a brutal playoff schedule and this past week has me a little nervous. First good defense they played really.
I'm really interested in flipping Gurley in dynasty but don't know what to send him for.  Coming off 2 TD's and a bunch of catches seems like the time to convince someone he's fine.  

Anyone sold?

Edelman seems like a good buy low.  Kinda meh start, he's 33.  I worry about his age in keeper/dynasty.  Is he close to slowing down?

Redraft seems reasonable to go get for this year

I mentioned this in his thread, but Jaylen Samuels might be at his highest trade value to date - with a recent great game on national TV and some concern over Conner's injury status.

I think I am going to test the Connor owner in my dynasty league.

Anyone seen Samuels traded recently? 

I mentioned this in his thread, but Jaylen Samuels might be at his highest trade value to date - with a recent great game on national TV and some concern over Conner's injury status.

I think I am going to test the Connor owner in my dynasty league.

Anyone seen Samuels traded recently? 
No but I own Samuels in every league and would be very curious.

Buy low WRs:

* D. Hopkins &  W. Fuller -- Don't think they can get much lower. After they both blow up against a lousy ATL secondary this week, the buy window will slam shut.  Then the following schedule is delish: @KC, INDY, OAK. Blow up city. I'm focusing here.

* A. Theilan -- Ditto. Against the NYG, I bet he gets his this week. 

* JuJu -- Don't love the situation with Rudolph, but if you adjust your expectations and accept that  you can buy low on a WR2 now (vs previous WR1) I think the PIT offense gets it together and JuJu benefits.

* C. Ridley -- Has vanished but I think that's been a function of tough D's playing the perimeter well and Ryan dumping off underneath to Hooper and Sanu. Think that changes. Could see Ridley exploding against the HOU secondary.

I ended up buying Kerryon this week from the 0-4 owner - Sent Sutton and Calvin Ridley.  I really like Kerryon's usage post CJ Anderson.  Making that trade allows me to package Mixon/Hilton for my next upgrade.

I really like targeting players on bye if you are in good shape in the standings.

I am 3-1 and have D Johnson, Fournette, and Aaron Jones as my running backs.  Thinking about offering A Jones for Barkley to the 1-3 owner.  He is struggling at RB.  
Start with A Jones, then go to Fournette.  I would deal either of these for Barkley.  Probably would even deal DJ for Barkley, but I don't prefer it.

I am 3-1 and have D Johnson, Fournette, and Aaron Jones as my running backs.  Thinking about offering A Jones for Barkley to the 1-3 owner.  He is struggling at RB.  
Barkley owners aren't going to give him up that easily.

I'd offer DJ if it was standard.  Jones won't get it done and Fournette is too much.

I'd offer DJ if it was standard.  Jones won't get it done and Fournette is too much.
Guy traded Barkley for Ekeler about 15 minutes before Gordon let everyone know he was coming back

Ekeler owner was gracious enough to let him back out after the news.

Some owners are RB desperate.....ALWAYS CHUM THE WIRE. 

That depends on the record of the Barkley owner.  If that owner is 1-3 or 0-4, getting a solid RB that can help win now is really important.

If the Barkley owner is 2-2 or better, then I agree, it will probably be harder to acquire Barkley.

A Jones may not get it done by itself.....may have to add a piece.

Guy traded Barkley for Ekeler about 15 minutes before Gordon let everyone know he was coming back

Ekeler owner was gracious enough to let him back out after the news.

Some owners are RB desperate.....ALWAYS CHUM THE WIRE.
Ok I'll amend that to "Smart Barkley Owners"

Even before the Gordon news that would have been a bad trade.  Barkley should be back soon anyways.

That depends on the record of the Barkley owner.  If that owner is 1-3 or 0-4, getting a solid RB that can help win now is really important.

If the Barkley owner is 2-2 or better, then I agree, it will probably be harder to acquire Barkley.

A Jones may not get it done by itself.....may have to add a piece.
PPR or Standard?

Just moved Waller and J. White for Derrick Henry, 10 team 0.5 point PPR. I've got Kelce starting in my TE spot, and with Barkley out and Connor struggling, Henry felt like a solid target for a serviceable starter.

I ended up buying Kerryon this week from the 0-4 owner - Sent Sutton and Calvin Ridley.  I really like Kerryon's usage post CJ Anderson.  Making that trade allows me to package Mixon/Hilton for my next upgrade.

I really like targeting players on bye if you are in good shape in the standings.
Yikes, I see why that guy is 0-4

Yikes, I see why that guy is 0-4
In his defense we only start 1 RB, 1WR, 1TE, and 2 Flex and Kerryon is on bye and he's loaded at WR and has Tyreek Hill on his bench and OBJ under-performing - He needs some bodies for this week but, I'm pumped.  I was surprised to see Kerryon so low on the top 200 forward. I'm assuming because he's on his bye and next week he'll go up the rankings a few spot...

Just moved Waller and J. White for Derrick Henry, 10 team 0.5 point PPR. I've got Kelce starting in my TE spot, and with Barkley out and Connor struggling, Henry felt like a solid target for a serviceable starter.
Well done.  Henry should be a really strong RB2 for the ROS, especially in a 1/2 PPR league.

Users who are viewing this thread